Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Undo "fixes"

Default Re: Undo "fixes"

I agree bipeds need a revamp. I was thinking along the same lines but not just for adventure but craft as well.

I think craft has been updated really nicely,i cant hear complaints. storage and pets were the best updates.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Storm disciple has quests to level 100.

All the other trainers say "Come back when you have more experience" but they never have any quests. It's clear the intent was to add more quests at some later date.

The base schools have quests up to level 10. That's how you get the little "edge" passive buffs.

Monk has quests up to 30 I think, or it used to. I know one quest that gave Spirit of the Monkey got removed. At some point you can do medallion of the disciplines quest (forgot at what level).

But aside from these, there's not much in the way of quests. Some sort of storyline quest would be awesome. If there could be ones similar to what Storm Disciple has, every 10 levels a quest or 2 that's telling a story. Wouldn't even have to give an ability (but no reason it couldn't). Something that immerses the player in a story about the school, sends them around Istaria, sometimes to places they might never think or need to go to otherwise, to me that is fun. Burning Archer sends you to a wizard(iirc) that's near the south exit of the bridge from Isle of Fire. In the middle of nowhere. No quick portal, you gotta do some running from either Morning Light/Meadowhill or from Isles of Fire and Ice landing pad. Either way, its a fun 5 minute jog, and you get to see some landscape, maybe fight a mob or two along the way. Things like that make the world feel more real and immersive (it's why I've always been against the free attunements to anywhere on Trandalar, and against putting portals at the towers of magic).

Quests like these have probably been put off because it would be a ton of lore and quest text to write. But it would enrich the game. We've had good tier revamps with a lot of added quests. Those are good for the benefit of everyone. But something to make the classes interesting, and less grind when leveling them, I think everyone would appreciate. So instead of giving abilities for these quests, just make them decently involved quests, but give a good amount of exp as the reward. Then players would have double incentive to do them. Maybe give one new ability at the end of the questline at lvl 100.

The above will be a lot of work, no one expects it overnight. But if that is worked on, players would appreciate it for sure.

I agree with that completely exploring new places and fighting along way that's way to go. I loved burning archer story and going places and collecting clues. perhaps if inspired players wrote stories then quests could be built based on them. theres already one in parsinias deadlands .
    im not a writer....

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Storm disciple has quests to level 100.

All the other trainers say "Come back when you have more experience" but they never have any quests. It's clear the intent was to add more quests at some later date.

The base schools have quests up to level 10. That's how you get the little "edge" passive buffs.

Monk has quests up to 30 I think, or it used to. I know one quest that gave Spirit of the Monkey got removed. At some point you can do medallion of the disciplines quest (forgot at what level).

But aside from these, there's not much in the way of quests. Some sort of storyline quest would be awesome. If there could be ones similar to what Storm Disciple has, every 10 levels a quest or 2 that's telling a story. Wouldn't even have to give an ability (but no reason it couldn't). Something that immerses the player in a story about the school, sends them around Istaria, sometimes to places they might never think or need to go to otherwise, to me that is fun. Burning Archer sends you to a wizard(iirc) that's near the south exit of the bridge from Isle of Fire. In the middle of nowhere. No quick portal, you gotta do some running from either Morning Light/Meadowhill or from Isles of Fire and Ice landing pad. Either way, its a fun 5 minute jog, and you get to see some landscape, maybe fight a mob or two along the way. Things like that make the world feel more real and immersive (it's why I've always been against the free attunements to anywhere on Trandalar, and against putting portals at the towers of magic).

Quests like these have probably been put off because it would be a ton of lore and quest text to write. But it would enrich the game. We've had good tier revamps with a lot of added quests. Those are good for the benefit of everyone. But something to make the classes interesting, and less grind when leveling them, I think everyone would appreciate. So instead of giving abilities for these quests, just make them decently involved quests, but give a good amount of exp as the reward. Then players would have double incentive to do them. Maybe give one new ability at the end of the questline at lvl 100.

