Thread: don`t let it die

Default don`t let it die

Istaria-our home

Usually I do not have probs to find words- many words-when it comes to a subject that moves my Istarian soul.

But this time.. :

An average of 8-10 players (on a good day) and not much more at prime time or on weekends
    vanishing plots-old plots..

We do not need an augury to see where this will lead to.

Do you really want Istaria- home for so many-for you and your friends disappear?
    And no return possible after a shorter or longer break (which you took for your own good reasons) ?
    Think of all the the places you use to go- think of the special people you meet and met
    think of the fun to hunt or plan a plot-and the joy when its done..

And forget about annoyances and anger, disputes and conflicts, disappointments and disillusions
    even forget new content and.....twilight of gods...hold off on all that.

Come back- bring old or new friends with you, pay a sub, build a plot or lair, help newbies to come along with our demanding game. Present Istaria with at least another year.

If the plug is pulled- all is lost. And most of us know ..its a loss that can hardly be substituted.

But if we STAY and PAY and PLAY--there is a future-and all (well^^) is possible.

pls share you thoughts and feelings-and support my post if you can
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; November 18th, 2015 at 03:03 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: don`t let it die

Chaos is still doing fine. Beside I don't think post like this really helps-actually might make it worse for anyone new viewing this. Imagine-you just found this game,you look through forums to see what kind of game it is. You stumble upon this. Instantly a bulb turns on in your head (ahha! warning, this game wont be on long enough).
    not saying that bringing friends is bad,of course we need that.
    Last edited by Tilithia; November 18th, 2015 at 03:25 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends on the day. I have seen times when it is crowded but admittedly maintenance days can get very very quiet.

When I am on or when I am not I do intend to keep my subs active for as long as order remains up. I do my best to be about daily and certainly help anyone I can.

I understand your fears and admittedly I do worry about it sometimes as well. All we can do is the best we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sar-Goth View Post
    It depends on the day. I have seen times when it is crowded but admittedly maintenance days can get very very quiet.
    heck not even just the day, months have a very big influence on it too, I know a lot of people who only resub during summer due to having more free time and what not.

There is a blight community too. There are 3 shards you know. It's also possible some people don't like order's special rules also or they don't like to roleplay. I know this statement may get some heat but everyone has there preferences. Most importantly we need to be nice to each other, work together, spread the word. Don't let fights happens. Keep the peace. Do shard cooperation. I have heard that some order people hate chaos and chaos players. We need to work together. Let go of past differences. Then move forward together. Furthermore Istaria won't die. The devs still plan lots of content. There is still lot of people paying. Just get the word out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    There is a blight community too. There are 3 shards you know. It's also possible some people don't like order's special rules also or they don't like to roleplay. I know this statement may get some heat but everyone has there preferences. Most importantly we need to be nice to each other, work together, spread the word. Don't let fights happens. Keep the peace. Do shard cooperation. I have heard that some order people hate chaos and chaos players. We need to work together. Let go of past differences. Then move forward together. Furthermore Istaria won't die. The devs still plan lots of content. There is still lot of people paying. Just get the word out.
    In-fact.. was told recently they are going to be upgrading to another engine.. an update the graphics.. So.. see this that Istaria is evolving.. I never stopped paying my sub and never stopped spreading the word to Old rpg vets.. Beleave me the old RPG vets LOVE the old eq1 and 2 days same with wow.. They found this game they would be in love..
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    In-fact.. was told recently they are going to be upgrading to another engine.. an update the graphics.. So.. see this that Istaria is evolving.. I never stopped paying my sub and never stopped spreading the word to Old rpg vets.. Beleave me the old RPG vets LOVE the old eq1 and 2 days same with wow.. They found this game they would be in love..
    Is this an official announce? Changing the engine would be so unbelievably cool!
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

They never said they would be upgrading to a new engine or updating the graphics to any large degree. They don't have the funds or manpower required to do so. This thread used to say that they were tweaking parts of the engine to improve some aspects, but the wording appears to have changed to say "server" instead. It does say they'll be able to update textures and models incrementally, but I really wouldn't expect any major changes. It's just not possible without a complete engine overhaul (which requires rewriting much of the game's base code, acquiring new third-party tools, etc etc).

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Thread Information