Thread: A New Sound: Dragon Voices

Lightbulb A New Sound: Dragon Voices

So, one thing I did when I played Istaria was that I wasn't too fond of the dragon sounds and how they all seemed similar no matter what age they were. I have a lot of beastly sounds and can mix together quite a number of them as replacements. I'm going to start opening them up for usage if anyone likes the idea / the first installation!

This first one (I named it SlitheryDragon) is what I used for Symazok. In resources_override, go into (or make) resources --> sound --> characters --> and put it into any one of the three folders you want. Dragon_u is adult, dragona_u is adult, dragonj_u is juvenile.

For Symazok, I had it set up like so: Istaria --> resources_override --> resources --> sound --> characters --> dragona_u. Just extract the files all into that last folder and it should work.

I'm going to make one for the juvenile dragon next, and I have a lot of sounds set up for a much more bellowing, thundering, powerful roaring dragon, which I'm going to call DeadlyDragon. Whenever I include a new .zip, I'll post all the previous ones at the end of my post, so that if you're looking for a specific one, all you have to do is scroll to the last page for easy access.

-------------------------------------

Slithery Dragon: http://www.filedropper.com/slitherydragon

Vamalchior

Default Re: A New Sound: Dragon Voices

Oh boy oh boy I can't wait to see more!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Sounds interesting. I'm unclear how these filenames can override dragon sounds? Those file names don't exist in the game.

Is there suppose to be a .def file included with the .zip that points to these filenames?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Sounds interesting. I'm unclear how these filenames can override dragon sounds? Those file names don't exist in the game.

Is there suppose to be a .def file included with the .zip that points to these filenames?
    Ooooh. Hang on. I need to rename the sound files in that .zip. They do exist, if you look through resources --> sound and on to characters, but I uploaded the wrong .zip file. I'll have that fixed up all quick-like, my apologies!

Vamalchior

Update!

Okay! Don't use the link I initially posted. There's nothing wrong from it besides the fact that, uh... it doesn't work. Those were my source files, not the actual files that would work in-game. On the flip side, I've categorized everything in a new ZIP for easier installation, all you have to do is open SlitheryDragon folder within the zip and pick which one you want. Adult and ancient recommended, it might sound weird on a juvie, but who am I to tell you which to use? :P

This one should definitely work. Let me know if you like it, and I can organize more options!

SlitheryDragon: http://www.filedropper.com/slitherydragon_1

Vamalchior

*cough* doesn't work *cough*

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

It does for me. Are you sure, you are using the new one?

Ahh I was talking about the link actually (http://www.filedropper.com/slitherydragon_1). It's just leading to Filedropper's 'register' page.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Elteria View Post
    Ahh I was talking about the link actually (http://www.filedropper.com/slitherydragon_1). It's just leading to Filedropper's 'register' page.
    img getting that too >>
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Since it's 30Mb, it might've exceeded limits. I still have a copy, tossed it on http://istariareference.com/mirror .

It depends which server board I think is which.

To anyone wondering, here's a 30-second clip of my hatchling Siria killing a golem using this mod:

Galewind especially sounds horrifying, and I'm a little scared to see how ancients are going to end up sounding... It's awesome, though, I must say

Cegaiel, which link do I click?

Ah, I switched hosting sites a couple months ago, I didn't have that file in my local copy, which is why it's missing now.

I found it in my temp folder, luckily I haven't deleted anything from there in years. It's uploaded now, http://istariareference.com/mirror/SlitheryDragon.zip

Otter here -- just wanted to mention I was the person who originally posted this, just on a different main account now. It seems I still have all the files, and more, if anyone is interested in seeing the other sound compilations I had been doing for the dragons.

Thread Information