The above will be a lot of work, no one expects it overnight. But if that is worked on, players would appreciate it for sure.
    I actually really agree with this, I'm always one for more fluff, and the more lore the better! I would love to see how being able to manipulate spirit energy effects spiritists and reavers for example, or how shamans handle their blight spells/abilities, heck perhaps some lore concerning the gods associated with the element(s) used in the schools.

Heck, I've been planning on actually writing some "epic" craft quests which would be mostly lore focused (based on already established lore ofcourse), I had one nearly written down for confectioner, but I could see this working for multiple craft schools, as well as adventure schools (like the burning archer questline).

However personal insecurities about my writing and losing contact with one of the few people that I discuss istaria lore with has led me to hit a concrete block on this (and the fact that I shy away from asking the devs for any potential further info).

The general idea was that at level 90 to 100-ish you would get access to these "epic" questlines, which would contain lore about either a certain area, creature or even the istarian deities, and at the end of a relatively lenghty quest (think: most of the kion quests that aren't school-restricted combined) you'd get a nice reward, like a formula for a unique looking sword (my partner is a 3D artist who wouldn't mind making small models for the game), or perhaps a food formula for what would essentially be a slightly nerfed Ambrosia (which was what I had in mind for the confectioner questline). The main reason I wouldn't make the rewards too big is that, while it should entice people to multi-class crafts, I don't feel that it should force people to multi-class crafts either just to get to the ultimate min-maxing result.

I might actually continue working on some of those, but I guess getting the community's overall reaction to a stunt like this should matter too.

I think you should go ahead and share with devs....don't let your shyness stop you. (and other players from seeing). or why not post here in maybe "fun stuff" category? id love to see what you got.

(completely off topic: Why do I feel much better now? ahh you know that^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    (completely off topic: Why do I feel much better now? ahh you know that^^)
    Don't know but im thankful for whatever made you happier

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    The general idea was that at level 90 to 100-ish you would get access to these "epic" questlines, which would contain lore about either a certain area, creature or even the istarian deities, and at the end of a relatively lenghty quest (think: most of the kion quests that aren't school-restricted combined) you'd get a nice reward, like a formula for a unique looking sword (my partner is a 3D artist who wouldn't mind making small models for the game), or perhaps a food formula for what would essentially be a slightly nerfed Ambrosia (which was what I had in mind for the confectioner questline). The main reason I wouldn't make the rewards too big is that, while it should entice people to multi-class crafts, I don't feel that it should force people to multi-class crafts either just to get to the ultimate min-maxing result...
    The level 90-100 quests could be epic-ish. Or maybe at least one school per family would have an epic final quest (so as not to overdo it or overwhelm someone who is trying to come up with epic quest ideas). So say 1 mystic class, 1 arcane class, 1 bow class, 1 melee class. As a start anyway.

You might as well write what ideas you have up. They may not get used, or they might be altered. But it can't hurt to try. And you might have fun just writing them regardless.

As far as the formulas for rewards, that might be ok (tho there's no need to bring amb back. the new food is better.) But the real point I think, is to make leveling less grindy. So getting a million exp when level 45 for doing a class quest, and seeing 2 levels ding at once... to me that would be reward enough. A new or returned player having that happen, would certainly have a smile on his face

Big exp for class quests, to me is a better way of giving players a break from the grind, vs the 1 month doubling they've done the last few years.... (imho). The doubling means you feel like you have to go grind grind grind while the grinding is good.. and it ends up being, just too much grind. Then you get burnt out. As a 1 time thing for the 10 year anniversary it was nice. But I wouldn't do it again. Instead find other ways of hiding the grind. Quests is the best way I can think of to do that.

kinda off-topic I guess, but WoW is not grindy in the slightest, it takes less than a month to get to max level (counting warlords of draenor), it has devolved it's leveling experience so much that it's:
    Dungeon finder->Dungeon finder->Dungeon finder.
    and while that in itself is kinda of a grind, it's not NEARLY as grindy as istaria, where it can take several years to reach max rating.

