Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not happy

Default Not happy

Why is it when a delta is introduced to live shards that we always have bugs to deal with for several day?
    I upgraded to Windows 10 on the July 30th and Istaria was running smoother than it done on Windows 8.1 No issues with logins or lag. Just small glitches which are normal for years we all live with them lol.
    Now since Tuesday's maintenance every time I log in, the game so choppy I have to relog for it to work.
    This is very annoying when you have a short time for each login.
    Can others here verify what I am experiencing here?
    Nothing as changed here on this computer to cause this lag in the game, only the deltas that were not tested properly.

no cheers on this post

Default Re: Not happy

well, I'll be blunt with this post.

have you ever been on blight? let me tell you the population: 1-10 most likely (I'll be honest, I haven't been on there myself for a while, most of the people I used to play with have dissapeared or moved on to other stuff which really takes away my drive to go on blight), not counting people that go on there and sit in NT during maintenence, and not counting people that log in for a day or 2 and then leave. And let's be honest, the majority of those people don't even test.

so is it really that weird that broken content makes it live?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Why is it when a delta is introduced to live shards that we always have bugs to deal with for several day?
    Because nobody actually tests the Deltas on the testing shard. There's a handful of players that patch in Blight's files and play the game, but they can't be relied on for accurate testing data because there are many, MANY hardware + OS combinations out there that the small testing group couldn't hope to cover with their playtime. You are the testing group since the actual testing group is so miniscule in number.

If you encounter problems while playing, send a ticket in to support with as much information as possible about the issues you encounter. They will ask you if they need any more information, and will attempt to resolve your gameplay issues.

I personally have not encountered any major choppiness (aside from when I first log in, but it clears up in minutes) with the latest update.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    Because nobody actually tests the Deltas on the testing shard. There's a handful of players that patch in Blight's files and play the game, but they can't be relied on for accurate testing data because there are many, MANY hardware + OS combinations out there that the small testing group couldn't hope to cover with their playtime. You are the testing group since the actual testing group is so miniscule in number.

If you encounter problems while playing, send a ticket in to support with as much information as possible about the issues you encounter. They will ask you if they need any more information, and will attempt to resolve your gameplay issues.

I personally have not encountered any major choppiness (aside from when I first log in, but it clears up in minutes) with the latest update.
    We need to cooperate to test when clients and deltas come out on blight and test them. So no bugs come on live shards.

Some players may have time to test on Blight but others don't. So I guess the paying customers who don't have time have to put up with the bugs and have difficulties playing for several days until it gets ironed out.... Sad

Some players may have time to test on Blight but others don't. So I guess the paying customers who don't have time have to put up with the bugs and have difficulties playing for several days until it gets ironed out.... Sad
    "Testing on Blight" = patching with a Blight character and then disabling patching and playing on any character. I do it, I don't mind putting up with the bugs because I send feedback to support and help them keep the game functional, because I'm a paying customer that wants to actually support the game.

Like I said, send in a ticket to support with the issues you're having. This is just how it is when there's a playerbase as small as this game's. There's no big team to test and smash bugs behind the scenes, there's a very small dev team working with what they have to improve the game, and they cannot possibly account for all individual's PC builds unless they get feedback from the people with those builds. Unless you want the game to be completely stagnant for years, you're going to see changes and you're going to encounter some bugs.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

And look just how fast most problems are resolved these days!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

@ Kida
    Don't go there with me. I have been here for many years and know how his game performs with different pc builds. When someone states that the game is not right since a certain Tuesday maintenance then its not that pc build that caused the problem. Some former devs may have argued so to some players but were only making a fool out of themselves.
    If you want to "pay" test on blight then go ahead. If you are not experiencing this problem then I don't need your input here on my rant.
    Just tried to play again a couple mins ago, and like some others I have spoken to as soon as everything loads I can hardly move character. On autorun character moves 3 steps and stops then another 3 steps and stops.
    This computer can run anything else without a glitch but not this game since Tuesday.

Hi Rock,

you asked a simple question-I guess you did not want to discuss about blight testing or how/when to file a ticket.
    As you are are a long term player- I assume you know all about that what there is to know .

So here a simple answer: No probs here (win 7)- not at Flame`s comps (win 10 )-no complaints from the German players so far.

