Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offline World Object Editing

Default Re: Offline World Object Editing

Yes running as admin worked! Thanks for the help!

Ah glad it worked. Happy creating!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

Question. What happens if you crash? Or you need to work on something over multiple days? What then? Is there a way to save it? Printing local objects just throws them into a debug log.

It seems you lose everything on log out.

Any item youll find in sector files will work but the important part is the name of .agf and vector pos/rot/scale. An example:

ENTITY_INSTANCE plant_collide
    {
    int id = 408573
    int ownerID = 4492
    int version = 18

string name = "Dalimond Tree"

vector pos = 42399.354, 15254.381, 35.019
    vector rot = 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
    vector scale = 1.700, 1.700, 2.000
    vector localrotation = 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

int primitiveID = 53337

int loadCategory = 2
    vector localrotation = 0.0000, 0.0000, 0.0000
    float loddistance2 = 100.00
    string model = "com_tree_cedar_canopy_large.agf"
    string model2 = "com_tree_cedar_canopy_large_lod.agf"
    int plotID = 6619136
    int plotID = 6619136
    }

You would put that in sector_default file under the SECTOR_INFO and } part. Make sure to extend your compass to see coords to put the object in the game. once you have edited sector_default in world_cache folder,you can do /purgesectors and the object will appear where you put the coords. you can then use mouse to move the object where you want it. type /printpos when its selected and it will give you world coords that you can edit in your sector_default file. Hope that helps.
    When in offline mode and with developer pref on,youll be able to click on some things you cant normally like trees and rocks,use that and /mp (modelpeek) to find your favourite objects!
    One annoying thing about objects dragged with mouse: be sure to be above the object when you drag it. If youre below it it will likely not move or move very far away.
    Last edited by Tilithia; January 29th, 2016 at 12:29 AM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Just a heads up, devs are working on a new feature so when you do /printLocalObjects it will also add objects to sector_default.def to "save" your work for a future session. Stay tuned for a future release...
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

It depends which server board I think is which.

Thanks Ceg and Sal, I appreciate the kind responses.

That's a lot of work though, Salwirk. I'm impressed you managed to create the entire dragon park by copy-pasting like that. I seriously lack the time (and a lot of the patience) for that.

Something I've noticed over time while I was checking certain models/textures, it seems that going in/outside of certain buildings (tazoon library is an example) is almost a guaranteed crash for offline mode. Another building type I've noticed this with is the tutorial buildings (ex. "tutorial_dragon_cleric_room"), I will keep my eyes peeled for any other buildings that might cause similiar issues just to people know when to be carefull, but in general, just take care exploring (so far only the older) buildings while in offline mode.

I noticed in offline mode you crash -everytime- you fall off something,be it a cliff or a tiny doorstep. so if tazoon buildinds are higher than ground and you walk out,youll crash. But also in offline mode you can shrink yourself much more than just 0.2. limit is 0.05 so I shrink my draggy to that to avoid crashing.

I think you can crash everywhere,where dragon would start to fly on fall.

I did everything right and I tried holding shift and F1 but when I try to move the objects, nothing happens. Did I do something wrong?

Assuming you didn't accidentally insert the commands in the wrong place and the brackets are messed up, sounds like you forget to set this to true in clientPrefs_Launch.def:

bool editingEnabled = true
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Hello! i tried this editing today and i see in menus "NPC Edit"
    I tried it but when i load something or i wnat to create with it it crashes to desktop. What can i do to make it work?

Uh also when i am in offline mode my draggy is walking even if it is supposed to stand. I mean he is walking but not going anywhere. Sorry i am not so good in english so i don't know what word mark this activity. He is just walking when i stop him and not pressing any key. How to fix this? Thank you for helping.

So I just found this out today when trying to fix a crash that prevented me from even logging to the game. Is there a way to see a list of any and all the commands able to be used?

Thread Information