Thread: Queen Relocation

Default Queen Relocation

When Doom first opened we were all so excited, all creatures above 100. What fun this will be for the players who needed a little more than the average joe. I think it would be nice to relocate the Queen and let her ROAM outside in the big cavern guarding the mylocs that walk around that area and making it a little more difficult to get to the maggots.

Perhaps there could be something in the future to create a quest to Activate that old Portal down there as well for a future expansion? Just an idea..

-Kor

Default Re: Queen Relocation

What server are you on? My friend on Chaos has some ideas on a quest line that uses that porthole.

I like the idea. Also, Queen encounters will become a bit more of an Adventure. First you gotta seek her, prepare for battle and then there are the other mylocs roaming into the long fight which provides a nice improvement when talking about variety.

Cheers

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

I can understand the desire for 'adventure', but I must remind those that would like to relocate the Queen to roam around freely, among all the mylocs in the main lair, plus those that she spawns already at a horrifying rate would just be too much.

She's a brutally difficult and powerful foe and all the mylocs hit really hard with their spirit blast technique. I doubt many people can survive too many of those.

Not only that, but those of us that go down there don't necessarily go to hunt the maggots exclusively. While you might possess a rating 278 maxed out biped, not everyone else does... those that are lower ratings still find it enough of a challenge to get through the horde of mylocs already present.

It would be unfair to put a foe as powerful as the Queen, who spawns at least 4-10 extra mylocs at the highest level, into the horde of mylocs.

Not to mention... it wouldn't quite make sense from a logical point of view. The purpose of a hive is to protect the queen and the queen's purpose is to propagate the hive.

Why would she be out anywhere she'd be an easy target, not to mention, far from the spot where she has to lay her eggs to support the colony in the first place? Its illogical, as well as impractical.
    Last edited by Litarath; January 22nd, 2016 at 10:44 AM.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    I can understand the desire for 'adventure', but I must remind those that would like to relocate the Queen to roam around freely, among all the mylocs in the main lair, plus those that she spawns already at a horrifying rate would just be too much.

She's a brutally difficult and powerful foe and all the mylocs hit really hard with their spirit blast technique. I doubt many people can survive too many of those.

Not only that, but those of us that go down there don't necessarily go to hunt the maggots exclusively. While you might possess a rating 278 maxed out biped, not everyone else does... those that are lower ratings still find it enough of a challenge to get through the horde of mylocs already present.

It would be unfair to put a foe as powerful as the Queen, who spawns at least 4-10 extra mylocs at the highest level, into the horde of mylocs.

Not to mention... it wouldn't quite make sense from a logical point of view. The purpose of a hive is to protect the queen and the queen's purpose is to propagate the hive.

Why would she be out anywhere she'd be an easy target, not to mention, far from the spot where she has to lay her eggs to support the colony in the first place? Its illogical, as well as impractical.
    I will have to agree, with Litarath not the big chamber, but maybe wonders into the sac room that's about it. As for the big chamber it does not make sense. Plus it's unfair to people with lower ratings. So no, for the big main chamber.

I agree with Litarath here.

(also shouldn't this be in suggestion section?)

Would be great to fight Shaloth as an epic (needing more than 1/2 people to fight the queen again!!!) however shes a massively difficult mob and anyone not going down there for Shaloth i feel itd kinda be unfair to.
    I mean, her first attack is nearly a one-hit kill (especially to weaker characters) and if she aggrod someone down there for...
    -Hoard -DD questline and not at shaloth -Leveling a weaker school (peds already have it tedious enough) -Titles -Journals -Chests
    Then i imagine theyd very quickly grow frustrated with going to mylocs for reasons other than shaloth at all....

In addition would kinda ruin the flow of Dralnok's Doom questline. Each section sends you successively deeper into the caverns, while i feel that -yeah- it'd be kinda nice for the queen to be around there as a warning it ruins all continuity with the quest text too (since its initially a mystery that the queen exists in the quest text).

Expanding the Queen's area and creating a nesting area I could understand, but not placing her in the main chamber.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

I have to agree with Litarath on top of adding my own reply to this idea here.

Having the queen wander might sound like a good idea, but don't forget that those doing the quest to get Volcano, Mental Bane, and Galderos' Heart will need to kill a variety of spawn. I don't think its a good idea to have an epic wandering through an area that a player doing those questlines would get insta-killed by much less can't even hurt while doing those certain steps to that questline. Players already run the risk of accidentally hitting that massive group of mylocs that wanders from the beginning of the tunnel through the egg chamber to the start of the Queen's chamber. I'm pretty sure too when it comes to the step of the Volcano questline where you need the egg sacs, that hitting them now can draw aggro from surrounding mylocs. If she was wandering through the egg chamber then the queen could very well be one of those and there's nothing a player without Galderos' Heart could do except die.
    Last edited by Arzel Rashemi; January 22nd, 2016 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Cuz I can't English tonight

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I'm actually going to disagree with the OP and say the Queen should stay right where she is, sorry Kor... The birthing (sac) chamber is already full with roaming "guards" and since that particular area is quest related (in the lead-up to killing the Queen), I'd rather not expect players to take a full group in there before having to kill the Queen. And as has been mentioned, she requires the Heart to damage her, which you can't have unless you're up to that point in the quest.

