Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

  1. #1

    Default Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    So yes, a rant. One worth noting if just because it's so wrong, yet a good portion of the community is **************** enough to actually say "good 'work'" to the updates.

    But the Lexica Lazies. I HAVE to ask how the community (much less the admins, by stickying the thread) can consider such activity to be fair.

    Any look at the updates and someone with two brain cells to rub together would see that the actual Wikia updates things with actual WORK, then the Lexica runs in and does the same exact thing with the same exact wording for each article. they literally don't WORK. They just copy and paste. But they get "Good Work" from the simple-minded, eternally _slow_ individuals who seriously think work was involved. They don't work. And yet people are stupid enough to say that they're putting "love and care" into the Lexica. It's oddly hilarious, if wrong.

    Are they doing wrong by copyrights? Naw, they attributed, which was my primary gripe. However that doesn't change that what they are doing isn't work, factually speaking. They simply copy and paste, and they're done. Meanwhile Kida busts herself to keep the Wikia running smoothly with backbone improvements, template improvements (that the Lexica Lazies keep taking, BUT GOOD WORK LOLZ CUZ THAT'S TOTES HARD WORK GUISE), data uploads from the actual game (that the Lexica Lazies keep copying word for word BUT GOOD WORK LOLZ CUZ THAT'S TOTES HARD WORK GUISE), and the community harps on Kida because she didn't make the Lexica Lazies admins?

    When I come to these forums, I am literally surrounded by idiots, with VERY few intelligent people interspersed. It's quite depressing.

    The question then becomes "why do you come here, then?" to which I answer "to make the lives of the multitude of morons difficult." I ain't leaving, simple as that. I rarely post, though, because the elitism is _WAY_ too prevalent on these boards, much like the stupidity, but I won't be leaving.

    That said, I don't bother to play the game anymore BECAUSE of the shitty community. When I first jumped in, I was ONLY treated properly, like a player, if I was a dragon or any pay-race. If I played a Human in a few test cases, I was either ignored or outright insulted. And this is the community that the admins actually WANT? I wish I had the screencaps from that long ago, but unfortunately, I only have characters on an account I no longer pay for because I don't want to support this sort of attitude amongst the community.

    Too many morons. But I stick around for the intelligent few.

    You're all free to post opinions on these thoughts, natch, but the lot of you will likely just be ignored. This was a rant to get stuff off of my chest, I'm not likely to come back to this thread. Trust me, you lot are NOT that important to me. Those that are are on my Skype already.
    Art block is like constipation. Sometimes you just gotta push. Once you get something out, the rest just starts flowing right out and you're left thinking "When the heck did I get diarrhea?!"

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    welp, guess this should get closed for Naming 'n Shaming.

    also, thanks for telling me that going over NPC dialogue, word for word to check the spelling and grammar, and uploading the proper versions to the Lexica, is apparently "copying" from the wiki, not to mention the addition of over 20 missing images yesterday alone.

    And wow, I'm impressed by their ability to copy, if you're right here: 3,000 more articles? God ********, that's impressive that they can copy more than there is available. Sure some of those could potentially be templates and small stuff like that, but that's still no number to scoff at.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    also, thanks for telling me that going over NPC dialogue, word for word to check the spelling and grammar, and uploading the proper versions to the Lexica, is apparently "copying" from the wiki, not to mention the addition of over 20 missing images yesterday alone.
    You're contributing to a ripped-off wiki. Could always contribute to the actual one, but you don't for some unknown reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    And wow, I'm impressed by their ability to copy, if you're right here: 3,000 more articles? God ********, that's impressive that they can copy more than there is available. Sure some of those could potentially be templates and small stuff like that, but that's still no number to scoff at.
    Their count includes all files, images, templates, etc. from the Wikia, which are stored under a different namespace and aren't counted in the overall article count (while theirs does because it's a different software from Wikia's). So you're wrong there as well, just felt I should correct it.

    Got nothin' else to say here.

