Thread: login/stayin probs

Default login/stayin probs

Flame and me and 2 friends have some probs to log in, we have massive lag and crashes .

Anyone else?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: login/stayin probs

I dual boot and seem to get dumped a lot as well. I've got an I7 processor, 28 gig of memory and a GTX 950 video card. I feel getting dumped way too much unless it's a windows 10 problem.

I can't stay in the game for more than a half hour to an hour unless I'm staying fairly still and only moving every so often (like crafting). I think it's a Windows 10 thing because the problem cropped up after that update.

The devs have seen an issue with Windows 10 machines that have an Intel 4000 and an nVidia / ATI card. This is still being investigated, but it looks like the Intel card is working at the same time as the nVidia / ATI card and there's some sort of conflict. This issue is affecting a number of games (see the nVidia GeForce forums / other forums).
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-420-m-issues/

Please make sure to update your Intel and AMD / nVidia drivers. If there's still a problem, you can try configuring your computer to use your high end graphics card only.

For nVidia:
    nvidia control panel
    Select manage 3d settings
    Global Settings tab
    switch the drop down from Auto to nvidia
    Reboot your computer

For AMD:
    Open Catalyst Control Center
    Click Power, and then click Switchable Graphics.
    Select a Recent Application (Or click Browse to find Istaria.exe)
    Click the green or red button to change the default graphic solution to high-performance.
    Click Apply
    Reboot

I'm clueless about where to look for those control panels. Nothing looks the same since I went to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago; it's all big buttons in my face that I don't recognize automatically yet. How do I get there (control panel) from here (the windows icon on my taskbar)?

There are no known issues with AMD Radeon drivers? That's the graphics card brand I have and even after updating the driver for it several times after the Windows 10 update and I'm still seeing a lot of issues.

@ Awdz. First make sure your Nvideo Driver is up to date @ http://www.geforce.com/drivers. A new driver come out Dec 1/15 for my card. (359.06). To get to the Nvideo Control Panel in Windows 10, Right click the windows icon bottom left and pick "Control Panel", then you should see your video card control panel in the list. I think the setting you need to change in Nvidia is the "Set PhysX Configuration". Change it from auto to your Video card in the drop down. I checked all the "Manage 3D Settings" and see no setting that Yfelvik refers to.
    Last edited by Dacurly; December 9th, 2015 at 01:37 PM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    @ Awdz. First make sure your Nvideo Driver is up to date @ http://www.geforce.com/drivers. A new driver come out Dec 1/15 for my card. (359.06). To get to the Nvideo Control Panel in Windows 10, Right click the windows icon bottom left and pick "Control Panel", then you should see your video card control panel in the list. I think the setting you need to change in Nvidia is the "Set PhysX Configuration". Change it from auto to your Video card in the drop down. I checked all the "Manage 3D Settings" and see no setting that Yfelvik refers to.
    Thank you, applied this and will see how things go. I get so lost trying to figure out what affects what. :-/

Thread Information