Thread: Request to Readdress Determination and Primal Roar

Default Request to Readdress Determination and Primal Roar

I'll start off with, players, let's try to avoid over-reacting to what I'm about to say. Yeah? Cool? Good!

This is particularly aimed at the devs to reconsider two of dragon's main abilities.

Several months back, Determination and Primal Roar were moved to the Gift Slots. This was done with the players anticipating its timer to either be increased or left alone.

Instead, quite the opposite happened, its timer was reduced to 30 mins from an hour, but it was left in the 'Gift' Slot.

I remember discussing with the team that many abilities that were originally going to be moved to the Gift Slots were originally about an hour long, such as Safety, Aura of Power, Shimmer Field, among others.

These were met with strong resistance and eventually we were able to compromise by reducing their lengths from hour long to either 30 or 45 minutes long, depending upon the buff.

As a result, we also expected Determination and Primal Roar to either get a boost in timer to make it a gift, or it would be taken out of the Gift Slot if its time was reduced.

The problem now is... these two abilities have been left as 'Gifts' but are only 30 minutes long. This has become, more often than not, a problem when getting into a party to say, fight an epic boss or something.

Myself, among others have more often than not opted not to activate either of those abilities, because they take away a slot from a Gift Slot.

A number of us believed that this was only a temporary problem and we had been told it would be addressed. This came about the same time as the changes to Gold Rage, so it has been quite a long while.

I'm sure many of us who feel the same would like the team to reconsider this change. Several months is more than ample time to fix a mistake and I don't believe this would be 'working as intended' because the two abilities in question are not worth a gift slot, certainly not with a 30 minute timer.

However, if you desire to keep it as a gift item, then please adjust the timer accordingly. Thanks for your consideration.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Default Re: Request to Readdress Determination and Primal Roar

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    I'll start off with, players, let's try to avoid over-reacting to what I'm about to say. Yeah? Cool? Good!

This is particularly aimed at the devs to reconsider two of dragon's main abilities.

Several months back, Determination and Primal Roar were moved to the Gift Slots. This was done with the players anticipating its timer to either be increased or left alone.

Instead, quite the opposite happened, its timer was reduced to 30 mins from an hour, but it was left in the 'Gift' Slot.

I remember discussing with the team that many abilities that were originally going to be moved to the Gift Slots were originally about an hour long, such as Safety, Aura of Power, Shimmer Field, among others.

These were met with strong resistance and eventually we were able to compromise by reducing their lengths from hour long to either 30 or 45 minutes long, depending upon the buff.

As a result, we also expected Determination and Primal Roar to either get a boost in timer to make it a gift, or it would be taken out of the Gift Slot if its time was reduced.

The problem now is... these two abilities have been left as 'Gifts' but are only 30 minutes long. This has become, more often than not, a problem when getting into a party to say, fight an epic boss or something.

Myself, among others have more often than not opted not to activate either of those abilities, because they take away a slot from a Gift Slot.

A number of us believed that this was only a temporary problem and we had been told it would be addressed. This came about the same time as the changes to Gold Rage, so it has been quite a long while.

I'm sure many of us who feel the same would like the team to reconsider this change. Several months is more than ample time to fix a mistake and I don't believe this would be 'working as intended' because the two abilities in question are not worth a gift slot, certainly not with a 30 minute timer.

However, if you desire to keep it as a gift item, then please adjust the timer accordingly. Thanks for your consideration.
    I will have to agree with you. They need a boost to remain as gifts make them more useful including for adv and craft.

Yep. I pretty much stopped playing a dragon after those changes and to retrun to istaria and realise the duration had changed was kinda confusing, lol.

But anyway, i don't see a good reason for it to be 30 minutes? I mean...it used to be an hour...to move it to a gift slot was already kinda annoying, but not as annoying as needing to rebuff every 30 mins especially during grinding and boss fights.

And while i can definitely see an arguement to say: what's the point? only saves a few seconds of ones fight, i would say the delay makes it annoying to rebuff. As well, dragons are already buff-reliant, its pretty annoying to need to rebuff every 15-30 mins and the less buffs to renew the better.
    (And i mean....why was it even shortened in the first place? i don't see any reason for it.)

Where ever my mate is sleeping...otherwise,wherever Murnos isn't.

*gives stamp of approval* I agree completely with this and believe one of two things should be done to correct this.

Option one: make both determination and primal roar worth the spot they now hold by increasing the timer to two hours just like any other gift.

Option two: Remove them from the gift slots and put them back in the buffs lineup with the current 30 minute timer.

I personally would prefer option 2,ecspecially when it comes to fighting epics,those gift slots would be nice for some ped gifts.

Yes, please extend to 2 hours like all gifts.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Will bump them to 1 hour for next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you so much, Amon!

I'm certain I speak for all of us when I say 'We appreciate your attention and willingness to work with us'.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard

Thanks Amon, he is a very nice person. I'm glad he is willing to work with us to make istaria better.

YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Will bump them to 1 hour for next patch.
    Hello again Devs,

I know the team generally doesn't like to say things that seem like promises, but I'd have to relate to this post.

As I understand it, there have been at least two patches since I started this thread and I'd logged in to check on the abilities in question as pertaining to this topic.

I'm not sure if its an error, or an oversight, but they still seem to be at 30 mins for duration. I'd just like to make a friendly reminder here and hopefully bring it back to your attention, instead of starting an entirely new thread, or submitting a ticket.

Thank you for your time, patience, and understanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    Hello again Devs,

I know the team generally doesn't like to say things that seem like promises, but I'd have to relate to this post.

As I understand it, there have been at least two patches since I started this thread and I'd logged in to check on the abilities in question as pertaining to this topic.

I'm not sure if its an error, or an oversight, but they still seem to be at 30 mins for duration. I'd just like to make a friendly reminder here and hopefully bring it back to your attention, instead of starting an entirely new thread, or submitting a ticket.

Thank you for your time, patience, and understanding!
    the past few patches have been Client updates, not Deltas, Deltas are the ones that contain real content like the changing of timers, spawns, items, etc.

So it's coming, and more, but it first needs to be turned into a Blight Delta, which has to be tested on blight, and then moved to Live.

Thread Information