Thread: New Character!

Talking New Character!

Oh boy lets see...I last played in what, 2012?13? I got my draggy to ancient and then circumstances took me away but Ill be coming back soon! I thought it would be foolish to jump back in as an ancient so its time for a new start!

Now this is where you lovely people come in! Ill need a design, a visually appealing one or else ill unfortunately lose interest (its happened waaaay too many times) so for all of you who like making dragons this is for you! Heres as much info as i can give...this character will be female, i would like to use the curly horn head, and she should be semi colorful! I would do this myself but...im unable to play yet.

also she'll be needing a group/family! so any offers will be appreciated <3

Default Re: New Character!

First of all, Welcome back!

Secondly, I would love to throw some designs your way, I might still have some "test" design images lying around somewhere, but I'll make some new ones for you on the spot. ^^
    ___
    Edit:
    Here are 5 I very quickly threw together, sorry for the use of the same chestscale type over and over, it's the only one that seemingly blended all the way with the head.

http://sta.sh/05yy9kd0eug

^.=.^
    Last edited by meepsa; October 19th, 2015 at 02:27 AM.

Ohhey, I remember you! We met a couple times some years ago, welcome back!

Welcome back

*hugs*

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

hehe thanks all <3 great to be kinda sorta back!! ive missed the community above all else c: and to Meepsa i really appreciate you getting right on top of this! im actually pretty surprised x3 and i might be a total dumby right now but...i can only see one of the five dragon designs you mentioned x3 its most likely my fault but i gotta say, i do like the one i can see quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango Bloodfire View Post
    hehe thanks all <3 great to be kinda sorta back!! ive missed the community above all else c: and to Meepsa i really appreciate you getting right on top of this! im actually pretty surprised x3 and i might be a total dumby right now but...i can only see one of the five dragon designs you mentioned x3 its most likely my fault but i gotta say, i do like the one i can see quite a bit
    ah yep, sorry, wrong link >.< http://sta.sh/218usy9zc4bz here ya go

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    ah yep, sorry, wrong link >.< http://sta.sh/218usy9zc4bz here ya go

Ahhh alright there we go! I would use all of them but if I had to pick I think I would choose either the fourth or fifth one. Four is certainly feminine with all the pink and such (i was often mistaken for male last time i played so A+ for girl power!) and the fifth seems simple but pretty with the gold and yellow sorta blending. Way different than my usual style but a veeeery welcome change <3

Oh heyas! Been a long while since I've seen that name X3

As for a design idea, let me submit that you can never go wrong with green and gold:

With that head type I like that decal since it does continue on the frills where the others don't and again, the same chest scale type because it matches the bit under the chin on that head.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Hey Mach, long time no see glad to see you're still around <3 As for green and gold, i quite like it! But then gold looks good with many scale colors, hence Fandangos purpleyness. Spot on with the decal, that head was always nice looking to me because it has so much going on with it, it deserves some fancifying with decal.
    One things for sure though...im gonna have a veeery fashionable hatchie! Originally my idea was light grey, green spots, and light blue chest maybe but if memory serves...on lighter colors such as white and grey the decals go kinda neon and a tad bit irritating.

One things for sure though...im gonna have a veeery fashionable hatchie! Originally my idea was light grey, green spots, and light blue chest maybe but if memory serves...on lighter colors such as white and grey the decals go kinda neon and a tad bit irritating.
    Ack, your original idea might actually not be that hard! Decals do spaz out with their colours if you go for the full ones (the latter half) however the semi-transparents don't seem to mind greys and whites)

I might've chosen a bit too light of a grey, but body texture 4, 7 and 12 are all variants of eachother in lighter/darker shades (4 being the darkest), and colours 2 and 14 are both shades of grey/black, so taking one of those and working up the body texture list should give you some nice results! ^^

Also, it turns out there is another chest scale type that also goes all the way to the head, sadly it's not all that different though and you can't really get either to turn into a truly light blue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You guys have offered better suggestions, but not too bad! My own idea is now on the very bottom x3 Ah well! Good thing that's what this thread is for ^-^ Ya know what i wish was a thing? White decal...apparentlly some people glitched and have it, but it should be an actual option for the non-glitchy x.x

You guys have offered better suggestions, but not too bad! My own idea is now on the very bottom x3 Ah well! Good thing that's what this thread is for ^-^ Ya know what i wish was a thing? White decal...apparentlly some people glitched and have it, but it should be an actual option for the non-glitchy x.x
    Oh yes definately, I've been dying for pure-white and pure-black decals....which reminds me, I should get my butt to designing some more decal patterns. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    Oh yes definately, I've been dying for pure-white and pure-black decals....which reminds me, I should get my butt to designing some more decal patterns. >.<
    HEAR THAT DEVS? WE WANT ITTTTTT X3 But sounds fun o3o at some point ill have to try making mods and such for Istaria...it seems fun and it never hurts to add another skill in life, might be useful!

Black decals sounds awaome!!!
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    Black decals sounds awaome!!!
    *cough* Link *cough*

Thread Information