Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Client 388.32.0 - Istaria unplayable

Angry Client 388.32.0 - Istaria unplayable

After yesterday patch Istaria became totally unplayable for me.
    I recently updated to Windows 10 and with older client 388.12.0 I got no issues at all.

When running 388.32.0 , every single time I am opening windows menu start the Istaria freezes totally with music still playing in background ( playing in windowed mode ).
    But biggest issue is HUGE performance drop , with older client I had 60 fps and there were no freezes , in this new client I am having constant tiny freezes making Istaria totally unplayable for me ( it shows 40-50 fps but freezes all the time ).
    Also with older client when I am opening windows menu start , Istaria does't freeze.
    And Yes I was resetting settings and clearing world cache.

I made example videos ( watch in 60 fps )
    Client 388.12.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFxG87myh0
    Client 388.32.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LMiERzu6i8
    It's just when rotating , when flying / walking it freezes even more.

I am playing on single screen, also I have Intel Core i5 CPU along with Nvidia GPU

I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems ?
    Last edited by Mitar; August 12th, 2015 at 01:24 PM.

Default Re: Client 388.32.0 - Istaria unplayable

Hi Mitar,

Could you try opening C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\resources\GameConst.def and then search for "fpsTarget", it should be set to 40 right now, try changing it to 100 and let us know if that makes a difference for you.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I did so, Deforian, and I'm running at 44 FPS now. Usually I would get 60 FPS. I'd investigate more but I don't have time right now.

Running on an i7 3.4ghz and nVidia GTX 750 Ti

Thanks Raktor, I passed that along to the devs.

Windows 8.1, 750 Ti here. Not getting any of the freezing issues mentioned, I imagine those are due to Windows 10. I'm getting 60 FPS when standing still in an area for about a minute. Rotating in place or walking around with mobs present brings me down to ~54 (expected), but doesn't have the same effect when it's just me, interestingly enough. I initially loaded in at 44 FPS, but after a minute or two, I was brought back up to 60. I changed my FPSTarget to 100 as mentioned.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Quote Originally Posted by Deforian View Post
    Thanks Raktor, I passed that along to the devs.
    No problem - here's some more information to work with now that I have time:

I'm on Windows 7 - FPS is still at around 44 even after sitting for a long while like Kida did. I've a few other programs up in the background, but previously that never affected my FPS.

I've no freezing issue though - I missed that in Mitar's post initially. I'll keep lounging in New Trismus for a while and update if there's any change

Quote Originally Posted by Deforian View Post
    Hi Mitar,

Could you try opening C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\resources\GameConst.def and then search for "fpsTarget", it should be set to 40 right now, try changing it to 100 and let us know if that makes a difference for you.
    Hey , thanks for quick answer,
    I did change the fpsTarget to 60 ( and above till 200 ) and setting it to 60 fixes the "small" freezes visible on video.
    But still Istaria freezes completely if / when I try to open menu start while Istaria is running.
    The freezing issue wasn't existing in older client.

if i change the fps to 60 i wont get any spellcombat feedback at all.

at 40 the game is flickering so much so i have to change it back to 60. But at that number i dont get any spellfeedback

but what i dont understand is that the ability feedback is there at any time, 40fps or 60fps
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    but what i dont understand is that the ability feedback is there at any time, 40fps or 60fps
    In the file itself, it says:
    " // if frame rate is too high > 50, action system doesn't get enough time per frame to do work, and will skip actions
    // capped frame rate is good for the loading thread as well - performance is more rounded with the high cap"
    I have no idea why that happens with only spells, though, but maybe that helps shed a little light?

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    In the file itself, it says:
    " // if frame rate is too high > 50, action system doesn't get enough time per frame to do work, and will skip actions
    // capped frame rate is good for the loading thread as well - performance is more rounded with the high cap"
    I have no idea why that happens with only spells, though, but maybe that helps shed a little light?
    If i set the string fps to 40 or 50 i get a VERY flickering game

There is new tiny patch 388.32.4 ( along with few smaller earlier ) which generally resolves the "tiny freezes" issue, BUT
    Istaria still does freeze completely if I try to open Start Menu in Windows while Istaria is running , and I was testing this on clean Windows 8.1 and 10 .
    Such problem do not exist in 388.12.0 .

on 388.35.0 , there is still problem with Start Menu.

Oh yes there are *murrs* even so with me it has nothing to do with the start menu. It just happens when I switch windows with alt+tab keys. today I froze* like 6 times and it really bothers me! After the last one I updated to 388.35 and it reverted my changes of the gameconst file back to 100. I'm not even in the mood to go back online and say goodbye to everyone what I was about to do because it's late. Really thanks *murrs*

* = frozen means, the screen freezes. I still can move (I can hear myself doing so) or use abilities. But the screen stands still on my side! Minimizing and maximizing the window makes it completely black!
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Your problem reminds me a lot of the update that made it so that Istaria freezes and doesn't render when its not in focus. Open other windows in front of it, but not fullscreen - does it freeze then or is it only the start menu?

I know there was a patch to remove that, but it's a thought.

I've gotten the same issue with the freezing since the Win 10 update sadly, I had to turn off the touchpad function that opens up the start and search menus. Honestly, until these last few clients, I've never had my game actually freeze, just the normal crash and shut down that Istaria's well known for, hehe. This was even before the Win 10 update. I have more issues with freezing on recall and on teleport.

I don't have windows 10 but have windows 7 and the screen will freeze, when you like click the window button that pulls up you main menu bar on the keyboard, or view other things, the screen will freeze and you can hear sound and move, only thing you can do is exit the game. I heard other people are having worse time, not able to get in, or it will crash one minute after logging in. The button freeze I mentions still happened with 388.35.0

I just patched and logged into Chaos. I also run windows 10, but I haven't seen any of the locking others are mentioning.

My gameconst.def file has a date of 8-16 and the int fpstarget is set to 100. Looking in my fpswindow though, my average is only 21. Game seems fine, but I haven't tried combat.

If you have 60fps the spellfeedback is missing. Its there if you have arround 30.

btw the game now also nearly always hangs on exit on the point

or unloading GUI. Have to kill it via task manager to quit it
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    btw the game now also nearly always hangs on exit on the point

or unloading GUI. Have to kill it via task manager to quit it
    I forgot to mention that I am seeing this behavior. Every time I exit, I have to right click Istaria in the taskbar, select close window.

Thread Information