Thread: "Dead" Mob Not Really Dead [Video]

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default "Dead" Mob Not Really Dead [Video]

The wrong microphone decided to record my voice, so it might be hard to hear me.

This happened to me not too long ago on the Gold Golems, too, but not with any other mob. The only thing I forgot to mention in the above video is that I queued my abilities to kill it. (Had SS, then hit TW right after. SS hit, but then it just... died and TW went on cooldown)

The FPS drop is not likely to be a bug btw, it was probably fraps fiddling with Istaria. It happens occasionally only with fraps.

Default Re: "Dead" Mob Not Really Dead [Video]

That happens when the withered aegis possess something. They can sometimes possess creatures right at the instant of their death.

(Fly out of range and back and he should be dead. Ahh you did that. if you wait too long, it will despawn)

I think it's a lag/packet loss issue. For me that type of bug is fairly rare.

I've had this happen many a times on Order, Sometimes the Mob will still be standing and when you hit or try to spell attack it says "Target is dead" But never gets Processed, as happen in Many places, I just skip them and move on to the next, sometimes they will keep attacking you even though they are Dead but the Server doesn't know that. Really dont like that bug much.
    Order: (AlaeNymVoarx) - 79/72/32/1 - Helian Drake. This Drake is found on the Order Shard

Thank you Elteria for making my Sig for me!

I have had this too, especially when fighting epic mobs, they won't die, or health will stop dropping, and you have to fly up and down and ask when mob is dead.

I get this plenty with pretty much every type of mob there is, running or flying out of range of the corpse and then back to it quickly before it despawns will always allow you to loot it. Sometimes just continuing a fight with mobs that actually are still alive while ignoring the dead "alive" one will give it enough time to realize "Oh hey I'm dead, I should probably be a corpse now." and it'll fall down dead for you to loot.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information