Thread: Search Map via Co-ordinates

Default Search Map via Co-ordinates

It'd be great to be able to search the map by typing coordinates into the search bar (xxxxx/yyyyy).

Like when you ask where something is for a quest..people give you co-ords. Well it'd be great if i didn't have to keep clicking parts of the map to find that small point since it's tedious and annoying to do.

(Ideally, i'd love it work with xxx/yyy co-ords vs needing all five and bring it to a corner of the small square of possible co-ords, but i have 0 idea how map searches work so.)

Default Re: Search Map via Co-ordinates

Most of the time if I give someone coords like xxx/yyy then I got them directly from a marker on the map from map pack, If the coords match a mappack marker you can just search for those coords to also find them provided your using mappack also.

If you don't use mappack I'd recommend looking into it, helps tremendously.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I just need to read the title and

yes yes yes yes please i would love this

It's nothing huge, but would just be a QOL thing that'd be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Most of the time if I give someone coords like xxx/yyy then I got them directly from a marker on the map from map pack, If the coords match a mappack marker you can just search for those coords to also find them provided your using mappack also.

If you don't use mappack I'd recommend looking into it, helps tremendously.
    I have no idea how map pack works because i do not use map pack (apart from sometimes the istariareference map) and nor do i intend to download for various reasons im not willing to list. (sorry if i seem a lil aggressive, ive had that discussion before and it never ends well xD; ) So i had no idea something pretty much doing this already existed.

But i guess if it's already been done then it shouldn't be too hard to actually implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    I have no idea how map pack works because i do not use map pack (apart from sometimes the istariareference map) and nor do i intend to download for various reasons im not willing to list. (sorry if i seem a lil aggressive, ive had that discussion before and it never ends well xD; ) So i had no idea something pretty much doing this already existed.

But i guess if it's already been done then it shouldn't be too hard to actually implement it.
    I'm the same. For no small number of reasons, I don't use the map pack and won't/can't. This would be a great addition to the game just to be able to search the coords on the map by somehow entering them via a command or on the map itself somehow.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Thread Information