    "Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

  4. #4

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    You're contributing to a ripped-off wiki. Could always contribute to the actual one, but you don't for some unknown reason.
    But then we'd have to put up with the Wikia's admins who are arses' Why do I say this.. just look at greenlight istaria threads or look at what you say about us (the community) in skype chats... if you hate the wiki so much let it go... my gods your both worse than disney inc. although perhaps almost as entertaining (though for all the wrong reasons)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

  5. #5

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    But then we'd have to put up with the Wikia's admins who are arses' Why do I say this.. just look at greenlight istaria threads or look at what you say about us (the community) in skype chats... if you hate the wiki so much let it go... my gods your both worse than disney inc. although perhaps almost as entertaining (though for all the wrong reasons)
    1) Thanks for calling me an arse. The other wiki admins are upstanding editors and don't deserve that insult, however.
    2) What I say in Greenlight threads is, first and foremost, old and outdated and I'm surprised you hold onto such a grudge for so long! And second, as I told you in the other thread, my thoughts as a gamer criticizing the game have nothing to do with my administration of the wiki.
    3) What I say about you in skype chats? Would love an accurate source for that. Most I've done is rant about this recent wiki issue and the elitism on the forums, which is something a lot of people have a problem with. Very vague rants which are personal and, again, have nothing to do with my administration of the wiki.
    4) I don't hate the wiki (why would I pour all my time into it if I did?), I hate copy-cats of the wiki and the people running them accepting praise for their "hard work" when all they do is copy/paste everything I do on the Wiki. Looking at their Recent Wiki History shows them conveniently updating Trophies and Tech Comps, conveniently the day after I do both of those things on the actual wiki. Facts don't lie.
    5) Glad you find us entertaining.

    "Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Harro somewhere near Fafnir the Defiler
    Posts
    486

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    It's very obvious Istaria Luxica is copying from Istaria Wiki or partially, and for one that is wrong, dishonorable, possibly legal issues, which anyone helping Istaria Lucxica can be held accountable, I looked at both sides of the issue. But stealing someone's hard work that is plain wrong. It doesn't matter if the person is a jerk or not. The person did the hard work, sweat blood for it. You may not like me for saying this but its the truth.

    DEV: This is a complicated thread with many opinions and facts. There's been some reports about this specific post and the references to legal issues / stealing. Wikia (just like wikipedia) is a public wiki and allows posted content to be used on other sites if it is referenced properly. All Wikia content is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA). The Lexica wiki does provide proper references to the reposted content and should not be considered stealing.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 19th, 2015 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Comments regarding Share Alike

  7. #7

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    But then we'd have to put up with the Wikia's admins who are arses' Why do I say this.. just look at greenlight istaria threads or look at what you say about us (the community) in skype chats... if you hate the wiki so much let it go... my gods your both worse than disney inc. although perhaps almost as entertaining (though for all the wrong reasons)
    Lulz, grudge much over actual critical thinking and criticisms that were always tempered with "try it and see if it's the sort of thing you'd like"? Also I'm always amused that the SLIGHTEST negativity is met with hatred from simpletons like yourself.

    Is it too much to grasp that not everyone will like this game? Is it also too much to grasp that some people might mention what they don't like alongside the fact that someone else might still like it? For a simpleton like yourself, it would seem the answer is a resounding "yes".

    Also the comparison to Disney amuses me. Is this a new Godwin's Law I'm unaware of? Your comparison has no real ground, but hey, simpleton. I shouldn't expect much. We just dislike something and offer honest criticism, and urge new people to give it a shot anyway cuz they might enjoy it after all. I understand your limited mind cannot comprehend this, but that's okay. Practice makes perfect, little one. Give it a shot sometime, be patient, and you, too, will learn!

    Though really I'm expecting more misguided analogues to back up your broken logic anyway, so LEZ DO DIS. I'm bored, I got time~

    If you really want, you can bug me on Skype. Just...if you do, please use intelligence? I'm liable to block you if you say something really dumb.



