Thread: The One Who Will Never See

Default The One Who Will Never See

So I decided to write the story of my main character since I just got the inspiration to do it. I have it posted on my Istaria Wiki page but I think it would look neatly in this section too, probably get some critic about it and maybe people get involved into it's development And please, don't mind my typing errors, I'm not native english.

Chapter one: Dark World I See

After the dissapearance of his father Taikeru, and mother Azath, the hatchling was left alone with not enough resources to last long, being caved in his own birth lair. Days were passing by, and the yougling was begging to get scase on food, which started to get him thiner and weaker, he knew he had to get out of that place soon, or he would die. The hope for his parents to return weren't that important to him as he knew he had to move away, as he began to look for something to make his way out. He obviously knew he wasn't able to move the caving, and there didn't seem to be any other way leading outside.

Searching in panic trough each room of the large lair, in one of the top floors he found a scaleforging room trough which a stream of pure water was flowing from the ceiling. The only way out was possibly that one, tho that would mean him to hold his breath for quite a long time, since the hole may not have had an opening being just an underground stream. But he didn't really had mutch option at that point, either the starvation to death, or at least a try for survival. First, he would need to figure out how to get to that ceiling, he wasn't able to fly nor glide from a higher place. After rolling some rocks from the silo nearby, he climbed on and began to think about what he may possibly face once he gets in. After saying a last goodbye if he didn't make it, he jumped in the stream and dug his claws in the entrance of the hole, starting to use the tube to get against the stream.

Seconds passing in the stream were like hours for him as he couldn't see anything from the water and the hope was starting to fade slowly. His paw suddently reached into a wall as the stream began to flow from the right side instead from above. Almost out of his breath, he made it to the right side, pusing against the water as he could till he finaly felt one of his ears poing out from the water instead of being dragged against the stone. He imediately pulled his head upside opening his maw wide to take a deep breath. Shazo remained taking air sticking out of the hope from the turrent for a few minutes awhile he had the rest of his body still inside. When he opened his eyes he couldn't see anything at all. He tought at first that he was in some sort of a cave but he was clearly hearing the wind blowing and birds singing in the sky. The youngling had no idea of what was happening to him but he had to get out of that stream. After pulling himself out, he began to blindly walk around in slow steps in look for some safer place to rest for a while. Maybe it was just because of the exhaustion he had.

The day passed by as the little one was deep in sumber for almost 24 hours and the drake woke up finaly. After a long yawn he realized the world was still being dark. Feared of the worst, he tried as hard as he could to focus on something, anything, but without hope. He has gone blind due to the lack of oxygen he got holding his breath in the stream. And the toughts about the disapearance of his parents, only made it worse, leaving the young hatchling into a trauma he would never get over, and thus never see the light of the world again.

Default Re: The One Who Will Never See

(Nicely written so far, minor typos aside. I never knew Shazo was Azath's son... didn't know she had one actually. Anyway since Azath left, I'll have Mach drop off your inheritance in-game. I hope you like zombie limbs! )

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

(Mach is related to her? And yeah, she has a son, tho she left too soon to have them more related over time, so the beginning wa skinda rushed. And sorry for the typos, I try, I'm still learning to use proper english expresions and such but it will take a bit to be actualy able to type stories properly.

Anyways, here I paste the second chapter I had written yesterday, the rest I will probably continue a bit later because I'm tired today.)

Chapter two: Saviour

It's been 4 months and 2 days since the hatchling began his adventure into the worlds of Istaria. He had enough instinct to try and hunt for something to eat, but more than a few birds or insects, he couldn't get a better loot. But better that than starving, he started to get a bit more used to the blindness than the first days. He couldn't make more than a few steps before tripping. Now he can walk almost without problems as he learned to use his ears as some sort of sonar. He is able to hear precisely the echoes that bounce from the structures such as walls, rocks, trees. Once the sound of his steps and drum of his tail against the ground reach his ears, he knows almost precisely now to what distance the object in front of him is.

Not being able to reach any sort of civilization for months wandering in the vaste valleys to the west of Chiconis, he made it to the outsides of Dalimond. He began to hear more and more new noises. Howls, snarls, crumbling rocks then baaing, mooing. The youngling started to be a bit scared but yet curious to what he had stumbled upon. Wandering to the eastern entrance of the Dalimond town, he was stopped by a sudden loud noise of something heavy dropping in front of him. He spiked the scales on his back and started to back away slowly. He could smell something in front of him aswell as the head of the sun wasn't warming his scales on the head and neck since something was blocking it. Shazo made a few trail drum noises against the ground but he only sensed a figure in front. An anincent drake spoke to him curiously to what was he doing with that tail. The youngling froze, not entirely sure to what respong. It was the first time he encountered someone in his life beside his mother. The drake felt something wasn't right with the hatchling and sat down in front, reasuring him that he wasn't going to harm him. Shazo stopped spiking his scales but didn't know what else to say beside asking where was he.

After a few minutes talking and being taught of where was he ubicated and that he has reached the human city of Dalimond, the youngling decided to ask if the ancient didn't see his parents. Saddly, he did not. With a sad expression on his face, he thanked the ancient and hit the ground with his tail to sense the border of where he could get around the sitting ancient, which was still intrigated by that move. "Why do you do that?" he asked. The youngling explained that it was the only way he could move without hitting something, and continued walking. The ancient stopped him with his tail curling it around him gently. "What is your name?" he asked. "Shazo.. Auris." responded the youngling feeling the warmth of someone else the first time. The ancient smiled at him and used his tail to lift and drop the hatchling between his large wings. "Hold onto me, I will help you." The drake began to walk towards the town of Dalimond with the little one grabbed on his back.

The town residents welcomed the ancient kindy since he was known and friendly, thus he responding them in a dragon like fashion of bowing his head. Crossing the town was an intrigant adventure for him, every people they met was different on opinions, ideas and scent. It began to unsettle him a bit, but he couldn't resist it. After a bit of waking the drake stopped in front of one of the portals of the town. "Did you ever cross a portal?" asked the drake. The little one shaked his head in no awhile thinking of what was that. "I see, don't get scared, it may feel weir a bit the first time." he sayd before entering the portal. When they got out of it, they were in an completly different place. The hatchling knew it because of the sounds, he suddently heard new birds he never heard before, more trees, the beeze, he smelld flowers and plants that were unknown to him. The ancient sat on the ground letting Shazo get down. Once he bounced his tail against the ground he sensed more tree density than before. "Where are we?" he asked to the drake. The ancient one had a look around and after a sigh he responded to him."I brought you to the isle of Skalkaar. Here you will be taught of battle, crafting and the basic needs for survival. Even I did train here, it's been so long ago.."explained the ancient with a nostalgic smile on his face. The little one began to have new hopes as the dragon began to explain him more about the isle and it's trainers.

After a bit of explanation, the ancient was getting ready to go as ge got up on his hindlegs and blasted his wings against the air and began to take off. "Wait, what is your name?!" the youngling asked quickly. "Nazderan. We will meet again I believe, take care Shazo. I pray to Drulkar for you." He smiled at him before dissapearing between the trees. Shazo remained with his head pointed to the direction the ancient left untill he didn't hear his wings anymore and began to walk around and explore the new land he was brought to. A new chapter.

(Not related, no... just a good friend of hers. This is coming along nicely so far, keep it up!)

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information