Thread: What to hunt besides nix beetles

Default What to hunt besides nix beetles

I recently installed istaria again just to play something else besides Wurm online.I multiclassed alot which seems to of been a mistake,but right now i have a rating of 46 and i can't seem to find anything else besides nix beetles that will give me good exp for being a level 26 warrior with flame attack.Any of you have any suggestions so i can hunt other mobs and what the mobs are weak against?

Default Re: What to hunt besides nix beetles

I suggest oak treants as tier 3 critters that don't like flame at all. Focus on nasties on Trandalar and around Mahagra for some variety in tier 3 mobs; you can experiment to see what is susceptible to your attacks. :-)

Try Gem Golems, they are easy to take down. Use Town Marshall quests and Trophy Hunter quests to gain further experience points.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

A trick I use to find mobs in my rating range is to search on http://istariareference.com/istariamap .

The icons/markers try to maintain a consistent value(s) for search purposes.

So, for all mobs in the level 40 range, you can type "Lvl 4" . Yes, this might show some level 4 mobs, but most will be level 4# 40 something.

Or "Lvl 5" for level 50 - 59 mobs.

Pay close attention, it's abbreviated, Lvl, not Level.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I'm much in the same boat,although I'm looking for things that aren't undead,due to the sheer amount of debuffs they can cast upon you,that drop the Journeyman dragon spells and techniques. I was having luck with the various deh'quk gatherers and warriors when I was lower level so if a higher level version of them exists for me to hunt?

There's ogres and pygmies for every tier Honeth if those are a mob type you enjoy hunting.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Honeth View Post
    I was having luck with the various deh'quk gatherers and warriors when I was lower level so if a higher level version of them exists for me to hunt?
    If you're looking for Ogres and Pygmies, there are higher-level variants that you can hunt. Deh'guk are in the level 40-50 range while Thel'kuk are around level 60-70.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

I second Cegaiels hint. The map is well worth it.

*cheers*

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Forms and techs also dropping from Greater Ice Blights (lvl 51-55) on Trandalar. Liked to hunt them a way back.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Western North America, near a fault and far from volcanoes.

Fighting level 46ish monsters is possible at level 27, with the right mix of schools and gear. It's a bit hard to give good advice without knowing what your other schools are.

I've been hunting a lot in the mid 40s and low 50s. For the low 40s. Nickel Golems were the easiest. Granite Golems are a bit higher, and they're also good. Treants tend to heal a lot, but they don't hit as hard and they're vulnerable to fire. Ogres and Pygmies on Trandalar west of Brandon's Shelf are ok, but tend to call friends.

If you have healing spells teched with Cleanse II, the various wolves and swine are almost as easy to hunt as Ogres/Pygmies. I even teched a Raise Health with Cleanse to give me an extra spell for clearing the bleeds those two monster types like to give. Do you have Root/Ice Shackles/Numbing Mist, so that you can tackle paired monsters? If you get some antidotes, spiders are fairly squishy and will give good xp, but they also sometimes come linked.

Besides finding 'easier' monsters, consider getting gear focused for a particular monster type, and/or dropping a school you're no longer going to play (for example, if you levelled up a school like Scout in order to take Ranger, and will no longer play Scout). The guy on one of the Dalimond Bay islands near the lighthouse will give you a quest to drop schools (and lower your AR).

I have done both; as a fighter, armor and jewelry specialized with Crush, Pierce, or Slash resistance can make survival easier against monsters that use only that damage type. In the 40s, golems are either Slash or Crush depending on golem type, so gear makes them even easier. If one of your schools is a Disciple and you've put TP into Evasion, Ward teched gear can make you nigh invulnerable. But with a lot of schools and a high AR relative to my school levels, I've had to make choices and focus carefully. I've dropped 8 schools on Tamlis, with 5 main schools now in the low 30s and an AR of 52. Some of those I'd taken to get a prestige school, others I'd reset in order to level them just enough to get mastery of a useful ability. (For example, I dropped Monk, and then re-leveled it just enough to get Foresight.)

--
    Daulany
    Tamlis, multischooled Saris of Order
    --
    Daulnay
    Tamlis Askereth, Saris, Order
    Thorncloud Moonskimmer, Dragon, Order

Where do you go to remove classes/levels? Can anyone explain how that works exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by deadite View Post
    Where do you go to remove classes/levels? Can anyone explain how that works exactly?
    Speak to Ethien The Tempered. He stands on some rocks, beside (north) of the Lighthouse in Dalimond. He'll ask you which school you want to remove (through a series of question). Then he will send you to Kesset the Grey, who stands in the Dalimond Library (Dalimond Archives). She will ask again are you sure. She will make you wait two minutes to make absolutely you want to do it. Then when you speak to her, after the 2m wait, your school will be deleted.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thank you!

Thread Information