Thread: zebra crossing ponds??

Default zebra crossing ponds??

I have big, black, ugly stripes in my ponds.
    Anyone else has that? Any ideas what I can do? ?

Thanks in advance
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: zebra crossing ponds??

Would you mind posting a screenshot, Lov? I've not seen this myself but a picture could help the devs, I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

Thanks in advance
    lov is your Graphics nvidia by chance?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

See Racky ? looks terrible.

Yes Calyndrell Lov and me have Nvidea and newest update and we both have graphic probs.

Thank you both for answering.

Flameus Nimrod: 100/100/100/100 Lupussan Nimrod: Adventure Rating 278 - Crafting Rating 234 GMC

That seems to be normal for this model.

horizons_1454692658.jpg

...and my pet got in the way lol.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

Ahhhh I see what you mean now. Do you have any mods that alter the texture/effect of water? Have you tried taking them out, by chance?

I think I've always seen this pond like this, though, and if not, it started after I installed a water mod. I also run on nVidia though.

I'm pretty sure this is not what ponds look like to me, and if I'm not mistaken I'm running istaria on my onboard Intel card (cooould be mistaken though)

I haven't checked one out in weeks though, I'll give it a go in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Ahhhh I see what you mean now. Do you have any mods that alter the texture/effect of water? Have you tried taking them out, by chance?

I think I've always seen this pond like this, though, and if not, it started after I installed a water mod. I also run on nVidia though.
    Whats water mod?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

Thanks in advance
    If you are not using a water mod - this is a side effect of the update that fixed how the game was handling shaders. For a (really long) while it was processing passes in a different way than it was supposed to.

When it was fixed - some of the water shaders blew up and don't work as intended anymore. Models that were made without noting that they'd have ripples (because of the bug making the ripples never show up) will need some adjustments to accommodate the newly working ripples. Ponds are definitely a model that will need an adjustment for this.

Fix incoming.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

While it's not pretty in a pond, but those ripples were actually suppose to be there (oceans, etc). Nvidia users might have noticed a very long time ago that the canal water in Tazoon turned into this ugly algae green water. That was a bug that was fixed around June 2015.

I happened to have an old email with screenshots. Top half was after fix, bottom have was before fix. Even the map picked up those weird colors (right half of image).

Here's how the ocean looked, top half was before fix, bottom half after:

It actually used to show the "fixed" version a very long time ago. At some point something got broke and everyone got used to it. The bottom image is how we see the ocean at this moment in time.

But sounds like Frosthide is on it
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Nvidia users might have noticed a very long time ago that the canal water in Tazoon turned into this ugly algae green water. That was a bug that was fixed around June 2015.
    horizons_1454753076.jpg

That kind of algae green? I always thought it was because Tazoon's water system wasn't too well...developed yet
    Last edited by Azath; February 6th, 2016 at 09:19 AM. Reason: I actually dont use nvidia but i've always thought the green patches in the water thing was wierd

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    horizons_1454753076.jpg

That kind of algae green? I always thought it was because Tazoon's water system wasn't too well...developed yet
    Welp, that explains why nobody lives there anymore *chuckles* anyhow, in all seriousness, it's great that this is finally fixed even if it bugs up the odd pond or two hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    horizons_1454753076.jpg

Is that a recent screenshot, you see the water like that today? If so, what video card do you use?

Does anyone else still see Tazoon water like this screenshot in quote?

Well as long as there isn't any lead in it...

Back when the plague struck, those without the antidote could only get rid of it by dying. To avoid transmitting the plague as a Gifted, I tried jumping in the Tazoon waterways and sitting down to drown. It did not work; it was possible to breathe under the Tazoon water. I wonder if the algae makes it possible to drown now?
    *hopes the algae will not make anyone sick*

Quote Originally Posted by Frosthide View Post
    If you are not using a water mod - this is a side effect of the update that fixed how the game was handling shaders. For a (really long) while it was processing passes in a different way than it was supposed to.

When it was fixed - some of the water shaders blew up and don't work as intended anymore. Models that were made without noting that they'd have ripples (because of the bug making the ripples never show up) will need some adjustments to accommodate the newly working ripples. Ponds are definitely a model that will need an adjustment for this.

Fix incoming.
    No mods used here- so we wait for the fix.

Thank you all- that is Istaria- you`re never left alone a prob or an annoyance. Best world of all:-)^^

another thing I just saw:

the pond in front of cleric tower shows no water inside (for me)
    and some other Istarian (not player-build) ponds look like they were moved by a tsunami- very artificial (pond on top of Mia`s Edge e.g.)
    jfyi- hope its all the same prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Is that a recent screenshot, you see the water like that today? If so, what video card do you use?

Does anyone else still see Tazoon water like this screenshot in quote?
    Yes, that's a recent screnshot. I assume i'm to submit a bug ticket then?

It's some inbuilt Intel HD Graphics Card.

Would seem that the built in graphic cards might lack the features of external cards to how it handles the shaders. Could be a matter of seeing if there are any new driver updates for the card. Would suggest checking the manufacturer's website or looking in the Windows Update screen in control panel. Normally graphic drivers do show up in Windows Update, but does not install automatically. They appear under the "Optional" tab. You'd have to manually check that box, if it appears, and then click the Update button manually. Not sure if this would fix the issue or not.

Thread Information