Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Free to Play style

Default Re: New Free to Play style

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    I don't believe you. That forever-free option was there for YEARS, if you were actually interested in bringing new players and if your friends were actually interested in trying the game, they would have already been playing by now.

Stop lying to try and manipulate others into agreeing with you.

I am a guild officer in most of the games i play in. im a good player in my guilds guildhall. in eq2 army of oblideration. Every new member that joins the guild i point them to another game that my guildmaster wants to play and its istaria. Alot of players like istaria but they dont like just playing human they wanna play as elves or dwarves too. but now your getting rid of forever free for another trial version >> i cant reccamend them the game now they like the idea you guys are doing but they all agreed that you shoulda kept forever humans and replaced the 14 day trial with the level locks. this way if a guildie cant afford it they can still play the game and try out the races without worry of having to make another account for there toon. But what ever >> i want to see istaria succeed not kill over and die. For ************ sakes graveshroud honors me he gave me a dragon statue that rivals ancients size in istaria to show how much of an important guildmember i am to his massive guildhall.

When i get my computer fixed ill show you so im actully am being for real on recurting for istaria. Graveshroud loves the game he just cant stand not autorunning without pressing the two mouse keys xD
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    I am a guild officer in most of the games i play in. im a good player in my guilds guildhall. in eq2 army of oblideration. Every new member that joins the guild i point them to another game that my guildmaster wants to play and its istaria. Alot of players like istaria but they dont like just playing human they wanna play as elves or dwarves too. but now your getting rid of forever free for another trial version >> i cant reccamend them the game now they like the idea you guys are doing but they all agreed that you shoulda kept forever humans and replaced the 14 day trial with the level locks. this way if a guildie cant afford it they can still play the game and try out the races without worry of having to make another account for there toon. But what ever >> i want to see istaria succeed not kill over and die. For ************ sakes graveshroud honors me he gave me a dragon statue that rivals ancients size in istaria to show how much of an important guildmember i am to his massive guildhall.

When i get my computer fixed ill show you so im actully am being for real on recurting for istaria. Graveshroud loves the game he just cant stand not autorunning without pressing the two mouse keys xD
    Nothing is stopping you from recommending the game to them they can now play as ANY race.. even get a taste of dragons. however what they can't do is then continue to play forever on a free char.. (please all the free human players out there don't take offense) these players iwho if going off what your saying have absolutely zero intention of ever paying for a sub don't help istarias future in anyway shape or form.. (I am speaking to the fact that istaria is a business venture and without revenue there is no future) This is just basic economics.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I think it's time for more payment options and better discounts for long term payment. Why I cannot pay 6 or 12 months for basic access with a fair discount

Free Access - Lifetime (Free)
    I think it should be renamed to FreeTrial

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelM View Post
    I think it's time for more payment options and better discounts for long term payment. Why I cannot pay 6 or 12 months for basic access with a fair discount
    To be fair, if you were going to drop that much money on a 6/12 month description, a plot-holder gives a discount that would make it priced at nearly the pricepoint of a Basic account. I don't really see the need for a Basic version of those discounts (wouldn't argue with it though).

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelM View Post
    I think it should be renamed to FreeTrial
    I disagree. "Free Access" is more indicative of the fact that you can always access your account, for life. "Trial" makes it sound like you can try the game for a limited time, when that is no longer the case.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Nothing is stopping you from recommending the game to them they can now play as ANY race.. even get a taste of dragons. however what they can't do is then continue to play forever on a free char.. (please all the free human players out there don't take offense) these players iwho if going off what your saying have absolutely zero intention of ever paying for a sub don't help istarias future in anyway shape or form.. (I am speaking to the fact that istaria is a business venture and without revenue there is no future) This is just basic economics.
    Thing is they will say.. why should i pay monthly when eq2 is forever free level 1-100 anyrace? Which is true sadly eq2 has all races unlocked at the start for everyone. >> thus is why i said level 30 woulda been fair.. if you wanna attract players its better you do it to bring them in to show its a fun game. Yes i know eq2 has micro transactions etc etc.. to be fair if istaria had them im quite sure all the races woulda been free to everyone too and we woulda had a better income for the game. course eq2 has apperence stuff not pysical advantages to weapons but yes its true theres some aspects people wouldent like like exp potions and such but then again whats better having acess to every race and play to the max without paying a dime but willingly to pay your money you earned from work to help istaria out by buying some apperence items that do nothing but give apperence stuff to armors and weapons? 5$ for a little spear or 10$ for an entire set of ebon gold armor paint? no advantages just things to make your character to look sick.