Not to mention, with WoW, if you have a max level character already and you have heirlooms and xp boosting potions where you can get yourself to a rate of 5 times the normal experience yield if I'm not mistaken, then a new char is even easier to get to max lvl.

I mean yes, if you want to experience the game through quests and not through the actual (current) leveling system, then yes, it can get really grindy, but you're not doing it the "correct" way then either.
    Heck, a few days ago I saw someone upload a video on how to get from 91 to 100 in 90 minutes or so. (I'm not sure whether they used 'looms or stuff, but he has a track record of knowing his stuff)

The only aspect that makes WoW grindy, is the drop rates, which tbh, is the only reason there is any kind of economy.
    The reason why things go for thousands of gold on WoW is because:
    -getting gold is not that hard.
    -mount drops of 2%
    -things are trading card exclusive, which are not only another way of bliz getting tons of money (I've bought WoW TCG booster packs in the past, trust me, it takes a while to get a "loot card"), but also (sometimes) timed exclusives.

If we would see this in istaria we would see prices skyrocket for items LIKE that, not mundane stuff like trophies that you can easily grind up. the only way trophy prices might increase is if the drop rate would be lowered.

either way, what I'm trying to get at, is when you try to bring things over as facts....atleast know the facts.

Yeah and what about Everquest 1 and 2? im suree you havent done its crafting and attempoted to look for mats.. Ill be honest here.. Istarias alot better with the crafting infact i love it...

As for wow.. Its the bots.. Players BOT all the time ive seen it done in eq2.. And i have pictures and screenies.. Botting is the reason the prices are insane..

Istaria is not that grindy if you want 1 class and be happy with it, But if your a completionlest this game is there home there lost love XD games not grindy Istaria is more of a say.. Relic to old vets.. like back in Old eq1 2 and wow.. They want to go back to these days.. So the devs are all to happy to accept them
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

The level 90-100 quests could be epic-ish. Or maybe at least one school per family would have an epic final quest (so as not to overdo it or overwhelm someone who is trying to come up with epic quest ideas). So say 1 mystic class, 1 arcane class, 1 bow class, 1 melee class. As a start anyway.

You might as well write what ideas you have up. They may not get used, or they might be altered. But it can't hurt to try. And you might have fun just writing them regardless.

As far as the formulas for rewards, that might be ok (tho there's no need to bring amb back. the new food is better.) But the real point I think, is to make leveling less grindy. So getting a million exp when level 45 for doing a class quest, and seeing 2 levels ding at once... to me that would be reward enough. A new or returned player having that happen, would certainly have a smile on his face

Big exp for class quests, to me is a better way of giving players a break from the grind, vs the 1 month doubling they've done the last few years.... (imho). The doubling means you feel like you have to go grind grind grind while the grinding is good.. and it ends up being, just too much grind. Then you get burnt out. As a 1 time thing for the 10 year anniversary it was nice. But I wouldn't do it again. Instead find other ways of hiding the grind. Quests is the best way I can think of to do that.
    I never said bring Ambrosia back, I said a 'nerfed Ambrosia', and with that I don't even mean a direct carbon copy of Ambrosia with a longer timer and/or lower DP reduction, what I was trying to get at was a food item similair to ambrosia, needing things that are not neccesarily easy to get, but not too hard either, and with relatively high DP reduction.

If anything I'd want it to be more of a fun thing rather than an actual functional thing.

just as an example, an early idea I had was that there would be a dryad in Delgerath that was interested in the lore/story/culture of the mylocs before they turned completely evil (back when the dryads/satyr taught them how to use magic). Particulary he/she would be interested in their food, which would basicly lead you on a scavenger hunt for several ingredients, and even some stuff that only drops from mylocs (not sure whether I want to go with new stuff or already existing stuff, existing would be less taxing to put in, but adding new stuff would be a lot of fun), you wouldn't have to get these as drops yourself (they wouldn't be quest specific drops), you could just have a friend hunt for them, or buy them from someone who prefers adventure over craft. You would even craft some minor, perhaps even "fake" recipes as tries at recreating their food. eventually you would get this "neo-ambrosia".

