Thread: Unreal Engine

Default Unreal Engine

With the buzz about Unreal engine, I thought I'd share a few things that some might not know.

The engine is free for educational, development, virtual reality and film. This means that YOU can actually download the program and play around with it (no cost). It has a descent interface for the projects.

See: https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4

From that link, look at top right corner of page for a blue squared link "Get Unreal"

Here's what the default project opens up to, not bad for a chair and table, eh? You can't tell in this screenshot, but the clouds are actually moving, too. For those feeling "artsy", maybe could come up with something neat and show off some ideas.

Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Unreal Engine

hey Cega, not for nothing, heck it's great to educate people on what unreal is capable of and what not (especially for modding purposes).

but...why is this in istaria general discussion? aside from it being the engine istaria is jumping to I don't see why this isn't in "Posts Not Related to Istaria", especially since it's not currently relevant to istaria at all.

Downloading the engine will allow players to create mods for the game once the transition to Unreal is made.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    I don't see why this isn't in "Posts Not Related to Istaria", especially since it's not currently relevant to istaria at all.
    You're right, it's moved now; forgot about that category - does seem more appropriate.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I'm not a programmer, but I understand that PS4 and Xbox One have the ability to display graphical content at higher fidelity in comparison to PS3 and Xbox 360. Which is why I assume they want to streamline UE3 across all the platforms they are developing for.

But couldn't the code specifically written for MKX on UE3 just be ported over to UE4 for latest gen systems? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Naughty Dog doing something like this with The Last of Us on their in-house engine.
    hi!

Thread Information