I would have no problems with that. over time we may see ffree to play be better maybe free up to level 50? with two character slots? as time progresses is the dev team keeps the lovely apperence paint going or apperence for weapons. or effect apperence. and so on we may even see free to play as a better standard and the devs could have a great income that way theres no advantages. just to look like your a baddbutt ^^ as for dragons we may get custom pysical scale apperences or claw to show it. the possibilitys are endless i know istarias a micro transaction free game.

Only stating an idea they can use and use it to earn more money without ticking off the future gamers off. I care about the game tremendously and i wanna help anyway i can. thus us why i never stopped paying my 9$ sub xD even if im not playing.

Take my idea into account. if you want bissness do it in ways that wont limit gameplay. but for ideas for ways to make money but in another way to help both the player and the company without going too far on both sides.
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...

*Bump*

Already my friends are getting annoyed with the new set up. *shrugs*

Should stick with a 14-day trial, free uncapped human account, and sub models.

Nothing was wrong. By throwing a level 10 cap in place, no new player will even be able to experience past T1 crafting or prestige schools.

boooooooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn nnnnnnnng
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Should stick with a 14-day trial, free uncapped human account, and sub models.

Nothing was wrong. By throwing a level 10 cap in place, no new player will even be able to experience past T1 crafting or prestige schools.

boooooooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn nnnnnnnng
    lets not forget the ones that cant afford to pay the game cant play the game anymore and want to play with there friends now offically cant. See this is why they shoulda done forever free humans, dwarves, and Elves. but no they want money instead.. funny and i was told in a tocket not too long ago that money never leads to success :/

lets not forget the ones that cant afford to pay the game cant play the game anymore and want to play with there friends now offically cant. See this is why they shoulda done forever free humans, dwarves, and Elves. but no they want money instead.. funny and i was told in a tocket not too long ago that money never leads to success :/
    that is simply the way pay2play works, pay up or deal with a lesser system, it's a miracle that ista kept the old system as long as it did (which it evidently only did because they couldn't implement level limits earlier).
    also, I don't think you'll achieve anything by guilt tripping the developers or people who are in favour of this system.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    that is simply the way pay2play works, pay up or deal with a lesser system, it's a miracle that ista kept the old system as long as it did (which it evidently only did because they couldn't implement level limits earlier).
    also, I don't think you'll achieve anything by guilt tripping the developers or people who are in favour of this system.
    Doesn't necessarily make it right. I am more favor of system of level limits and a free account that allows one free race as long as does these things:

1. It's should attract new players and able to keep them there.
    2. It's should make sure these who plays be so interested to pay to help support the game and developers.
    3. It's should be respectful to ones less fortunate who cannot pay and at least offer one option, but allow them gifts if they refer to people about the game threw social media and other sources.
    4. It's should make sure people don't take advantage of the free account system.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; September 18th, 2015 at 02:00 PM.

For your information, having the level caps I can deal with but having someone with an attitude I don't want. ArchDemon, you looking at what others say and then you say your friends are getting annoyed...annoys me to. Mainly cause it's saying," I'm not getting my way." Just saying but you need to accept certain things.
    Those who hate, are filled with dishonor.
    But those who have peace in their heart will find a heavenly future.

Istaria has been the exception, not the rule in it's free to play system for a long while. Level and content caps have been the free play system in the vast majority of games for years and years. I'm honestly not surprised that Istaria is switching to a level cap.