This way it could provide more lore for the myloc race before they were what we know them now as. and add a fun, lenghty quest for confectioner.

as for the XP, I was actually thinking that these quests could be something like the "final frontier" in the school, meaning yes, it would be lenghty, but it would guide you through those last few levels too.

Once I have basic ideas written down for all of these, and if they are picked up, heck, I wouldn't mind working on quests for the lower level regions too (one every tier perhaps?).
    ___
    Either way, once I have a few basic ideas written down for several classes, I'll make a specific topic for them on the forums, I'm currently writing everything down on a google doc spreadsheet, so they're easy to access and make edits to when necessary.

(psst, and if someone could tell me what the defining factor, what makes them unique, of each of these classes are, I will be eternally grateful!
    -Outfitter
    -Tailor
    -Armorer
    -Fletcher)

I never said bring Ambrosia back, I said a 'nerfed Ambrosia', and with that I don't even mean a direct carbon copy of Ambrosia with a longer timer and/or lower DP reduction, what I was trying to get at was a food item similair to ambrosia, needing things that are not neccesarily easy to get, but not too hard either, and with relatively high DP reduction.

If anything I'd want it to be more of a fun thing rather than an actual functional thing.

just as an example, an early idea I had was that there would be a dryad in Delgerath that was interested in the lore/story/culture of the mylocs before they turned completely evil (back when the dryads/satyr taught them how to use magic). Particulary he/she would be interested in their food, which would basicly lead you on a scavenger hunt for several ingredients, and even some stuff that only drops from mylocs (not sure whether I want to go with new stuff or already existing stuff, existing would be less taxing to put in, but adding new stuff would be a lot of fun), you wouldn't have to get these as drops yourself (they wouldn't be quest specific drops), you could just have a friend hunt for them, or buy them from someone who prefers adventure over craft. You would even craft some minor, perhaps even "fake" recipes as tries at recreating their food. eventually you would get this "neo-ambrosia".

This way it could provide more lore for the myloc race before they were what we know them now as. and add a fun, lenghty quest for confectioner.

as for the XP, I was actually thinking that these quests could be something like the "final frontier" in the school, meaning yes, it would be lenghty, but it would guide you through those last few levels too.

Once I have basic ideas written down for all of these, and if they are picked up, heck, I wouldn't mind working on quests for the lower level regions too (one every tier perhaps?).
    ___
    Either way, once I have a few basic ideas written down for several classes, I'll make a specific topic for them on the forums, I'm currently writing everything down on a google doc spreadsheet, so they're easy to access and make edits to when necessary.

(psst, and if someone could tell me what the defining factor, what makes them unique, of each of these classes are, I will be eternally grateful!
    -Outfitter
    -Tailor
    -Armorer
    -Fletcher)
    I like where this is going. Don't stop!

Well the amb form was taken out on purpose, because they didn't want everyone ignoring all the new foods put in for the massive confectioner revamp.

And then AMB got nerfed. Deathpoints used to be 8 hours max, and amb removed 1 dp (or 8 hours) and you could eat another after 5 or 10 minutes. The change was leave amb in, but it only removes 8 hours, Dp's scale up to 28 hours, and it has what an 8 hour cooldown? Might be longer. The new food really is much much better. Can reuse it in 5 to 15 minutes (sooner if you eat a different type), and 2 t6 foods removes as much as 1 amb7, and amb is once a day basically. Also, there is already some AMB-like foods added after all the cnf changes, the millies pie thing, and the fish-fry, both were quest rewards (eat all 5 then they are gone). A Quest reward for the food itself would fit in the same as those, and would probably be allowed. But it's just more of the same.. But I wouldn't want them to bring any amb-like food back that's craftable, and really there's no point. But something seasonal, or carnival like, fits in with events. Think up a neat effect the food leaves on you. Something like that would be really fun. Maybe a small snow-storm follows you around or something. Since you were thinking about Mylocs, maybe a spirit looking cloud follows you around and occasionally zaps you with lightning (fun stuff is good stuff)

The quest idea sounds fun though. But cnf has a lot more quests than any other crafting class. If you can adapt it to another school that might be better. And it could give say a tainted sandwich as part of the quest rewards, gives you the zappy cloud for awhile. And CNF's who have done that quest, are then eligible for their own side-quest to get the formula for that food. (No need for it to remove dp time though. Think fun stuff).

