Thread: Nvidia Problems?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Nvidia Problems?

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with crashing to desktop more often?
    Now I know we have always had the problem but since I've been back (took a few months off for Fallout 4) I seem to crash ALOT more often.
    like I can log into the game move a little then recall back to Brist and crash.
    Porting seems to have increased the crashing too, it wasn't like this before. I could go a few hours before crashing but not now, the max I seem to get is about 20mins.

I'm running Windows 10 (patched up) on an Nvidia GTX860m MSI Apache pro.
    Fully scanned and the only mod added is the most recent map pack.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Nvidia Problems?

I'm on Windows 8 and have been flying around for about 40 minutes or more and haven't crashed. Laptop's got an nvidia chip. GTX... 650m, I want to say? My desktop runs Windows 7 and hasn't had many crashing issues either and has an nVidia GTX 750 TI, iirc.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Sounds like its probably some Windows 10 conflict or something, I did find another post from September last year that has the same crashing problems.
    I forgot to mention that at times all the text in-game disappears from window tabs and all.

I have windows 10, Nvidia GT720 and run 2 monitors. Played about 6 hrs straight today with no crashes. One thing I have noticed before is a lot of crashes are internet related. I will check my connection with WinMtR right after a crash and the connection will be bad compared to normal. Then it will come good again. There are many jumps to get around on the net and an issue along the line can affect game play. A good connection is when the Avrg is around 100 with 0 packet loss. Not sure if this is still the correct URL but its what I have been using. 68.142.64.210
    Last edited by Dacurly; January 24th, 2016 at 11:44 PM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    I forgot to mention that at times all the text in-game disappears from window tabs and all.
    This has happened a few times to me too.. And thinking about it, I do not think it started until after I upgraded to Windows 10.

Looks like i'll have to wait until the new Client build later in the year possibly before I return....

This is not a windows 10 issue. I crash on average every 3-5 ports, and have heard comments in game from many players experiencing the same issues, on multiple different operating systems.

I am wondering just how i'm going to be able to do a rift run for one of my chars.....cannot even hunt on Elnath without crashing so it will be......"fun" in the rift. ?

Group to me....."did you get the body part?"
    me to group....." nah I crashed just as we started to attack......can we do it again?"
    group to me....."god darn it! that's like the 5th time this run!!"

set your view distance to 25% of the slider, see if that helps.

That actually has seemed to improve the situation.
    Lasted 1.5 hours before I got an Unhandled exception.

Many thanks

I rarely crash, but I do notice that Dalimond is the one place that really hurts my frame rate and can crash often. Lots of trees and objects in scene. I did do my slider to about 33% a while back and didn't have any problems in Dalimond anymore. I hadn't thought about suggesting that. Nice call Guaran.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

So with the info I've gotten, ive managed to get the crashes down slightly......now does anyone have any info on how to lower "unhandled exceptions...would you like to send a report" desktop crashes? they seem to have increased :/

I'm sure the Devs are looking into the reports you send and working on a fix. I use to get a few of them, then they just stopped. I figured they found the problem and fixed it.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Most fixes occur from players who submit crash reports (the popup box that asks where you want to send in crash report). Yes, I realize not every crash produces that popup box. Thats when the devs need some extra help from players. Enable your debug/support logs (in hopes) you can crash while they are enabled and send those in via support ticket. Thats how you expedite weird crash fixes.

How to enable debug/support logs

In other words, keep support logs on if you're crashing often. If you happen to crash while the support logs are enabled, then jackpot! Send a .zip of your /logs folder zipped up (right after you crash, before you re-log back in). If you wait to send them and log back in, then those important logs gets moved to the /logs_old folder and you have to hunt for them.

If you logged in and realized you forgot to enable support logs from Troubleshoot button, you can still easily turn them on while in the game (without re-logging). Click Blue Dot, options, then Options Tab. First checkbox "Enable debug logs" box. It's now recording the good stuff.

The troubleshoot option (in game launcher) "Support logs - Output logs for support" is the exact same option in Game Options, Options + "Enable debug logs". The names are not similiar but 100% same.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 29th, 2016 at 05:00 AM.

Hmm....is there a way that they could make the 'you crashed blah blah' pop up gather that info and send it to them?
    Like a little program or something?
    I ask as I really don't think id want to be doing file zipping and emailing every time I crash.
    I know but I'm just lazy after I finished work, I want to help but.......

Well, wouldn't really have to do it everytime you crash. If you're crashing for the same reason, then one time would suffice.

Urgh..... I really want to play (its my rest week) but I cant stay in-game long enough to do any hunts before I crash :'(

Thread Information