    @Meepsa: I'm sorry, it's hard to see what work you actually did readily on the Wiki amongst the ungodly amount of copypasta in there. Really, I am, no sarcasm intended. If you did some work, it shouldn't go unnoticed, but considering the Lexica Lazies' interesting need to update EXACTLY what Kida just did minutes to hours after she did it, with the same exact text and templates, it really IS hard to pick out. It honestly is.

    So I'll thank you for the work you DID do that wasn't outright copypasta. You're setting an example that the Lexica Lazies should have been following from day one.
    Art block is like constipation. Sometimes you just gotta push. Once you get something out, the rest just starts flowing right out and you're left thinking "When the heck did I get diarrhea?!"

  8. #8

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    It's very obvious Istaria Luxica is copying from Istaria Wiki, and for one that is wrong, dishonorable... that is plain wrong. It doesn't matter if the person is a jerk or not. The person did the hard work, sweat blood for it. You may not like me for saying this but its the truth.

    Honestly, even if you sat there saying Lexica was GRAND, I'd still respect you for stating your opinion without vitriol. I'd argue the point (that's part of the fun) but you did so without calling names and without being an asshole. You set a little example for me to follow.

    Thank you for stopping by, honestly. Maybe Wee little Cal up there can learn from you too?
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 19th, 2015 at 07:08 PM.
    Art block is like constipation. Sometimes you just gotta push. Once you get something out, the rest just starts flowing right out and you're left thinking "When the heck did I get diarrhea?!"

  9. #9

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    You're contributing to a ripped-off wiki. Could always contribute to the actual one, but you don't for some unknown reason..

    That said, I don't bother to play the game anymore BECAUSE of the shitty community.

    And that is exactly why I can understand why people won't and don't. You and verg are constantly bashing the community and game in istaria skype chats, steam greenlight pages, and on the forums. Then you've got the gall to call the community members who tell you to stop making drama or who don't agree with you a number of profanities and say they deserve to die.

    You two are the -only- ones I see creating drama and being aggressive over a non-issue. Get over it and move on. Some people didn't like what or how you were doing things so they agreed to disagree and went off to make their own sandbox to play in. They did the mature act in comparison to your reactions. If anything negative publicity is positive advertising.

    Frankly I really don't care what you guys have to complain about or the drama you are trying to stir. Its stupid, its immature, and it doesn't make you look like a responsible admin. Its a big turn off to those who would have otherwise edited both the wiki -and- the lexica. So what, there are two places to get information! People will use whichever one they feel comfortable using. Try using some good customer service techniques. Creating drama over a competitive service existing and being aggressive towards other people and players will not entice them to use your services.

    This is all I am ever going to say on the matter.


    You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

    "Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"


  10. #10

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post


    And that is exactly why I can understand why people won't and don't. You and verg are constantly bashing the community and game in istaria skype chats, steam greenlight pages, and on the forums. Then you've got the gall to call the community members who tell you to stop making drama or who don't agree with you a number of profanities and say they deserve to die.

    You two are the -only- ones I see creating drama and being aggressive over a non-issue. Get over it and move on. Some people didn't like what or how you were doing things so they agreed to disagree and went off to make their own sandbox to play in. They did the mature act in comparison to your reactions. If anything negative publicity is positive advertising.

    Frankly I really don't care what you guys have to complain about or the drama you are trying to stir. Its stupid, its immature, and it doesn't make you look like a responsible admin. Its a big turn off to those who would have otherwise edited both the wiki -and- the lexica. So what, there are two places to get information! People will use whichever one they feel comfortable using. Try using some good customer service techniques. Creating drama over a competitive service existing and being aggressive towards other people and players will not entice them to use your services.

    This is all I am ever going to say on the matter.
    You not only missed the point epically, but you just parroted Cal, AND were incorrect on numerous points (such as them doing the mature thing, which is apparently copying a wiki and templates word-for-word, WHO WOULDA THOUGHT.) Thanks for the useless post!

