Thread: Active guilds

Default Active guilds

Would it be possible for the game,when clicked on the guilds tab to bring up a list of the current active guilds in Istaria,and whether they are recruiting,as currently finding out this information is kind of a pain? The guilds forum here is rather outdated with such information,given the date of most of the posts.

Default Re: Active guilds

The player list search options let's you see all online players. There's a column for the guild aswell if that helps you.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

That not really helpful,if I don't know specifically who and what I am searching for. I'm thinking along the lines of a new player to Istaria that wants to see the active guilds,and ask to find the best one that suits them,and their playstyle. Shouldn't such information be available? As least a list of current active guilds in the Guilds forum here,and who to contact about asking for more information would be helpful,as most of the posts in there are at least one year old,so in some cases the guilds mentioned don't exist anymore. Maybe a general guild recruitment chat would be helpful in this regard?

Yeah I know what you mean but there is none at all. Your best bet really is asking the guys ingame having a guild tag.

However, I can name you the Order guilds being active from my own knowledge:
    • Universal Soldiers
    • Scions
    • Istara's Chosen
    • Benevolence
    • Aurora Alliance

There are some more but I'm afraid I can't remember their names by now :/ These should the most 'populated' guilds.
    Last edited by Elteria; October 21st, 2015 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo!

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

There's probably tons of guilds and many might not really be active. Many players just create a guild to see what it does. It'd be hard to show a list of "active" guilds. How would that be defined? At least one player who's logged on within last x amount of days? What if that one player was in a guild with no one who logs on anymore, except him/her. Perhaps show a minimum amount of members? The only thing about that is I know most guilds will have all of their alts (other characters). I've seen guilds with 100+ members in the guild, but only 5-10 actually played. So that might not work out so well.

Most active guilds will have a channel created so that people can join, hang out and get to know each other. I usually wouldn't go out hunting for a guild, per say, since you don't know if the players are a younger crowd or older crowd or do things you might be more interested in. Most good guilds won't even consider inviting you until they get to know you, too. But some will give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

I'd try hunting for channels with guilds, by clicking on the Browse Player Chat channels (Thats the one with a chat bubble with an exclamation mark inside). You could always ask and hang out in Market Channel. Despite the name being Market, most use this channel as a "World" chat channel. I rarely hear market business conducted, but just general chat. You could always ask there, too.

As far as the tip about using Player Search to find members online in a guild. To see everyone who is currently online, just hit the Search button without entering or checking off anything; leave everything blank.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information