Thread: Shanii back to Istaria: need help

Default Shanii back to Istaria: need help

Hello folks !

firstly Im happy to comming back after lot of years, as I always keep eyes on news and wiki, I never forgot basics ( schools, stats ...). But today, I want to play and I need help if you have few time to gives me.
    I would like to understand rules for aggro, for better exp etc ... indeed; I have 2 caracters I can play on the same time, a high lvl crafter pixies with low lvl adventure schools ( rat 44 war 44) with lvl 100 good jewellery set.
    And another caracter, elve lvl 100 ranger, 90 cleric and not really good stuff.

My main Goal is to lvl up as better as I can my pixies, that's why I need to understand if I have to be on the same party or if it's better to hunt with my pixies, and out of the party, my other caracter with heal and CoT for example ?

And finally, I see lot of news I don't understand, just like srolls, pets etc ... is there any tips I have to know about it for better adventure experiences ?

Sorry if my topic seems confused anyway if you want to see me in game I just have to download; my caracters name are Jhiin_unity_redrallow and Shanii

Thanks

Default Re: Shanii back to Istaria: need help

Welcome back to Istaria, I certainly hope you enjoy your time here
    If your goal is to level up your dryad as quickly as possible, so long as you can keep that character alive with your ranger, it's best to hunt high-level creatures with your ranger and let your other character hang back within range but out of danger.

Pets are very useful, regardless of which ones you have but it of course depends on the situation. There are two types, the "craft versions:" wolf, spider, and both beetles that act as essentially a second cargo disk and the "combat versions:" all 3 of the bots which provide a passive buff when equipped and an active buff when used, however the bots require automaton power cells to be used but they can be looted fairly easily from the mobs in Old Rachival.

Scrolls have a good variety of uses and are generally a good thing to have but obviously not necessary for a good experience. Gift scrolls, raise scrolls, enhance scrolls, resist scrolls, ward scrolls, and healing scrolls simply allow you to get the spell effect of the same name as the scroll without needing to be in the "proper" school to use the spell. So as a Warrior you can get enhance buffs by using scrolls without needing to swap to Cleric or another mystic class to buff. Travel scrolls allow you to travel to the city named on the scroll from anywhere no matter how overburdened you are. Shielding scrolls are some of the more fun ones, they shield you from a certain damage type while also damaging enemies that hit you with that damage type, so fighting ice golems with shield of flame up would work nicely as they will be getting flame damage every time they hit you.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I too just came back from a long absence. I saw some people with pets. Where do you get them?

It depends which server board I think is which.

I'm not sure if there are non-loyalty pets, but I know the loyalty ones are bought from one of the NPCs in Bristugo, if I'm not mistaken. I think they're called 'Loyalty Vendor' as a school. Would need a confirmation on that, I really can't remember clearly

there is a number of pets you can get:

Cargo Pets:
    • Goliath Beetle, Flying, 5000 Bulk, 2 stacks - 8 Loyalty Tokens.
    • Black Widow Spider, Ground-bound, 5000 Bulk, 2 stacks - 8 Loyalty Tokens.
      ---
    • Eostre Beetle, Flying, 2000 bulk, 5 stacks
    • Winter Pup, Ground-bound, 2500 bulk, 2 stacks

The Eostre Beetle is a reward from a riddle at the Spring Festival.
    The Winter Pup is a reward from a questline for Gnomekindle/the Winter Festival.
    ___
    Battle Pets:
    • CombataBot, +20 Dexterity, +20 Strength, Use ability: CombataBot Fury
      • +5 % Damage for Melee attacks
      • Duration 15:00
      • Consumes one Automata Power Cell
    • SpellaBot, +20 Focus, +20 Power, Use Ability: SpellaBot Fury
      • +5 % Damage for Spell attacks
    • MediBot, +100 Health, Use Ability: Medibot Regeneration
      • Heals 5% of current Health
      • Frequency 0:10

These are all obtained at the aforementioned loyalty vendor in Bristugo for 4 loyalty tokens each.
    ___
    Shoulder Pets:
    • Cedar Dragon Shoulder Treant, +15 Blight and Nature Resistance, -10 Flame and Slash Resistance
    • Cedar Shoulder Treant, +15 Blight and Nature Resistance, -10 Flame and Slash Resistance
    • Dragon's Phoenix of Loyalty.
    • Elm Dragon Shoulder Treant, +25 Blight and Nature resistance, -20 Flame and Slash Resistance
    • Elm Shoulder Treant, +25 Blight and Nature resistance, -20 Flame and Slash Resistance
    • Green Gummy Maggot Shoulder Pet
    • Green Gummy Spider Shoulder Pet
    • Maple Dragon Shoulder Treant, +75 Blight and Nature Resistance, -50 Flame and Slash Resistance
    • Maple Shoulder Treant, +75 Blight and Nature Resistance, -50 Flame and Slash Resistance
    • Oak Dragon Shoulder Treant, +50 Blight and Nature Resistance, -35 Flame and Slash Resistance
    • Oak Shoulder Treant, +50 Blight and Nature Resistance, -35 Flame and Slash Resistance
    • Phoenix of Loyalty
    • Red Gummy Maggot Shoulder Pet
    • Red Gummy Spider Shoulder pet
    • Shoulder Aegror
    • Shoulder Bessie
    • Shoulder Gargoyle
    • Shoulder Jungle Spider
    • Shoulder Longhorn
    • Shoulder Moobasa
    • Shoulder Moothuselah
    • Shoulder Purple Spider
    • Shoulder Robot
    • Yew Dragon Shoulder Treant, +105 Blight and Nature Resistance, -75 Flame and Slash Resistance
    • Yew Shoulder Treant, +105 Blight and Nature Resistance, -75 Flame and Slash Resistance

