Thread: Disappearing Text and a LOT of Crashing

Default Disappearing Text and a LOT of Crashing

Been experiencing a weird problem the last couple of weeks. At random times while playing Istaria, all of the text will flash on and off and then disappear completely (chat windows, chat channel tabs, window titles and text content in those windows, even the text for all the options/settings when I hit the "jewel" in the lower-left corner). Text in the actual game window (my name, resource names, etc.) is still there. If I type in the Chat window, I can't see anything, although others in the channel DO see what I'm typing. The only way to get "back to normal" that I've found is to restart the game.

This happens once or twice an hour and it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, as it's happened while flying, while harvesting, while in combat and while just sitting around vegetating as a good Ancient is wont to do.

Possibly related, but, probably not...I seem to be crashing to desktop a ridiculous number of times each day, 2-3 times an hour, or, as happened yesterday, nearly every other time I went through a portal, I'd crash. Again, it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing (other than the portal crashes).

It's gotten to the point where I'm genuinely concerned about doing any sort of combat, particularly helping another player, as I'm worried that I'll either crash out or need to restart to get my text back.

I'm running Windows 10 Home (64-bit) now (was running 7), with an Intel Core i5 3470 running at 3.2Ghz; 16gb RAM; and a Radeon HD 7900 series graphics card with 3gb of RAM...all of this was fine (other than the crashes that all of us know and love) until the last couple of weeks. I've not changed any of the game settings since moving from 7 to 10; they're all pretty much set to maximum or highest quality (which all worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago).

Any suggestions, advice, etc., would greatly be appreciated!

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: Disappearing Text and a LOT of Crashing

I to have had this happening recently, along with increased crashing. I'm running Nvidia though so it seems it's not card specific and more a game code problem?

YES! I had this problem with my Windows 10 setup. It has gone away after being forced to revert to Windows 8. It's not a graphic card problem. I sent a ticket in for this and was told to remove all UI mods, but I had none installed at the time. There's a problem with Windows 10 and Istaria that makes every lick of text disappear and the game run awfully and crash more than normal.

I have run Windows 10 and played since 10 went live and have had no of these issues.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I didn't have these problems in my last stint, which was also while Windows 10 was out and installed on my laptop.
    I do however have these problems now but I have not changed anything in my laptop except updating to the newest service pack for Windows 10.
    Therefore its safe to say it must be a compatibility problem with certain Windows 10 setups. (running the game in compatibility mode windows 8,7 or XP makes no difference either)

Thread Information