However, I do like the idea of her roaming... if it were possible to have a mob roam outside their spawn, but when doing so, not engage in combat. For example, if she were to roam outside her chamber into the birthing chamber, then she could emit an aura that improves her minions (or adversely affects players), but she would only be acting in a "support mode"... but perhaps this is a discussion for another day.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I forgot about this post. LOL I'm surprised by all the negative comments. Some good points though for sure, I just remember ED becoming too easy but that was the baddest of the bad there. If you wanted to push the limits, you went to ED (Eastern Deadlands) Then they added Dralnok's Doom for all the players at 100. The Volcano quest is a T6 quest and seeing people be able to pull the Queen to the side and killing her with 2 people is rediculous. They either need to expand the mobs range to go to the walls, or make her roam more into the mobs range. It's not an area for low level players. I do like the idea from Iuv about as she roams she would emit an aura that improves her minions, great idea.

If the quest is too hard, then you just don't get it, that's the way it is.

-Kor

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    I forgot about this post. LOL I'm surprised by all the negative comments. Some good points though for sure, I just remember ED becoming too easy but that was the baddest of the bad there. If you wanted to push the limits, you went to ED (Eastern Deadlands) Then they added Dralnok's Doom for all the players at 100. The Volcano quest is a T6 quest and seeing people be able to pull the Queen to the side and killing her with 2 people is rediculous. They either need to expand the mobs range to go to the walls, or make her roam more into the mobs range. It's not an area for low level players. I do like the idea from Iuv about as she roams she would emit an aura that improves her minions, great idea.

-Kor
    The number of players that can duo the queen are very few and far between. And they can only do it due to crafting specific scales, and correct use of crystals, And they will fail more often than not.

As for its not meant for low level players please tell me the last time you saw a low level player in there? requirement is still 100 to access doom as I recall (and yes i know people go in there to level classes)

FTR making the game even harder isn't going to encourage people to stay that's not going to help in anyway. So rather than trying to screw people over that are trying to play the game try to come up with actually constructive ideas.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I think it would be nice to relocate the Queen and let her ROAM outside in the big cavern guarding the mylocs that walk around that area and making it a little more difficult to get to the maggots.
    The Volcano quest is a T6 quest and seeing people be able to pull the Queen to the side and killing her with 2 people is rediculous. They either need to expand the mobs range to go to the walls, or make her roam more into the mobs range.
    Just noticed the difference in why you are saying you want the queen to roam here between your OP and your last response. I'm getting the notion that you just want to make the game more difficult for others and make it impossible to finish the volcano questline or even do it, for those who don't have it already. I don't know if this is because you are max rating as a biped and don't care about others players with a lower rating, or you don't like how some people choose to play their game, or how they level, or what. Whatever it is, its not clear and i can't support anything with contrary reasons like this.

Then they added Dralnok's Doom for all the players at 100.
    It's not an area for low level players.
    Tell me again what players that are low level that have been in Doom again? I thought you had to be level 100 to get in there? Oh. You do. Well, that's end game. Are you saying that a dragon at max level is too low level to be in doom now? I'm really starting to think you just want this change for your own reasons not for reasons that would enrich the game or make it better for the rest of us who do play.

Players have as much right as you did to get everything in that volcano questline with the same amount of difficulty (or lack of as you see it) as you had. Ok, so you want it harder, but people don't agree with you and you just don't get it, that's the way it is. There is no need to sound like a jerk about it.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Tell me again what players that are low level that have been in Doom again? I thought you had to be level 100 to get in there? Oh. You do. Well, that's end game...
    You only have to be level 100 in 1 class, then do the quest to get in as the level 100 class. After that you can change to level 1 anything and still get it. (Is I believe the point he was getting at in the OP).

I don't have much opinion on the idea one way or the other. If she roamed around, you would just know to look out for her. Not really a big deal imho. I wouldn't make her go down every single nook and cranny though.

Son of Gigaroth roams a nice big area, and he's fine doing that.

Valkor used to roam around as well, not sure why he got changed back to only sticking to the castle. He was fine roaming around as well.

Heck, thinking a bit more, go ahead and let her roam, but only between her chamber, the egg chamber, and the big cavern outside the egg chamber. No roaming down the hallways.

The only problem I can see, is if her model would go outside the bounds of the hallways, assuming she was chasing someone. If she doesn't really fit, then as long as she will snap back and not follow, then yeah she can roam, if not, leave her tied to her chamber.

But at the minimum, she should really go check on her eggs at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post

Valkor used to roam around as well, not sure why he got changed back to only sticking to the castle. He was fine roaming around as well.
    And Neither Soggy nor Valk are immune to all damage unless you have a Specific Item on you.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    You only have to be level 100 in 1 class, then do the quest to get in as the level 100 class. After that you can change to level 1 anything and still get it. (Is I believe the point he was getting at in the OP).

