Thread: Won't be online a lot anymore.

Default Won't be online a lot anymore.

Having a connection that can't stay stable for 5 minutes, yeah, sorry but I won't be able to be online much anymore. after trying everything in my power to get it to work I guess I'm done with playing for a short while only to be greeted by a time-out message before I can even greet an NPC or kill a mob.

Default Re: Won't be online a lot anymore.

meeps:-(
    no words for that.
    Keep in touch pls
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm still trying to get it more stable, so far it's been going okay again, seems my connection is just wonky till 2/3 o'clock.

I'm definately not leaving, especially not now that I finally got an adult on order, just updating that my online status will be about as wonky as my connection :P

that s**x. I hate when such things happen to me. Let's hope everything gets better soon to you.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Im sure you have but just in case... have you hard booted your router and/or modem.

!!Rwrr Smaug Rwrr!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Im sure you have but just in case... have you hard booted your router and/or modem.

!!Rwrr Smaug Rwrr!!
    yep, no luck sadly, but so far I'm guessing it's mostly due to the amount of devices on the network, so my schedule is basicly pushed back to the later hours. Ofcourse trying to bring this logic to the other inhabitants of the house has proven futile (they have instead...bought another router...yeah put more stress on the channels why dontcha).

Either way, I'll try to write down the hours when my connection is stable enough (15 minutes without a crash is good enough for me now), and see if I can make a schedule.

Are you sure it's not because you spam the F5 button all day? *giggles*
    No seriously I hope that gets better soonish.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

If it's a time of day issue, likely due to netflix usage of others on your ISP... About all you can do is work around it (time-wise), see if your provider has a faster package to upgrade to, or switch providers.

Ahh just saw your message about others in the house... if it's more than 10 computers, or if they are bit-torrenting or streaming something like netflix, you need a faster package from your isp. Or, get your own dedicated connection

I had this issue a couple years ago. It turned out that there was some failing equipment on the lines in my neighborhood. Call your isp and ask them to inspect the lines and equipment in your vicinity. Thats how i got it fixed. the only other things that could cause disconnects like you describe are a faulty router (which you seem to have ruled out), more than 10 computers on your local network as guaran said, or a slow connection that is being overtaxed by multiple streaming. I would most likely bet on faulty isp equipment, or you need a faster connection to handle all the data your home seems to be using. Good luck to you.

Bought a 2nd router? As in you now have two routers running? Or the 2nd router replaces the first one? Two routers doesn't seem logical (unless you're using the 2nd as a repeater to extend wi-fi range). If you need more ports, then an ethernet switch is the correct option.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information