Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War Paint (Stances Modification)

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: War Paint (Stances Modification)

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I modeled the def files after. I'm using the same ones I used last year for the underwing mod, which is around when I created them. I know I also skimmed through mods that use the sunscope to apply textures, too, but I really can't remember where I actually got it.

I looked through the files to try to find a definition for dragon markings/stripes, but I couldn't find any for comparison.

Either way, I tried making the paint have an alpha channel to them so they're only at 90% opacity so you can see the scales below them, but unfortunately it seems the game didn't read it. I decided it looked cool enough as is and so rolled with 100% opacity, but if I searched hard enough, I could probably find the way to add an alpha channel. The stripes do it, after all.

I'd gladly mess with the sha and def files for makings, though, if I knew where to find the originals in the client files. (I really did look - nothing in C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\resources\definitions\characters\dra gona_u, nothing in C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\resources\definitions\character_crea tion, etc. I wonder where they're hiding)

Would love to make some cool-looking runic patterns that glow

I'm stretching my admittedly shortened memory and something is telling me that it might not work with characters. Textures on them get handled a bit differently than structures. But it has been so long since I've worked with them that my recollection might be faulty. Transparent areas actually get rendered in some manner with shaders on characters. Play around with them, though. I might be mistaken.

Here's a list of every .sha shader file in game http://istariareference.com/sha.txt . I wouldn't be surprised if some non-character effects (ie weapon effects) could be applied. Bloodthorn Staff is one of my favorite effects (while equipped, not damage effects). The pattern on staff swirls.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I'm stretching my admittedly shortened memory and something is telling me that it might not work with characters. Textures on them get handled a bit differently than structures. But it has been so long since I've worked with them that my recollection might be faulty. Transparent areas actually get rendered in some manner with shaders on characters. Play around with them, though. I might be mistaken.
    I'll certainly mess with it once I get the chance and see what I can come up with It's worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Here's a list of every .sha shader file in game http://istariareference.com/sha.txt . I wouldn't be surprised if some non-character effects (ie weapon effects) could be applied. Bloodthorn Staff is one of my favorite effects (while equipped, not damage effects). The pattern on staff swirls.
    Oh geeze, that's a lot of shaders. Thanks Cega!

Don't think I've ever seen Bloodthorn's staff effect, myself. Maybe I'll go hunt down a biped and forcefully terrify them into- convince them to show me their staff

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I modeled the def files after. I'm using the same ones I used last year for the underwing mod, which is around when I created them. I know I also skimmed through mods that use the sunscope to apply textures, too, but I really can't remember where I actually got it.

I looked through the files to try to find a definition for dragon markings/stripes, but I couldn't find any for comparison.

Either way, I tried making the paint have an alpha channel to them so they're only at 90% opacity so you can see the scales below them, but unfortunately it seems the game didn't read it. I decided it looked cool enough as is and so rolled with 100% opacity, but if I searched hard enough, I could probably find the way to add an alpha channel. The stripes do it, after all.

I'd gladly mess with the sha and def files for makings, though, if I knew where to find the originals in the client files. (I really did look - nothing in C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\resources\definitions\characters\dra gona_u, nothing in C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\resources\definitions\character_crea tion, etc. I wonder where they're hiding)

Would love to make some cool-looking runic patterns that glow
    racky Give me links to the files so i can put these in the Override folder i want to see the warpaint!
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

What do you mean? The mod is linked in the first post at the bottom, nearby the instructions for installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Download Here: http://tinyurl.com/o68cszh

How to Download:
    1. Follow the link to the Google Drive folder.
    2. Double-click on the .zip version of the stance(s) you want.
    3. Click the little down arrow pointing at a line on the top black bar to download. (If you can't see this, move your cursor to the top of the webpage.)
    What you quoted, though, I never ended up getting around to. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    racky Give me links to the files so i can put these in the Override folder i want to see the warpaint!
    not even a please? How rude!
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Thread Information