Well the amb form was taken out on purpose, because they didn't want everyone ignoring all the new foods put in for the massive confectioner revamp.

And then AMB got nerfed. Deathpoints used to be 8 hours max, and amb removed 1 dp (or 8 hours) and you could eat another after 5 or 10 minutes. The change was leave amb in, but it only removes 8 hours, Dp's scale up to 28 hours, and it has what an 8 hour cooldown? Might be longer. The new food really is much much better. Can reuse it in 5 to 15 minutes (sooner if you eat a different type), and 2 t6 foods removes as much as 1 amb7, and amb is once a day basically. Also, there is already some AMB-like foods added after all the cnf changes, the millies pie thing, and the fish-fry, both were quest rewards (eat all 5 then they are gone). A Quest reward for the food itself would fit in the same as those, and would probably be allowed. But it's just more of the same.. But I wouldn't want them to bring any amb-like food back that's craftable, and really there's no point. But something seasonal, or carnival like, fits in with events. Think up a neat effect the food leaves on you. Something like that would be really fun. Maybe a small snow-storm follows you around or something. Since you were thinking about Mylocs, maybe a spirit looking cloud follows you around and occasionally zaps you with lightning (fun stuff is good stuff)

The quest idea sounds fun though. But cnf has a lot more quests than any other crafting class. If you can adapt it to another school that might be better. And it could give say a tainted sandwich as part of the quest rewards, gives you the zappy cloud for awhile. And CNF's who have done that quest, are then eligible for their own side-quest to get the formula for that food. (No need for it to remove dp time though. Think fun stuff).
    Ah true, I had actually completely forgotten about effect foods! if I'm not mistaken players are also capable of messing with the particle editor in-game...though the stories I've heard about it are not nice...not nice at all, but atleast that's another thing I could nearly do 100% by myself aside from actually adding it to the game.

And yeah, I am working on all other schools too, as in a previous post I'm having some problems figuring out what makes certain schools unique (I want to stray away from making "craft [X] amount of [Y] and walk a bit" quests, they're...well to be blunt, boring), specificilly: Outfitter, Tailor, Armorer and Fletcher. But I do have them all written down in a spreadsheet allong with possible rewards (I actually might have an idea for a whole set of Jeweler quests), so far I have 6 potential ideas: Jeweler, Alchemist, Confectioner, Tinkerer, Miner and Gatherer, the last 2 are not entirely set in stone, but with the feedback I've gotten here I definately have more of an idea of what I should go ahead and try for. I also have an idea for the building schools...but those will need some more thinking, not to mention they'd require some heavy art too. though that wouldn't be something I couldn't handle, it would still add more to the work schedule. :P

Also Guaran, if possible could I message you with potential ideas once I flesh them out a bit more? before I show them to the community as a whole that is. Seeing as you've been such a long-term player I'm guessing you've got quite the knowledge of things that might not be in-game anymore but might still be relavent lore-wise. Tell me if I'm overstepping my boundaries, I just want these to be as acceptable and accurate as possible, and seeing as we don't really have that many active old-players anymore..well you get the idea I think. ^^

