Thread: Interface modifactions?

Default Interface modifactions?

So I know some nice updates or coming and have happened since I last played. However the interface is still terrible! I can never quite seem to arrange things very well and I have gone searching for Mods for the interface or even just someone who made a great arrangement and had it up. However, I can't seem to find anything.

Any ideas? Should I just deal with it? I wish I could create and macro keys and actions better as well. Then it wouldn't be a problem.

Default Re: Interface modifactions?

Heya Rashi,
    it's quite hard to find guides these days, since most links to external resources are aged to death However I can give you some hints.

Player Guides on Istaria Lexica:
    You can find hotkey guides and examples, slash commands, and a list of player mods there. However the player mod list is awful and yet to be updated (it's due I promise).

If you're just looking for an idea how to make things, here's a screenshot of my gui:

Since I'm a bit familiar with gui modding, feel free to ask me if you need help.
    Last edited by Elteria; September 3rd, 2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: added link to original sized picture

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

When it comes to player guides, you can also view here.

Here's an example of my HUD. Works really well for me, making window backgrounds completely transparent ends up with some really nice results. Doesn't look as cluttered when there's less black everywhere. Making use of the auto-hide feature also helps!
    Last edited by Yfelvik; September 3rd, 2015 at 05:15 PM.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Mmmh I forgot to mention some things:

• The minimap you see is the MapPack Mod using the 'Medium Mini Map' from istaria-reference.com
    • As you can see, the background of each hotbar is black with 20% opacity. I modded that by myself, but it's incomplete. The original bars got a brown'ish texture you cannot change ingame (just opacity). I think I'll finish that up to also work on vertical mode and make a post here.
    • The bigger chat entry bar is a mod I made for a friend: here
    • There is also a quest log mod, making it more overviewable: here

------------------

Awesome. On both counts my screen has ended up in a relatively similar fashion. It's nice that the guides you linked are surprisingly not what I found in my search at all! Still sucks that set up takes so dang long...

I was also thinking about map modifications as I used to use one a long time ago. With updates coming here pretty soon, is it a good idea?

I had something else I was going add/ask and say but I can't remember now so I guess I'll ask later when I remember.

Yes the Map Pack is well worth it. Since it is a simple change in the client gui script files (and a little big new graphics) you won't have any problems in most cases on patches. Same for my stuff I mentioned above or even the tons of others.

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    I was also thinking about map modifications as I used to use one a long time ago. With updates coming here pretty soon, is it a good idea?
    You don't have to worry when it comes to the Map Pack, it's been updated for the upcoming changes and Cegaiel does a really great job with maintaining it. Downloads are here.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Thread Information