I don't have much opinion on the idea one way or the other. If she roamed around, you would just know to look out for her. Not really a big deal imho. I wouldn't make her go down every single nook and cranny though.

Heck, thinking a bit more, go ahead and let her roam, but only between her chamber, the egg chamber, and the big cavern outside the egg chamber. No roaming down the hallways.

The only problem I can see, is if her model would go outside the bounds of the hallways, assuming she was chasing someone. If she doesn't really fit, then as long as she will snap back and not follow, then yeah she can roam, if not, leave her tied to her chamber.

But at the minimum, she should really go check on her eggs at least.
    I mention about the egg chamber is cause in the volcano quest line it mentions she chases you after you kill the 10 egg sacs. That's why it doesn't make sense for her to roam out in the main chamber. Plus you need an active heart to damage her.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; January 27th, 2016 at 12:33 AM.

The Volcano quest is a T6 quest and seeing people be able to pull the Queen to the side and killing her with 2 people is rediculous. They either need to expand the mobs range to go to the walls, or make her roam more into the mobs range. It's not an area for low level players.
    No. Absolutely no. It's difficult enough to kill her with 1 healer and 4 average dragon players. Just because a few rare players are capable of killing her with 2 does not mean that it should be made harder for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    However, I do like the idea of her roaming... if it were possible to have a mob roam outside their spawn, but when doing so, not engage in combat. For example, if she were to roam outside her chamber into the birthing chamber, then she could emit an aura that improves her minions (or adversely affects players), but she would only be acting in a "support mode"... but perhaps this is a discussion for another day.
    This I like, so long as she doesn't actually engage in combat while she roams then I would have no problem having her roam the whole myloc area every now and then so players who are NOT at the point in the volcano quest where they get the heart can continue their adventures in Doom to their heart's content. Only problem I could foresee with this though is what would happen when she's out roaming but a group wants to get her killed. Do they just wait until she wanders back to the right area? Do they use the heart to aggro her somewhere along her roaming? Do they spawn a non-roaming queen in the chamber just for the fight? (Spawned via Volcano quest)

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    No. Absolutely no. It's difficult enough to kill her with 1 healer and 4 average dragon players. Just because a few rare players are capable of killing her with 2 does not mean that it should be made harder for the rest of us.

This I like, so long as she doesn't actually engage in combat while she roams then I would have no problem having her roam the whole myloc area every now and then so players who are NOT at the point in the volcano quest where they get the heart can continue their adventures in Doom to their heart's content. Only problem I could foresee with this though is what would happen when she's out roaming but a group wants to get her killed. Do they just wait until she wanders back to the right area? Do they use the heart to aggro her somewhere along her roaming? Do they spawn a non-roaming queen in the chamber just for the fight? (Spawned via Volcano quest)
    I have to side with Macheon, but now I think of it can cause a lot of problems. I like the roaming into the egg sac room but that can cause a problem with people doing the quest to kill the egg sac. I only suggested cause after you beat them the texts states you escape from the queen. If you let her roam in big cavern it will cause problems with other players trying to do titles, do the doom questline, volcano, and multi-classing there biped. The problem with her roaming is her area attacks Volcanoic Eruption and Spirit Bomb attack I forget to factor that in, not many people can survive an attack from volcanic eruption. So I think letting her roam may cause more problems than it's worth. Finally, just cause a few rare players can duo her it's not right to make harder for the rest just cause you don't like that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I mention about the egg chamber is cause in the volcano quest line it mentions she chases you after you kill the 10 egg sacs. That's why it doesn't make sense for her to roam out in the main chamber. Plus you need an active heart to damage her.
    The Queen protecting her eggs? Makes perfect sense really. "It could interfere with a quest" Yeah, a quest to kill the Queen. Seems like it would be in her interest to do so. Seriously, it makes total sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    And Neither Soggy nor Valk are immune to all damage unless you have a Specific Item on you.
    And neither soggy nor valk can be killed be some random toon wandering around in the most dangerous parts of the game... In all three situations the player either runs or dies, so I am not seeing the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    The mob doesn't need to be any more difficult, completely agree. Not really seeing how her roaming would make it harder on the rest of you. I wouldn't want her patrolling down the hallways, that would get obnoxious.. The socialness of the queen with the normally spawning (in the other chambers) mylocs is the only thing I can see being a potential issue. I completely agree that having her charge up out of nowhere to someone hunting in the big chamber would get old. As long as her and her own spawned companions were not linked socially to the little mylocs in the big chamber, it wouldn't be a big deal, and might make it a bit more exciting to boot. All players would have to do is keep an eye out for her. And she shouldn't go down hallways that lead to dead ends.. trapping someone in that way wouldn't be right. But the big area, and especially her own egg chamber seem like fair game.
    Last edited by Guaran; January 27th, 2016 at 04:49 AM.

Thread Information