I love confection, I just wish there was some after effect to food, there are some stat food, but its few and far in-between. There is no high level stat increasing food, and most of the high level food require serious combines and components from the far reaches of istaria. And they all do the same exact thing, DP reduction. Confection was my very first craft school to level, I loved adventuring across istaria and gather materials to craft elaborate foods. Although it does not sell well, it is rarely used and no one really needs it. If there were some more attributes like, melee attacks do 110% of normal damage for 30-60min after sitting in a tavern and eating, I think food would be so much more sought after. Even if it was just T6 foods, I think it would be a great option to foods, as opposed to just DP reduction. I do not know many bipeds who have confection skill raised. I maxed, SCH, ALC, CON on my biped, because I get to make a ton of useful items for everyone and really help the community. One thing I though would be nice, is much like we have potions of reaping to increase gathering, what if there was food for crafting that increased processing skills, like essence shaping, or stone working. When you think of getting to OPT in a skill it is not the easiest thing to do on T5/T6 stuff. even if it was a 20 point bonus it would still be sought after and CON would be more viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I love confection, I just wish there was some after effect to food, there are some stat food, but its few and far in-between. There is no high level stat increasing food, and most of the high level food require serious combines and components from the far reaches of istaria. And they all do the same exact thing, DP reduction. Confection was my very first craft school to level, I loved adventuring across istaria and gather materials to craft elaborate foods. Although it does not sell well, it is rarely used and no one really needs it. If there were some more attributes like, melee attacks do 110% of normal damage for 30-60min after sitting in a tavern and eating, I think food would be so much more sought after. Even if it was just T6 foods, I think it would be a great option to foods, as opposed to just DP reduction. I do not know many bipeds who have confection skill raised. I maxed, SCH, ALC, CON on my biped, because I get to make a ton of useful items for everyone and really help the community. One thing I though would be nice, is much like we have potions of reaping to increase gathering, what if there was food for crafting that increased processing skills, like essence shaping, or stone working. When you think of getting to OPT in a skill it is not the easiest thing to do on T5/T6 stuff. even if it was a 20 point bonus it would still be sought after and CON would be more viable.
    some great points there, writing them all down, especially like the processing buff idea! could potentially make those unlocked by a low level quest.

How about buffs like the boons/blessings, but only for processing, so 2/3 stat boosts for the appropriate school/material...thinking that taking the materials as something to base the foods on is a better idea? this is mostly to cut down on the amount of recipes there would need to be, could be called something along the lines of "Weaver's Delight" or something like that.

I'll try setting up a thread for school quests (2 seperate threads actually, one focused on adv and one for craft) so this can leave to a proper discussion thread rather than a rant one then. ^^;

some great points there, writing them all down, especially like the processing buff idea! could potentially make those unlocked by a low level quest.

How about buffs like the boons/blessings, but only for processing, so 2/3 stat boosts for the appropriate school/material...thinking that taking the materials as something to base the foods on is a better idea? this is mostly to cut down on the amount of recipes there would need to be, could be called something along the lines of "Weaver's Delight" or something like that.

I'll try setting up a thread for school quests (2 seperate threads actually, one focused on adv and one for craft) so this can leave to a proper discussion thread rather than a rant one then. ^^;
    There are so many food recipes, they could just modify 1/2 of their benefits and it would be covered without having to make new items. I almost have all of the CONF recipes, and there are close to probably 150 recipes. We don't need 150 DP reduction recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    There are so many food recipes, they could just modify 1/2 of their benefits and it would be covered without having to make new items. I almost have all of the CONF recipes, and there are close to probably 150 recipes. We don't need 150 DP reduction recipes.
    well all technicalities from a game design perspective considered, there's 3 distinct crafting tiers (beginner (1-40, Jman 40-80, exp 80-100), each of which would need only 4 recipes (appetizer, side, main and dessert). so that's a total of 12, counting higher-tier items it'd be 24, but technically speaking we could just get rid of the last 4 as Exp doesn't need higher tier, so 20, but that would only mean 20 set items could be made, each of which would be unique to it's kind and tier (not counting higher-tier ones), so for some variety let's say 3 varieties for each kind each tier and higher-tier (confectioner IS a fluff school after all like ALC and TNK), that would leave us with a total of 60. add in some of the festival food and other "fluff" food items and I guess we'd be at 80 to 90-ish total recipes? I am not counting ingredient formulas for these btw.