    Also this was funny: "Frankly I really don't care what you guys have to complain about" Yea about that detail...
    Art block is like constipation. Sometimes you just gotta push. Once you get something out, the rest just starts flowing right out and you're left thinking "When the heck did I get diarrhea?!"

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Harro somewhere near Fafnir the Defiler
    Posts
    486

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post


    And that is exactly why I can understand why people won't and don't. You and verg are constantly bashing the community and game in istaria skype chats, steam greenlight pages, and on the forums. Then you've got the gall to call the community members who tell you to stop making drama or who don't agree with you a number of profanities and say they deserve to die.

    You two are the -only- ones I see creating drama and being aggressive over a non-issue. Get over it and move on. Some people didn't like what or how you were doing things so they agreed to disagree and went off to make their own sandbox to play in. They did the mature act in comparison to your reactions. If anything negative publicity is positive advertising.

    Frankly I really don't care what you guys have to complain about or the drama you are trying to stir. Its stupid, its immature, and it doesn't make you look like a responsible admin. Its a big turn off to those who would have otherwise edited both the wiki -and- the lexica. So what, there are two places to get information! People will use whichever one they feel comfortable using. Try using some good customer service techniques. Creating drama over a competitive service existing and being aggressive towards other people and players will not entice them to use your services.

    This is all I am ever going to say on the matter.
    Honestly, all this drama crap should stop! We should be working together not fighting amongst ourselves. We need to work and come together as a community to improve istaria. Not the pointless mud slinging, and do it in a way that is respectful to people's work. Not say for example, oh so and so Person A did this or Person B did this.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    Honestly, all this drama crap should stop! We should be working together not fighting amongst ourselves. We need to work and come together as a community to improve istaria. Not the pointless mud slinging, and do it in a way that is respectful to people's work. Not say for example, oh so and so Person A did this or Person B did this.
    You definitely have a point, but that's what the rant board is for, no? To rant. Get stuff off of the chest, right? So that's what I did. If some people don't like it, that's tough ******** for them.
    Art block is like constipation. Sometimes you just gotta push. Once you get something out, the rest just starts flowing right out and you're left thinking "When the heck did I get diarrhea?!"

  13. #13

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    And that is exactly why I can understand why people won't and don't. You and verg are constantly bashing the community and game in istaria skype chats, steam greenlight pages, and on the forums. Then you've got the gall to call the community members who tell you to stop making drama or who don't agree with you a number of profanities and say they deserve to die.
    I haven't done any of that but ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Frankly I really don't care what you guys have to complain about or the drama you are trying to stir. Its stupid, its immature, and it doesn't make you look like a responsible admin. Its a big turn off to those who would have otherwise edited both the wiki -and- the lexica. So what, there are two places to get information! People will use whichever one they feel comfortable using. Try using some good customer service techniques. Creating drama over a competitive service existing and being aggressive towards other people and players will not entice them to use your services.
    I haven't done any of that but ok.

    Verg, I understand that we're always attached at the hip, but for once I wish people will stop lumping us together as the same person. Like, I understand that logic is lacking a lot around here, but this is nuts.

    "Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

  14. #14

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    "Verg, I understand that we're always attached at the hip, but for once I wish people will stop lumping us together as the same person. Like, I understand that logic is lacking a lot around here, but this is nuts."

    "logic is lacking a lot around here"

    "this is nuts"

    EXACTLY.
    Art block is like constipation. Sometimes you just gotta push. Once you get something out, the rest just starts flowing right out and you're left thinking "When the heck did I get diarrhea?!"

  15. #15

    Default Re: Rant Thread? Rant Thread.

    I guess it's all on the table. Let's move on to more productive things please.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I posted this in the rant thread, but others might like to see it:
    By Kumu Honua in forum General Off Topic Posts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 19th, 2006, 03:52 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 25th, 2005, 03:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •