Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $4.99 sub option for playing with one character slot past limit.

Default Re: $4.99 sub option for playing with one character slot past limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    If I understood the OP correctly, they are playing a single dragon character on a free trial, and want to add another character. The game is likely not allowing that simply because their account is already out of bounds of the free account. He needs to either sub or make a new human only account.

To my knowledge there is no limit on archived characters. They just get backed up to the same offline storage as all the unity characters they have. They can be imported at a later date via support ticket.
    I was answering Vergial's post (which I quoted in my previous post). Bolded part for that specific sentence.

I can see a limit on archived characters for $5, possibly, though it'd likely entice new players better if there was no limit. Trust me, the chore of archiving/recovering characters on a regular basis would be more of a kick in the bum to upgrade the subscription, if anything.

Outright banning archiving for a $5 sub would be alienating to a degree, and would keep new players from testing more useful waters.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    If its for 1 character slot only.. Then it would be a good idea.. I support this.. Just dont push it with a Plot slot.. You want a plot buy the 15$ sub XD
    This threa is full of surprises.. Again I agree.. this time with arch, an option to spend less to get a plot/extra plots (for less than 14.99) is a BAD idea... it will hurt revenue i can say it with a good level of confidence that its a fact... why? because I for one would certainly pay less if i could to hold the three plots i do. and If i will I am sure others will too
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

If I understood the OP correctly, they are playing a single dragon character on a free trial, and want to add another character. The game is likely not allowing that simply because their account is already out of bounds of the free account. He needs to either sub or make a new human only account.

To my knowledge there is no limit on archived characters. They just get backed up to the same offline storage as all the unity characters they have. They can be imported at a later date via support ticket.
    You are definitely not understanding my OP. My point is I DON'T want extra character slots, I only want to play my one character. I am not asking for a reduced price for the current sub options. I am asking for a reduced price to progress my one and only character. I am not interested in alts. Please re-read my OP if you are not getting it.

Edit for clarity - I don't care about archived characters either. If they want to limit how many can be archived for the $4.99 option, that's fine by me. Again, I am not interested in alts. I would like to progress past the free trial level limit for my one character, and I'm not willing to pay ten bucks a month for extra character slots to do it, because the grind and repetitive quests have made me not want to make alts. I made a proposal that could potentially bring more money to this game from people like me. I don't understand your opposition which could be mutually beneficial to the game devs and the player base.
    Last edited by Kesstryl; January 1st, 2016 at 10:01 PM.
    IGN - Primordia Starlighter - hatchling on Order

Quote Originally Posted by Vergial View Post
    I can see a limit on archived characters for $5, possibly, though it'd likely entice new players better if there was no limit. Trust me, the chore of archiving/recovering characters on a regular basis would be more of a kick in the bum to upgrade the subscription, if anything.

Outright banning archiving for a $5 sub would be alienating to a degree, and would keep new players from testing more useful waters.
    Nope. Can't agree to a limit on archived characters it's feature that now its introduced is very hard to back pedle on. afterall they never delete old accounts so why punish those that are paying. Although saying that the idea of being able to archive a character is pretty unique to Ista to my knowledge no other game lets you do that.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Nope. Can't agree to a limit on archived characters it's feature that now its introduced is very hard to back pedle on. afterall they never delete old accounts so why punish those that are paying. Although saying that the idea of being able to archive a character is pretty unique to Ista to my knowledge no other game lets you do that.
    This was just about a 4.99 fee for 1 character slot Aka unlocking past level 15.. Not this huge arguement XD
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by Kesstryl View Post
    You are definitely not understanding my OP. My point is I DON'T want extra character slots, I only want to play my one character. I am not asking for a reduced price for the current sub options. I am asking for a reduced price to progress my one and only character. I am not interested in alts. Please re-read my OP if you are not getting it..
    Umm, Ok. You titled this thread "$4.99 sub option for playing with one character slot past limit." ...here is the OP:

I love the fact that there is a free to play option, which is basically an extended trial, allowing all races to be tried out. While the $9.99 option is not bad, I don't see myself playing 3 characters. The game mechanics with the overload of kill 10 rat quests is such a grind fest that I have no desire to play more characters. I do love my dragon though and would love to progress.
    You are confusing the "extended free trial" with the "free to play option". And in turn confusing those of us replying (myself at least).

Most posts in the thread were commenting on the thread title, which was an option to allow one extra character slot for a price, mainly in support of it. That option already exists (as I also previously posted).

I was simply offering the the idea of letting dragons progress past level cap from the free account, and letting them pay a low sub fee to continue leveling that dragon. Why restrict dragons from flying if they progress to points where they can ascend? That just defeats the purpose of my original suggestion which is removing the level cap with a $4.99 monthly fee so the characters can continue progressing..
    As far as I know there is not a level cap to Dragon characters playing in a trial period, but I suppose it is possible. If that is in fact the case, it would be because Vitrium wants you to sub to continue.

DEV: Dragons and all other characters have a level limit when playing for free.

For the time being, to continue playing the Dragon you need the $9.99 sub option. My opinion on this I stated before, I don't support a $4.99 sub option for a Dragon. you mentioned not wanting or needing three character slots... but no one is playing 3 characters at once anyway. Most people play a single toon to begin with. So I can't really see why Vitrium would put in a cheaper sub option. (And is why I don't think it is a good idea).

Your OP could have much more clearly stated what you were asking for:
    "Can we get a single character slot, any race, subscription option at a reduced price, such as $4.99?"
    and you would need a different title.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; January 5th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.

$4.99 sub option|-|for playing with one character slot|-|past limit.
    Really Guaran? this isn't clear? I mean...it's literally what they're asking for, a $5/month sub option, with a maximum of 1 character slot that goes past the level limit that's current on F2P.

I know almost for certain that 80% of the people replying here perfectly understand what the OP is talking about.

Umm, Ok. You titled this thread "$4.99 sub option for playing with one character slot past limit." ...here is the OP:

You are confusing the "extended free trial" with the "free to play option". And in turn confusing those of us replying (myself at least).

Most posts in the thread were commenting on the thread title, which was an option to allow one extra character slot for a price, mainly in support of it. That option already exists (as I also previously posted).

As far as I know there is not a level cap to Dragon characters playing in a trial period, but I suppose it is possible. If that is in fact the case, it would be because Vitrium wants you to sub to continue.

For the time being, to continue playing the Dragon you need the $9.99 sub option. My opinion on this I stated before, I don't support a $4.99 sub option for a Dragon. you mentioned not wanting or needing three character slots... but no one is playing 3 characters at once anyway. Most people play a single toon to begin with. So I can't really see why Vitrium would put in a cheaper sub option. (And is why I don't think it is a good idea).

Your OP could have much more clearly stated what you were asking for:
    "Can we get a single character slot, any race, subscription option at a reduced price, such as $4.99?"
    and you would need a different title.
    From my understanding of everyone else's comments, they all understood exactly that I meant playing the one free trial character past the level cap limit. I already know about the $9.99 sub option, and I won't pay for it because I don't want all the other perks that come with it. I was making a suggestion that seemed reasonable. Everyone else understood exactly what my suggestion was. No one thought I was asking for an EXTRA character slot, everyone knew I was asking to play past the level 15 limit imposed on free characters. I don't want to play bipeds, and I definitely don't want to play another dragon. I think this game is too grindy to draw in anyone with the free characters, the quests are ALL kill 10 rat quests (look the term up) and that is really not fun. I'm not going to sub. I'm pretty much done here. If they ever offer a cheaper sub so I can play my one character, I'll give it a go. It's not worth ten bucks a month for me. If the gameplay was actually fun, I would have. I love being a dragon, but the fact is this is not the only game that lets you be a dragon. Everquest 2 which has an awesome free to play option lets you be a Sarnak which is a dragon biped, and there is also an appearance changer that actually lets you be a wyvern dragon that hovers around on wings and has fighting animations. Divinity 2 lets your character evolve into a dragon. I of the Dragon lets you play as a dragon. There is competition out there, and new players are not going to pay ten bucks a month to be a dragon when they can buy to play any of the (ten dollar one time purchase) solo games or the free to play Everquest 2 option. I was letting the game devs know what might budge my wallet, but since you are so intent on preserving the status quo, I'm done. I"m walking away from Istaria. Another lost source of income.
    IGN - Primordia Starlighter - hatchling on Order

I was letting the game devs know what might budge my wallet, but since you are so intent on preserving the status quo, I'm done. I"m walking away from Istaria. Another lost source of income.
    I feel you, I really do. This is the same reason I haven't resubbed for months; too expensive for the content provided, too many terrible experiences with the elitists in the game. What you saw in this thread is just a taste of the Istaria "community". Trust me, you're better off playing other dragon games, this one is a lost cause due to the change-resistant community. Came to that conclusion months ago. Wish you luck, Kess.
    Last edited by Kida; January 5th, 2016 at 09:11 PM.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

The devs are considering a lower tier for a single character slot, as Kesstryl suggested on December 27, 10 days ago. The devs are focused on the facility upgrade, and a few other hot fixes right now. As soon as the facility upgrade is complete, everyone will have a chance to "sit down" and review a /possible/ new account option.

...Everyone else understood exactly what my suggestion was. No one thought I was asking for an EXTRA character slot, everyone knew I was asking to play past the level 15 limit imposed on free characters...
    My apologies for misunderstanding your question. It's because I was unaware of a level cap on trial accounts. That's new since my last trial (which was long ago).
    Last edited by Yfelvik; January 5th, 2016 at 10:51 PM.

Thread Information