Thread: Lightning Blast

Default Lightning Blast

Was browsing the Imperial Spell Vendors for new Druid spells and in Kion came across Lightning Blast I, but was dismayed when I saw that despite being a Nature damage spell requiring Nature skill, my Druid can't use it.

Even on the Wiki, it says "Lightning Blasts can be used by: Battle Mage, Chaos Warrior, Conjurer, Flame Disciple, Ice Disciple, Knight of Creation, Mage, Sorcerer, Wizard", which reflects the spell item itself.

Bug in the spell or just a weird cross-class thing that's working as intended?
    Conodar Banestorm (Human)
    24 Shaman, 34 Spellcrafter/12 Blacksmith

Default Re: Lightning Blast

The answer is included in this thread:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ightning-Blast

Knossos

Lightning Blast I requires level 18 adventurer school (current school) and 180 nature skill.
    Lightning Blast II requires level 38 and 380 nature skill.
    Tier 3 and higher follows the same pattern, 58/580, 78/780, 98/980
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Weird cross-class thing. Got it.

Odd that I didn't see that thread when I searched...
    Conodar Banestorm (Human)
    24 Shaman, 34 Spellcrafter/12 Blacksmith

I still wonder to
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

I've checked, it's intended for those classes, even though it might not seem an appropriate pattern for schools that can use this nature spell. Part of the reason is that it's awarded by Eilen at the Tower of Mage. Her quests actually tell the story of how she researched it. Logically the spell made sense to be Mystical, but coming from a Mage at the Mage Tower, it seemed off to have it be Guardian, Druid, etc
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I've checked, it's intended for those classes, even though it might not seem an appropriate pattern for schools that can use this nature spell. Part of the reason is that it's awarded by Eilen at the Tower of Mage. Her quests actually tell the story of how she researched it. Logically the spell made sense to be Mystical, but coming from a Mage at the Mage Tower, it seemed off to have it be Guardian, Druid, etc

I agree with you Cegaiel
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Perhaps, but given the affinity of those classes for the type of energy used, I would think they would pick it up naturally. It would be like a dragon not being able to do something involving primal skill.
    (Hee hee, really did not intend that pun when typing it, but since I love puns, left it in.)

Then the mages stole it from the druids and now there is a war against them.

and why is the mage tower in snow? Shouldn't that be in Dralk? lol

Has Lightning Blast been fixed yet? Last time I tried it (when it was new) the recycle was tied to Fiery Strike (the spell is a copy of fiery strike, except the skill needed is Nature).

So mages who are also druids, get this one extra spell. That was the idea behind this spell. But with a 100% linked timer to Fiery Strike, what's the point? Shouldn't be linked at all.

Someone test it, I can test later but will be a couple hours.

Where do you get Lightning Blast from? I have been to vendors and to spellcraft trainers and have not found it offered. I have been to Winter Vale and Mage Tower plus Kirasanct. I can't find this spell or a quest for it. I looked at Wiki and Lexica and found spell listed but not where you get it from. Can someone tell me how to get this spell? If a quest, please tell me requirements to start quest. Thanks. Slimey on Order

It depends which server board I think is which.

According to Istaria reference, the beginner and journeyman versions are drop-only and expert is a quest reward from Scout Rane Ogglestorm in Winter Vale... who only gives the questline "The Than'kuk Threat" which Lexica doesn't have any sort of minimum requirements for unfortuantely, but Istaria Wikia 'guessed' the minimum level to be around 90, which is likely right considering Than'kuk levels

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Has Lightning Blast been fixed yet? Last time I tried it (when it was new) the recycle was tied to Fiery Strike (the spell is a copy of fiery strike, except the skill needed is Nature).

So mages who are also druids, get this one extra spell. That was the idea behind this spell. But with a 100% linked timer to Fiery Strike, what's the point? Shouldn't be linked at all.

Someone test it, I can test later but will be a couple hours.
    It is not linked
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information