I don't care that other games have switched to free races, or entirely free to play plus microtransactions because the difference between those games and Istaria is a big one: they have a large population and they have other ways to get paid for the upkeep and improvement of the game, they can afford to do that. Istaria doesn't have that. Istaria can't afford to be free to play the way things are. I really don't see how a level cap on a free account harms anyone really, existing free humans are not affected, if you don't like the t1 content then you're not going to like the rest so those who would stay and pay for a sub will still want to do that and those who don't won't, and those new players who would want to play forever as a human can still play forever- they just won't experience past t1 content. That last bit might be where a lot of the contention is at but honestly, a lot of games are run that way and they're doing fine.

Also: I do agree that a level 10 cap is a bit low, a level 20 cap would be what I'd consider ideal. And adding cosmetic items to purchase in Istaria has been something I have suggested and something that has been suggested before.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

It depends which server board I think is which.

Referring to your post about your friends alraedy getting annoyed, the world doesn't really revolve around what your friends feel....

To this post, if anything, this is less money grabbing than before. Yes, you could play through all of the game's biped content as a human. That is one heck of a change, but the devs did not remove that right from older players. Furthermore, the devs opened up every single race to players for free for eternity, as long as they don't go past X level. Previously, you could play humans forever, yes, but everything else you had 2 weeks before you were - metaphorically - hit by a screen that says "Uh oh! Pay up now if you want anything to do with this character again!"

Most people I asked to join Ista were turned away by not being able to play a dragon for more than two weeks without paying. Now that isn't there anymore - yes, there is a limit in how far you can go, but you keep your character for eternity. You can ALWAYS be a dragon now, if only a hatchling, and I'm sure that will pull people in who just want to be a dragon. They will see the game, test it out, play around, and have a lot of time to make their decision before they run out of quests. By the time they do run out of quests, they might think "Wow! I want to play more!" and be more apt to buy.

Previously, you could get to whatever level in 14 days, but you felt pressured and held back. You knew you'd lose that character after 2 weeks if you didn't pay up, so what was the point?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the devs are offering more opportunities and opening up new races in exchange for the free-forever-human. Considering I know a max of three people who have a free-forever-human without another paying account, this isn't a huge ridiculous change. People mostly used free humans to have a character they could chat to their friends with without paying for a sub when they couldn't afford it.

Also, how in the world does this prevent people who can't afford Ista from playing the game? They can play forever as any race now. They just can't surpass t1.

They don't want big profits. They want players and exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    Doesn't necessarily make it right. I am more favor of system of level limits and a free account that allows one free race as long as does these things:

1. It's should attract new players and able to keep them there.
    2. It's should make sure these who plays be so interested to pay to help support the game and developers.
    3. It's should be respectful to ones less fortunate who cannot pay and at least offer one option, but allow them gifts if they refer to people about the game threw social media and other sources.
    4. It's should make sure people don't take advantage of the free account system.
    With #3, I was thinking about the idea of referrals and special little gifts for that - something like loyalty tokens but maybe different. Now that I think of it more, technically Istaria sort of does have a referral system. The "Spread the Word" program gives you an extra plot slot for your account if you post some screenshots or write some blog posts.

Of course, a more in-depth referral system with in-game items would be nice, but currently we get what we get.

For all your points, though, the level limit + no free no-limit-race does accomplish them. You can't get to end-game content, but 99% of games that are out there today restrict that, too. No, I'm not saying Istaria should be like "every other game", but modeling your company off of successful businesses isn't a bad idea. (And money-hoarders who steal every dollar you get to make more and more money is not a successful business model. Example: P2W games)

All in all, yes, it's disappointing to lose the free-forever-humans. I would like to have free-forever humans and a level 20 cap. But we can't always get what we want, and this sort of cap is what the largest collection of people want. (I've heard of requests for it in on the Steam forum, and I remember contributing to a topic suggesting this kind of F2P) It's probably better for Istaria's future ,and I'm all for whatever makes Istaria better prepared for the future.

Devs appreciate all the feedback, but this thread has run it's course and no longer productive.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information