Thread: Thank you.

Thumbs up Thank you.

I thought I should post some positive thing today.

As I started to set up my development environment for the Lexica on May, 1st, I wasn't sure about how things will go. Will it be accepted at all? The strategy was clear and the participants knew on what to concentrate. Alot of people looked enthusiastic to a new information site, while others were surely not too happy.

I want to thank the community members for their acceptance beside all their doubts they may have had. There has been alot of feedback to the page, good and bad. Both were welcome. Some active editors joined in, players were sending private messages to help keep it updated and even ingame there has been feedback on missing things and so on. Lexica lives through the community members (like the game does) and, looking at the site statistics, it lives well! Thank you, everyone, for your interest and contributions!

About three months after go-live and having a hard time in the beginning, we also got in touch with Virtrium. The staff (I want to include Cegaiel here, too. Though I still don't know if he's a Virtrian, hehe) has been very, very patient from the beginning and provided good, clear and fast responses to any open questions or issues. Thanks for the good work and support.

As last I want to thank especially Terao for his insane work on the Wiki. Most are already aware, we two are the founders of Lexica. From the site's beta stage (must have been early June?) on, he did very much brainwork to straighten things in the contents. At page release on August 3rd all edit counters of the page were reset. Looking at his user page nowadays lets you conclude: he did almost 8.000 edits to the Wiki. Let me tell you these edits were not done by automated scripts (much of mine were!). Terao did all this by hand. Just to mention a few tasks: Adding loot and melee infos to creatures, fully describing quests, adding new and missing items with all their description, adding nearly every epic information, adding nearly every formluae and their description, ... and even more. Talking about around 135 days of committing stuff, he edited an average of more than 50 pages daily. This is an insane effort for being a hobby and a person having a real life! Terao, thanks for all that and well done.

I am really impressed on what has happened by now and I really, really hope I can give back quite a bit to everyone of you! *throws chocolate mice into the crowd*

By the way: This is not the place to enflame. If you're unhappy on these writings I ask you to open a separate thread in the rant section, or to send me a private message.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Default Re: Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elteria View Post
    something positive -snip-.
    Hey Elteria, I just wanted to say thanks. Without you guys and those maintaining the other info sites, I'd be totally lost as a returning player.

Thread Information