Thread: Blight Research Facility (Thelras's Lair)

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Default Blight Research Facility (Thelras's Lair)

In an attempt to find some folks to RP with I decided to create a new channel centered around Thelras's home in Slate Crest. The lair is reachable from Bristugo through the Outlands Destinations portal if you want to visit. You can also go directly south west of the Dead Pool (if you're flying). Otherwise you have to take the road going south of Dead Pool and loop back north...

Currently only the first floor is built with the exception of the tavern (unless you have the lair mod). In-character only the first floor is built, otherwise that'd be cheating! There's an open silo, lair, and stoneworking chamber if anyone needs slate from out there though it's not really in a prime location. Just in case!

But down to story type stuff! Thelras is in the process of trying to discover new ways of purifying and defeating the blight through rune casting as well as his primal abilities. Needless to say with such a large task he could use a bit of help from both bipeds and dragons. So, he's been posting help wanted ads around the major cities in hopes someone would be able to aid him in his task. So if you have a character who's interested you can simply join the channel. However, Thelras keeps his lair locked with wards so people can't enter freely without his consent. (Like seriously who'd just let strangers wander into their houses!) Especially since he lives so close to the Dead Pool, undead agents could try to get in when he's away.

Click for pics:
    http://roleplay.orderunderground.org...Places_of_Note

Description of the lair and surrounding area:

Thelras's home is dug into the slate rich hills south west of the Deadpool. Currently he's the only resident so he has claimed the entire hillside as his own. Because of this there are rune-scribbed boulders placed around the hills emanating a faint aura which has a mildly calming effect. What they're for isn't readily apparent. Around the lair entrance is a ring of runes that acts like a proximity detector; if someone passes over them Thelras will know! It's not 100% full proof, however.

Inside of Thelras's lair there's an entry corridor with two sets of runes: the first set generates a ward that prevents entry while the second acts as a purifying aura removing blight from a person's body. The first chamber is a small space currently filled with all of Thelras's belongings. Because of this it's rather messy as he's constantly adding scrolls and samples and hoard items. His silo is where he sleeps until his personal chamber is completed. He is working on a tavern for his food storage and is nearing completion of the first floor.

I'll be updating this as I finish work on the lair.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Default Re: Blight Research Facility (Thelras's Lair)

Welp now that I'm not the only one living near the Dead Pool, I suppose I'll have to make a visit as a neighbor of sorts.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Sure! Don't mind visitors at all. x3
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard

UPDATE!!

The Blight Research Facility is now CLOSED! I'm downgrading my sub to basic. OOCly the plot is for sale. ICly the lair has been sealed shut.

Thread Information