-The Treants are the only ones that provide a buff.
    -The Treants and the Phoenix are the only ones equipable for dragons.
    -The Phoenixes are sold by the Loyalty vendor for 5 tokens each.
    -All other Shoulder Pets can be gotten at the Winter Festival.
    ___

-You can only have a cargo or battle pet equipped, not both at the same time, and pets get their own equipment slot in the equipment window.
    -Battle pets will not fight for you, they only provide a passive and active boost, provided you have the Automata Power Cell.
    -Shoulder pets are equipped in the shoulderpad slots for bipeds, I can't exactly remember for dragons though, I think it's chest?

___

For more info you can always check out This site

Yes. Dragon shoulder pets take the chest scale slot.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming the loyalty tokens are the "deliverables" I see on the login screen? It says I have 1/67

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm assuming the loyalty tokens are the "deliverables" I see on the login screen? It says I have 1/67
    yep, you recieve one for each month of subscription that you've had, so in total you have 67 redeemable tokens of loyalty (you gain a few more for the larger prepaid options)

You don't need to worry about the shoulder pets, as they take the equipment spot for a piece of armor. Using the shoulderpads will always be superior. The battle pets give a minor 15 minute buff, and it has a 30 minute recycle. So it will have "down time". Think of them more as a fun item, but don't worry about it for now if you do not have the loyalty tokens just yet needed to get one.

The capacity pets are most useful as you can recall and teleport with them equipped, but there will be a teleport cost for the bulk. These are good for running around adventuring, if you are say gathering tech comps or trophies off a mob. Those items will stack and fit in the pet disk, which can be handy especially if your character still has the smaller backpacks. These pets are useful for both crafters and adventurers.

You mentioned the Ranger is level 100, but doesn't yet have the best gear. I'd recommend starting out building t5 gear (3 tech slots per piece) using t3 techs (easy to obtain, only 2 comps total per tech needed, cheap comps if purchased), and then hunting for the t5 comps needed to upgrade the gear. As Machaeon mentioned, the fastest way to level the lower level toon will to hunt the highest level mobs your higher level toon can kill, while the lower toon hangs back. Once both toons get 1 or 2 schools to 100, they can likely solo hunt for themselves and get more exp. but don't mistake the value of hunting in a group with friends. It gives somewhat less exp (the more characters are in the group) but the kills go much faster. The leveling goes faster this way for a long time, and doesn't really get impacted too badly until around rating 190, by which time the toon should be able to fend for themselves.

Once you get to a really high rating over 205 or so, you will want to switch to trophy hunting to level schools. Others prefer killing maggots in doom. Both are grindy but trophies actually go faster. Of course all of this is a ways down the road...

The fun part will be figuring out the multiclass build you want to make.

The primary groupings will be Arcane, Mystic, Melee, or Ranged.

Arcane is mage/wizard/sorcerer/conjuror spellcaster build.

Mystic is healer/spiritist/druid/shaman spellcaster build.

Melee has many choices, the best of which crossover with either Arcane (Knight of Creation/Battlemage/Flame Disciple/Ice Disciple) or Mystic (Reaver/Paladin/Guardian/Storm Disciple/Spirit Disciple) schools.

For Ranged you've got Ranger and Elemental Archer (take both to 100 to max out bow skill) using Scout to 20 as a base. Ranger is the more popular of those 2 since it can use the mystic spells. (Elar should really get to use the Arcane spells so it's comparable to Ranger).

The fun part is figuring out the mix of skills and mastered abilities you want. Because even if you will play as a Paladin, you will want some Mage levels for Perfect Spell, Multicast, and so that you can have at least some level of Flame Attack, Ice Attack, Energy Attack. Some mobs are resistant to some damage types and vulnerable to others. For example, being able to change to flame damage while playing as a warrior is very beneficial, even if its just Flame Attack I you use.
    Last edited by Guaran; February 9th, 2016 at 01:36 AM.

Thread Information