Thread: Shard dead?

Question Shard dead?

Hey, I just wanted to ask.. is the Order Shard dead? I mean, I see like max 5 or 6 people on in one day, that counting the statues Woobie, Jsntron or those that actualy never move or speak..

I was thinking of doing some RP stories out there, but theres just not people anymore.

Almost everyone I meet and get to know just suddently vanish after like a week or a few days.

Anyone still out there? :<

Default Re: Shard dead?

Role play is pretty much dead now sadly, all the regular RP'ERS quit, and moved on to other games. I still play, but seldome. Due to real life being extremely busy. But if you ever see any if my characters on, feel free to send a poke. Negadragoon, Reagle, Ryzaak, Ramyrhis, and Deinonychus are my mains.

Currently it's the best place to feel lonely. So come in and join! */sarcasm off*

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

It depends which server board I think is which.

Pretty dead right now, but I'm waiting until Christmas and Lov's Christmas event before I make any final judgements. People like to come back for the double EXP and some stick around. This general time of year (September to early December) is the most dead.

Edit: I did see 12 online earlier, 2 of which being our afk master. New record for this week afaik.

A few friends of mine have also shown interest in making new characters once the tints come out, so maybe a few people will dribble back in..

Really it's a toss up. I don't know anymore.
    Last edited by Racktor; December 12th, 2015 at 12:26 AM.

I also plan to make a few new hatchlings once the new tints come out. got a few already made to save the name LOL!! But perhaps with all the new content coming out, more will return *crosses talons*

The past weeks I've been very busy on my RL and job and will keeping me busy until christmas. After christmas I got some vacation and being back on both, Istaria and the Lexica, at least two more characters will be online then
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Yay seems that there will be definately more people at least for a short while, thats most warming.

Order was very busy today, too. Very surprising.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Nazderan View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to ask.. is the Order Shard dead? I mean, I see like max 5 or 6 people on in one day, that counting the statues Woobie, Jsntron or those that actualy never move or speak..

I was thinking of doing some RP stories out there, but theres just not people anymore.

Almost everyone I meet and get to know just suddently vanish after like a week or a few days.

Anyone still out there? :<
    That or they went to Chaos.. There is roleplaying happening on both servers.. Im active im just more relax right now XD but the Order server has always been a Strict community for roleplaying. Also alot of RL events pull people away.. so its not dead its just.. Not active right now ^^ But when its active its active Remember People round the world play aka Different timezones
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    but the Order server has always been a Strict community for roleplaying.
    Eh. You're hard-pressed to find RP on Order. The only strictness I've seen in my 6 years here are people telling me to use brackets in public chat (fair enough) and to follow the lore (fair too). I was never a super-active RPer but I was definitely sucky at the start. Never really had any issues I hear talked about... but never really detailed

Of course there was that one year where everyone and their brother made a blighted character, but that's another story...

Anyway, 31 people on yesterday and 9 on today. Reallllyyyy big fluctuations.

Order's really not too stroct. As Racktor sais. As long as you keep your OOC (out of character), and I (in character) seperate, and try to keep your character, and RP within the lore, you'll be just fine.
    Oh! Can't forget, it's school season, as well as holiday season. So many people are very busy during the week, and often on weekends right now. Things should pick up a bit after New Years.

Whoops. Sorry for the typos. Phone key pad. Lol

I've never seen anything strict about RP in Order. As previously stated, only the use of brackets properly, aswell as not God playing (inmortal, overpower, etc) and I don't really like over drama either, but beside that I never seen anyone never, ever, say something like "You can't rp because your way of RP is not good enough".

And I've been like a week on chaos, never seen anyone RP there.

Because we're sneaky!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Nazderan View Post
    And I've been like a week on chaos, never seen anyone RP there.
    At the risk of derailing the thread, there's an RP channel on Chaos, if I'm not mistaken. It's player-made I think. I severely doubt there's any rp in the open, though.

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

Order is just more "ordered" than Chaos but it's not strict. Eheh. (Each time I went to Chaos, the RP chat was always empty) It's only common sense to use brackets for OOC to avoid confusion and follow at least the basic lore so people understand what is going on.

With that said, I also find the shard pretty dead and when you finally are able to log in during your busy life only to find an empty shard it's a bummer. I hit my nose to a mere more or less 5 people online many times and that got me wondering what the heck is the best time to log in then?...
    Though as Racktor said, autumn semester seem to be deadly. Might be because it's oftentimes the hardest one in college (my case) but also in some careers because Christmas is coming. And during the holidays well people are with their family and friends so they're basically not online.

I'm still there just super busy during school. But now that I'm in vacations I'll be able to show up a lot more! I'm up for RP anytime, I just tend to not approach people for it. ^^; Need to change this hah...
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    At the risk of derailing the thread, there's an RP channel on Chaos, if I'm not mistaken. It's player-made I think. I severely doubt there's any rp in the open, though.
    This here is correct there's open Roleplay
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    This here is correct there's open Roleplay
    At the risk of appearing rude... (I don't want to insult any RPers on Chaos or just Chaos' ability to RP in general - this may come off as such)
    I want to clarify that I mean structured RP between characters, not random actions with /em. That's all I've personally seen on Chaos (at least in NT) as open RP. ^^;

Aka, I mean:
    Racktor glides into the clearing on golden wings and looks around with his blue eyes, scanning for any sign of life. He spots a red drake laying in the shade, possibly sleeping, and approaches him curiously.
    Not:
    Racktor hugs his friend with his wing!

I might just be in the wrong places/logging in at the wrong time, though.

@Levanan: You also tend to log in later at night iirc.... I've noticed a lot of Order peeps are European and just won't be online then. About noon to six is when you get the most people on weekends (EST) and in an even shorter window during the week. Sucks you've only been hitting 5s and 6s, though.

Hey! I just recently joined, but I'm an rper! Ive been annoying people trying to find it! Look for Erendia. If I'm on, I want to rp. If no one else wants in, we'll just make our own rp!

Thread Information