Thread: Remember when..

Default Remember when..

Remember when RoP used to be fun? Like dodging SoG and gliding from high places just to reach the next point in your Rites to ascend?

Or when killing epic bosses used be awesome! Teaming up with friends and kicking some major butt?
    Seriously, what the hell happened? I'm not pointing fingers at anyone.. but.. everything seems so easy? Doing RoP is so boring now, there's no adventure and excitement to it anymore, there's no holding your breath and hoping a level 90+ mob doesn't 1 hit K.O you into space. I'm not trying to be a downer but honestly some things lack the fun spark it used to have.
    Or like, when epics used to spawn in cities, man.. those were the best moments ever! And everyone was so psyched to port there and get in on the action.
    I might be just remembering the 'good ol' days' and call me a stickler, but- I really, really miss the old days when everything was just "this" much harder. I feel like everything lost the spark to it, and it's just a game to drown out boredom on a Saturday.
    I'm not saying that everyone feels this way and I know a lot of you probably think, "Oh, well. Don't play anymore." It's really come down to the point to where the game is a social aspect of it. A way to connect with people and adventure on the side.

But I really miss the old days of Istaria, where's everything wasn't nerfed to the ground because it was "TO HARD" I mean, that's the point of an MMORPG right? To challenge ourselves with epic bosses and quests with the best rewards at the end. That drive that makes us wan't to achieve something great, something that we can pat each other on the back and say: Good job, you did it.

Anyway I won't ramble to much longer, suppose just feeling a bit of nostalgia.

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

Default Re: Remember when..

Ahh yes very nostalgic indeed. I remember when we had to climb the hella long way up the Nature tower to be able to glide down to Kaa. I remember when during my first RoP I did not know about the sand way to Draak so I took the long way in the Eastern Deadlands. And when Seliena was still in the WD... Or ARoP wise, when the King of Golems was more like a king on top of his hill, harder to kill.

But you see there were more people online back then, more people to be able to help us get through all these old hardships. And also it was done to give the Northern Deadlands some love I guess, they kinda deserved it... it was empty. Ehrm

But I agree still at some point. :/ Good old days. But what can we do? The game has to advance one day... It can't stay in an old state and never evolve to adapt to current times, right?
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

I remember when the shards were full of players.
    It was a shard race to see who would free the enslaved races first.
    Even getting a copper/tin node to yourself was rare.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Or stocking up connies with tier 1 craftables on the four starter Islands and logging on the next day with 20 more silver in your pocket.

Completely agree your points on RoP. Was soo much better before they made it "tier 3" for everything. The bosses could all stay at their current strength, but put them back where we remember them... ED Trench for Lem, WD Spiral for Kaa. WD for Selenia. Draak for Shadow Dragon and Enslavers. Esh at the Frozen lakes. Was perfect then.

Probably got complaints from some newbies thinking it was "too hard" who complained, got their way, and have likely all since left the game...

It depends which server board I think is which.

I'm very much attached to the old RoP.. glad I got to experience it before it was changed, but only the Lunus version twice over. Same for the ARoP where literally every step was a riddle. I basically had to walk myself through it with a guide online, but it was so fun trying to figure stuff out and having the quest be just that much harder as you try to figure out what to do. Really felt like a trial, rather than a quest.

The A/RoP changes are the ones that I never really feel I'll get over, or ever say were a good idea. I do see why they were done, and I can understand, but I do wish that they were the originals still..

On the thread's title, though -

Remember when one of the quests required for the ARoP was broken, so there was a billion lvl 100 adults with nothing to do for the longest time? Then the fix happened and suddenly everyone became ancient. I think most of my friends suddenly just became ancient overnight, it felt

I miss the days when I would log in, and see lots of people RPing in Dragon chat, and the Role-play channel. Now Order`s just like Chaos (no offense Chaos community is still awesome )
    But no one really RPs anymore late at night. all the really awesome role players quit a few still remain, but many once lively chat rooms are now stucken with silence.

on the game play note. I agree with Racktor. RoP has become far too easy. I started a lunus RoP with one of my hatchlings, finished it nearly solo. what I didn`t do solo, I was able to use just one of my ancients to kick the last bosses tail.... the RoP bosses are far too wussed down now. Sure it`s hard for a level 30 hatchling to get enough willing players to help, but maybe the devs should raise the minimum adv. level to at least 40, if not 50. then toughen the bosses up a bit more. then at least it would be a little more of a challenge again
    just a suggestion. I know it`s hard to get a character from 1 to 50 in just 14 days. but maybe it would give more incentive to try one month sub. who knows? maybe we`ll get more long term players out of it?

yeah I remember that. Nega, and Leeif were stuck for about a week. didn`t bother us any, but was cool attending about 5 multiple ancient ascentions in one day XD

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    just a suggestion. I know it`s hard to get a character from 1 to 50 in just 14 days. but maybe it would give more incentive to try one month sub. who knows? maybe we`ll get more long term players out of it?
    People need to buy a 1 month sub anyway due the 30 day old requirement ;P heck when you think about it they need to buy 2 because your character won't hit 30 in the first one, this is not counting trial account/free account now ofcourse ^^

When it comes to the RoP requirements, I do think it'd be better to replace the level requirements with requiring the completion of the following quests: Accurate Breath 4, Gold Rage 4, Hardened Scales 4, Primal Instant Heal 4, Dimensional Pocket 4, and maybe some of the level 40 crafting mastery quests. This will put their adventure and crafting levels in the 40s or so, which would help with hit points and skill levels, and it would "encourage" them to learn how to play their dragon before doing RoP.
    I just lost the game.

Yes was fun cornering the IBM market on Shadow.

:P

The Bowman years were harsh on the player base.
    rip

Fun how people tell, they used to glide to the mobs... when I did my RoP we couldn't glide at all. So we had to actually either run down the spiral in the deadland to reach Kaa (or Lem?) or as a hatchie enter the ED to face Lem (or Kaa?) who was walking down in the corridors there.

Oh and not to forget the Death Attack from the Shadow Dragon. Today everyone equips their T6 chest scale and solos him. And there was no shortcut to Draak from Lerena. We had to run through the Eastern Deadlands, pass the T6 treants and other mobs on our way and hope we won't get killed.

Nostalgia nostalgia...
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    Fun how people tell, they used to glide to the mobs... when I did my RoP we couldn't glide at all. So we had to actually either run down the spiral in the deadland to reach Kaa (or Lem?) or as a hatchie enter the ED to face Lem (or Kaa?) who was walking down in the corridors there.

Oh and not to forget the Death Attack from the Shadow Dragon. Today everyone equips their T6 chest scale and solos him. And there was no shortcut to Draak from Lerena. We had to run through the Eastern Deadlands, pass the T6 treants and other mobs on our way and hope we won't get killed.

Nostalgia nostalgia...
    oh man how I miss the ED runs, and the Shimmering Scale (if I'm not mistaken) for Shadow Dragon

Thread Information