Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding new trismus?

Default Rebuilding new trismus?

it's a sad sight to see new trismus become broken down like that.

i want to be able to help rebuild the town and maybe make it bigger and better with the help of the other players.

it's merely a suggestion but i would love to see new trismus be fixed.

Default Re: Rebuilding new trismus?

though we talked and discussed about that before-
    I still think its a dark, unfriedly impression for new players,
    and no reason to get toghteher in Tris to greet new players welcome or just chat/chill a bit.
    No other city could replace Trismus yet.
    So I am all for rebuilding it again. Maybe even more beautiful and auspicious than it was before.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I would be 100% for this, I miss having the main consigner in New Trismus and having a place where old players and new players hang out together. I would like it to be a way that both Dragons and Bipeds could help, maybe the first goal being to build a better, nicer wall for protection then llowing the main city to be rebuilt. I'd love to be a part of this new piece of lore and bringing players together myself!

I think we just need to change the name to Old Trismus... follow a similar concept to the Old and New Rachieval, so we can build a New new ​Trismus
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    I think we just need to change the name to Old Trismus... follow a similar concept to the Old and New Rachieval, so we can build a New new ​Trismus
    All in favor of New New Trismus being built on top of NT mountain, say aye...

In all seriousness now, I do think building a new NT would be a good idea. Or rebuilding the old one. The facts mentioned are definitely valid - it looks kinda desolate to new players and people no longer hang out there to give that good first impression of the game due to that.

However, we definitely don't want to get rid of all the content we got, either. I say we upgrade the old siege wall to one like around Bristugo. Perhaps "New" New NT is built over behind the portal? It's currently only filled with wolves and trees, which could just be moved to be mobs nearby the town. It's right off the path from the dragon areas (to the left of the path leading to new trismus as it is now) and can be easily linked to the road system. Therefore, we can keep the burnt out NT with a big wall, but we have a new area to retreat to that was built after the attacks in a safer area.

In case that's hard to visualize, here:

(Excuse my handwriting)

Yes ^^ lets build new one!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Thats a fantastic idea as well! Either way, I'd love to bring back the warm welcome I used to get when I was a new player.

building a new new trismus sounds like an amazing idea!

i support it.

Referring to my post, this is a very quicky (and terribly) done mock-up of how it'd look. I was racing against the crash to not lose my data, so just imagine that wall on the right is bigger and finished.

(I hid the trees but I imagine they still exist)

There would be a guard post outside and possibly a less shabby wall; inside there would be paths leading around and the ground might be a bit less grassy as a result of being walked on. Could be a barrack somewhere like in Dalimond for training soldiers to stave off future attacks.

Throw in some more buildings, adjust the textures, add a few paths... would look nice, at least in my mind.

The only issue is that this area would really need to be flattened out a bit. You may notice in the 2nd screenshot that the house clips into the cliff and floats around. Shouldn't be too hard, though

Love what you've done there Racktor, however, I'd suggest that (old)NT and (new)NT be kept completely separate, just as Old Rachieval and New Rachieval are separate, but that's just my 2 cents. That said, if we're pushing for new buildings on (old)NT, then what you've got is really nice. Basically some sort of military complex, a forward operating base, so to speak.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Referring to my post, this is a very quicky (and terribly) done mock-up of how it'd look. I was racing against the crash to not lose my data, so just imagine that wall on the right is bigger and finished.

(I hid the trees but I imagine they still exist)

There would be a guard post outside and possibly a less shabby wall; inside there would be paths leading around and the ground might be a bit less grassy as a result of being walked on. Could be a barrack somewhere like in Dalimond for training soldiers to stave off future attacks.

Throw in some more buildings, adjust the textures, add a few paths... would look nice, at least in my mind.

The only issue is that this area would really need to be flattened out a bit. You may notice in the 2nd screenshot that the house clips into the cliff and floats around. Shouldn't be too hard, though
    i like it.. just make a new connie in the new trimus.
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Love what you've done there Racktor, however, I'd suggest that (old)NT and (new)NT be kept completely separate, just as Old Rachieval and New Rachieval are separate, but that's just my 2 cents. That said, if we're pushing for new buildings on (old)NT, then what you've got is really nice. Basically some sort of military complex, a forward operating base, so to speak.
    Yeah that's what I meant, sorry. (Unless you mean on entirely different islands) The new NT is sort of more built up, more 'serious' looking, perhaps - it would use more buildings from Dalimond and Bristugo rather than just the old thatch ones and be focused a bit more on military. I'm thinking of it as an a safe retreat for citizens that are protected by an active militia/part of the military or, as you said, like an FOB with a civilian portion.

great plan Racky- love it
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Nope.

I can still read your handwriting.

Needs more work to be more obscure.

How flat or large is the space between the ore mine and the wood shop?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Darn, I'll work on it being more doctor-like.

As for that area... it's definitely not flat, it's a slope as far as I know, the entire way down.. but it's pretty large. It's about 216 meters long by around 50 meters wide. (Though it expands in the middle some to about 70 meters, I'd say) This is if you include the wood shop. Shave off ike.. 30 meters or something on the length if you don't include it.

For comparison, NT is nearly a square - about 82 by 72 meters. The area I screencapped earlier is 65m wide at the thinnest, 134m at the widest. It's around 154m long.

For those who are measurement impaired like me, it looks like this on the map:

I hope I guessed the area you were asking about right, Veruliyam...
    Here's the topography of it, anyway:

I have another suggestion about out expanding the New NT out from the old one or center it around the portal to make it into a hub.

Now that you mentionit, I do remember it sloping down to the wood shop.

How flat is the spot of land inland from the crescent that used to have the (derp) historians on it?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

The idear of making a new town ans splitting them into New and Old Trismus would add some nice new lore to the game. Also new Players would be welcomed into a more welcoming world since New Trismus got destroyed im seeing less players around. As i was a hatchie it was always full. At least Nightfur stays there when shes on :P. Ist a Island where Players get welcomed into the community and the game. Don`t leave it like this. I would just wish when a new town gets added that we might get the chance to build it? Like the wall at the destroyed town please XD.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    How flat is the spot of land inland from the crescent that used to have the (derp) historians on it?
    I think that's rather flat but it's kind of small. I'd have to look again, though, and I'm pretty sure the grassy part might actually have a slope down to it.. the sand is smooth, though. Hmm. It's been a while since I was there last.

There, just flew there on Racktor and it's pretty flat.

Very empty, too, minus those deer.

Hmmm flat but small. Your spot is best so far Racktor and it wouldn`t require much movement of the training spots and pads. Though if youre searching for flat spots how about the flat area where the camp once stood? I know ist through the blighted area but basically you could dig through the mountain from the shrine and you would be directly up there plus its morte or less a good position for defences since it`s only accessable from 2 Points comming from the blight. It`s more or less flat also. One or 2 strong adventurers could get rid of the nasty grouks and undeads wich are lurking up there .

horizons_1454261171.jpg

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Thread Information