Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crafting made slightly easier?

Default Re: Crafting made slightly easier?

I could definitely get behind an "academy" building on plots, if all it had was a guy similar to the one on the Isles of Battle that can swap all your schools, that would be fantastic.

I also like the alternate there... Quested ability for each school that lets you pick from the list of schools you've done the quest for.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    I could definitely get behind an "academy" building on plots, if all it had was a guy similar to the one on the Isles of Battle that can swap all your schools, that would be fantastic.

I also like the alternate there... Quested ability for each school that lets you pick from the list of schools you've done the quest for.
    There used to be a buildable "Trade Hall" many moons ago. It didn't have all the craft trainers, just the basic ones I think. Sure would be nice if the highest tier craft shops included trainers
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

EDIT:Oh boy i'm bad at constructing arguements...ahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    A better idea might be, make all the schools primary skill, but make it so that, say for spellcrafter, that crafting spells' EXP to always just go to spellcrafter, regardless of the school the player is in, with the only exception being scholar: if you are in scholar, spell exp goes to scholar (unless they make scholar center only on getting exp from making scrolls). Tailor/Outfitter would work the same way. This actually makes sense for processing skills, and would fit well with making all schools primary skill. And would negate the need to change schools so often.

This is how I envision the scenario would work: Make sure you've joined miner and fitter schools already, current school doesn't matter, go out and mine ore, make bars with the exp automatically going to miner, then make sheets automatically getting fitter exp, apply to a building and automatically get mega more fitter exp. Run back out to mine more ore, rinse repeat, and no school changing even required. If all classes go primary skill, miner would be the only school that would get exp from making bars anyway. But might have to leave DRCA in as well though since they can't join miner. A nice solution to that would be to allow Dragons to join Miner. (And Gatherer too). Can give those prestige schools pre-reqs (only for Dragons) for joining of needing 200 mining for Miner, 200 essence harvesting for Gatherer, which Dragons would have to level up to in DRCA first, before they could join them. Or I guess just 20 DRCA which might be easier.
    While i disagree with primary skill system applied to all schools as a whole - especially with so many grey areas in ped schools, i could see this as....the nicest way to implement it. Still not one i'd like, but it'd be the least painful way to implement such a system imo since no running and no middle man (or middle-click!) in between it all.

It'd be kinda nice to get a similar sort of system for the schools as it is. As in exactly the same, only no primary skill system LOL. Though only if such was optional and we could chose whether to have exp from one thing go into a specific school or not. (Stops issues with leveling min/gath too much, especially concerning salvaging skill. which granted, can be limited anyway, i think it'd still be better to not need the tool to limit it in the first place if we don't want to.)

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    What if... you could switch in the field (using an ability each school granted)... but as a side-effect, every school was converted to the primary skill system.
    A lot level schools by processing t5+ basic materials (ie. ore into bars) and storing them until the school is high enough to use said materials, as a way to alleviate the grind (at the cost of needing to store materials or waste them.)
    If we went to the primary skill system for -all- schools frankly i'd lose my will to level much of my biped craft since it would make my fave schools so much grindier (alc, construction, even outfitter/scholar would be a chore since i tend to grind mithril and marble until 80 for em respectively.)
    Or to sum it up...please don't. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post

Now this is something i'd like 8D
    I'd make an academy need a lot to build - or maybe even high teir material - and/or have a high price on academy npc permits. Since I'm getting the vibe they should be limited for whatever reason.

As for quested abiltity - YES.
    Craft quests for all biped schools finally what more can i say/shot. Though, i actually don't know how to moderate that idea in a way that still works.
    Last edited by Azath; January 11th, 2016 at 11:43 PM.

Maybe add a NPC instructor to the vault, even the small vault. I don't have room for another structure on my plot lol. Unless they want to add to my plot, theres a wide strip of dirt area in back could easily be used .

How about granting the ability to switch to any school any time (crafting of course) once you've gained GMC status. Or even better not having to switch at all, all schools active once you reached GMC. I asked once before about a big gain in gathering (no more 1, 3, 8, 2, 12, 2, 2, 10, etc) for GMC but that went nowhere so not holding breath here either.

Not going to weigh in on whether should or should not go to a primary skill system as wouldn't really affect me one way or the other.
    Last edited by Smaug; January 12th, 2016 at 01:40 AM.

The only problem on switching the schools amidst crafting is that some NPC's are just way too split in the world, and sometimes you even have to go running from the pad for a long run to switch, which is the only thing that bothers me.

I suggest that instead of a button (which I actualy don't mind getting, but would be too easy), to place all of the school NPC's or just one for ADV and one for CRT in one spot so you can just tp and switch and continue back your work, lets say for example, at genevia portals. Its accesible by everyone, has portals everywhere, and can go there, switch and go back to work. It would still make you a slower grind, BUT, slightly faster and accesible.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Haha, that would so funny in the field... "HELP I'm overburdened, can someone pretty please come out with an empty cargo disk while I trade 50 times with you to transfer my disk's contents" (that's of course assuming you can't just switch back immediately).

To quote myself "I'd still very much like it". I'm in no way personally against the idea, I was just trying to point out that it has come up before and while I don't recall a specific dev response, it hasn't been implemented yet so it might be fair to assume that they do not wish to do so (who knows, maybe they've changed their opinions on this topic?).

You're certainly right Mach, I did just that too, but I had silos to store such a large number of resources. As such, I think this suggestion would slightly benefit players without plots more than those with plots, primarily the new players; so again, I am all for it. I personally see no downsides to this suggestion being implemented

It's a bit off-topic but something I do recall being mentioned is a "risk vs reward" mentality. The risk in adventuring is of course the killing of mobs, however, there is very little risk in crafting. Any "risk" relating to mobs is typically rewarded with more motherlode nodes, but besides that, there really is none. So in order to include barriers/time-sync related to crafting, having to talk to a trainer to switch schools is an obvious option. And before we go down the path, this suggestion is really only appropriate for Crafting schools, I wouldn't personally support such a change to Adventure schools (flicking between DPS/Tank/Healer would be far too easy and seriously unbalance the game).
    Yep the idea is purely meant for crafting!
    Aurelia Borealis of Istara's Chosen.
    Art by Oceanappa.
    Banner by Racktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    How about granting the ability to switch to any school any time (crafting of course) once you've gained GMC status. Or even better not having to switch at all, all schools active once you reached GMC.
    You only need to switch craft schools when leveling so there's no point really.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    You only need to switch craft schools when leveling so there's no point really.
    Cept there is a few quests require you to be in school and a few items require specific school active also. For most part your right though.

Thread Information