I do agree 150 is...well, a lot, I'm not saying go back to the days were there's only [X] amount of good items which you should eat at all times *cough* Ambrosia *cough*, but lessening some of them should free up some DB space...and not to mention knowledge book space.

Not entirely sure how I'd feel about just switcharoo-ing some effects+names, like I said I'm thinking about these ideas in a way to lessen the grind by adding in quests that,while they take longer, award a nice amount of xp and a potentially nice reward, fluff or not, though I'm not entirely sure how grindy CON truly is, I've only leveled it once if I recall, and I sure didn't do all those hidden away quests that only unlock if you have the ingredient in your inventory.

well all technicalities from a game design perspective considered, there's 3 distinct crafting tiers (beginner (1-40, Jman 40-80, exp 80-100), each of which would need only 4 recipes (appetizer, side, main and dessert). so that's a total of 12, counting higher-tier items it'd be 24, but technically speaking we could just get rid of the last 4 as Exp doesn't need higher tier, so 20, but that would only mean 20 set items could be made, each of which would be unique to it's kind and tier (not counting higher-tier ones), so for some variety let's say 3 varieties for each kind each tier and higher-tier (confectioner IS a fluff school after all like ALC and TNK), that would leave us with a total of 60. add in some of the festival food and other "fluff" food items and I guess we'd be at 80 to 90-ish total recipes? I am not counting ingredient formulas for these btw.

I do agree 150 is...well, a lot, I'm not saying go back to the days were there's only [X] amount of good items which you should eat at all times *cough* Ambrosia *cough*, but lessening some of them should free up some DB space...and not to mention knowledge book space.

Not entirely sure how I'd feel about just switcharoo-ing some effects+names, like I said I'm thinking about these ideas in a way to lessen the grind by adding in quests that,while they take longer, award a nice amount of xp and a potentially nice reward, fluff or not, though I'm not entirely sure how grindy CON truly is, I've only leveled it once if I recall, and I sure didn't do all those hidden away quests that only unlock if you have the ingredient in your inventory.
    Well there are basic, advanced and rare dishes in each of those categories, as well as T6 master food, there are a total of 118 recipes in total for the confection school.

Well actually each of those sub categories have 4 recipes in each one, so close to 160
    Last edited by Seriously; November 19th, 2015 at 09:32 PM.

Are we forgetting something here they are dragons??? Umm arent dragons supposed to be strong. Also, do you want to play a game of macroers or game like this. Besides bipeds are better crafters and should stay that way. Dragon i think should be better at fighting. A mage type should become powerful with all the classes but they ruined that by taking away chain casting bombs which i never agreed with. But these all are my opinion. Id make the game alot different if i did it my way. Dragon would be strong,mage type would be second but take a long time to make. You dont HAVE to be level 279 if your sole purpose to play this game is be 279 in im opinion u are here for the wrong reason. Are we forgetting that this a roleplaying game. SOME of us are just happy to be here . SOME of you are just flat out brats. BRATS. Sorry ill just put it bluntly and i know i will be flamed and not liked for this. If U think u can do better go to school and make ur own game. The devs work hard. Yes ive had my indifference with some of them but they mean well. Biped should be weak get over it. Biped gather and miner can gather or mine a ton of resources. Monk in istaria are unique and should be focused on more in my opinion. Try making a scholar and use shield scrolls to fight. I think it should take 40 yrs to get to 279. flame away. I love this game. Plz stop complaining. Come up with a constuctives idea. i have some but i lack funding money and schooling and u probably wouldnt like them and most gamers wouldnt. And finally note being a noob is fun. I have the most fun with my biped at low levels and i have had a couple bipeds with higher ratings. And i wish i could roleplay a character and stay in character but i cant that is why i dont play on order. i cant be quiet.
    Last edited by Willthesaviorofistaria; November 20th, 2015 at 07:55 AM.

Thread Information