But I know what you are talking about- quite often after patch I have such probs- they vanish some days later..
    (never found out why)

And Yes Salwirk is right:-)
    And Yes- hail to all who have- or take time to test on blight!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Normal and expected for most MMOs, including many with much higher budgets and much larger teams and dedicated testers.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Sorry for the problems some players are experiencing with the new client 338.32 . It's coincidence, normally delta and client releases aren't on the same day. But the problems would be from the latest client, not the delta. I personally have no issues, but I do realize different machines, etc will produce different results sometimes.

It might be a few days before any client updates, but we certainly don't want anyone to endure any frustration in the meantime.

If you want to revert back to the previous client 388.12, you can grab it at http://patch.istaria.com/istaria.exe

Copy/Overwrite it to your main game folder, likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria

Should you decide to try the latest client again afterwards, just do a full patch (Troubleshoot button on Launcher).
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

@ Kida
    Don't go there with me. I have been here for many years and know how his game performs with different pc builds. When someone states that the game is not right since a certain Tuesday maintenance then its not that pc build that caused the problem. Some former devs may have argued so to some players but were only making a fool out of themselves.
    If you want to "pay" test on blight then go ahead. If you are not experiencing this problem then I don't need your input here on my rant.
    Just tried to play again a couple mins ago, and like some others I have spoken to as soon as everything loads I can hardly move character. On autorun character moves 3 steps and stops then another 3 steps and stops.
    This computer can run anything else without a glitch but not this game since Tuesday.
    There is literally no reason to get hostile or snippy with me, I was just stating facts. I know plenty of people are able to play just fine on the latest Deltas, so yes, it is an issue with your specific setup. Be it the new OS, not running Istaria in compatibility mode, whatever. I don't know or care, it's up to the dev team to get your information and find out what's wrong with a support ticket, and that's what I was directing you to with my posts. I can leave all the input I want, it's a public forum.

Thanks for providing an older Delta for people, Cega.

*off topic?*

(repeating things again and again- will make them come true- somewhen ?
    Having the famous last word means- the one is right-at least ?
    answering questions- nobody asked- means one is a prophet ? )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

TheRock,
    I feel with you, though I have no problems of that kind at all. Istaria is well known to be one of the games having simply too much issues. And of course the Virtrium team is way too small to be able to react there in a reasonable manner. The only effective way to get things work again are bug reports on such issues. VI always has an eye open for tickets. Of course you knew that already

All I can tell you: Patience is your best friend. Things will become right, but not too early in Istaria.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Thank you all for the positive replies (not you Kida who is ignored). This section of the forum is for "rant" and that's what I done. This does not mean that I am going to quit. I enjoy the game and the awesome community excluding just a few. Many times when a player is very busy in RL it gets frustrating when they want to play for a half hr several times a day or even an hr for the whole day. Later today I shall try a few things friends suggested.

cheers

In addition to what Cegaiel said you'll also need to download http://patch.istaria.com/clientlookups.zip unzip it and put ClientLookups.def in C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\resources. If you have any questions or issues with that please create a support ticket. Problems with the client do vary from computer to computer so creating a support ticket not only helps us to troubleshoot it personally with you but it also helps us to get a grasp on just how many people it's affecting.

I downloaded the file in Cegaiel's and Deforian's replies (thank you) and will use them if it gets like it did the past few days. Seems the login today was not so bad. I was able to move around the terrain fairly good when I wasn't afk. So will hold off on making those changes for another day. I will check it again tomorrow.
    I have made some quick notes from your replies for future quick references.

cheers

Dude the game still crashes for me randomly and more if my screen is maximized.

Wouldn't hold your breathe. When you can tolerate it (the game), you play. When you can't, you stop playing.

Support will not fix your problem any time soon. Have you seen the dev tracker? They are overloaded and understaffed.
    rip

A patch was released today that resolves the alt-tab / window key full screen problem.

As with all issues, if you have any problems, please send in a support ticket at https://support.istaria.com and support will work with you to document details of the problem, and then the developers will look at what's needed for a fix.

@TheRock
    Yfelvik is good people. It is good he has seen this thread.
    rip

Thread Information