Thread: Help installing?

Default Help installing?

OK so this is what is happening... installed the link for full game download, tried to install jlauncher update but it said that there must be a working Istaria install, am I missing a step or something? thanks.

Default Re: Help installing?

ok well its definitely not my download source ran the setup from the "download istaria" page as well as the one over on the devs side I click "play istaria" but it tells me I'm missing jlauncher.exe.... cant install the jlauncher update because it says I need a working istaria installed....?

Here is a link to some troubleshooting on the support site.
    https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=70
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

I installed Istaria fresh on a different pc about a month ago, using the download. I didn't need to do the jlauncher update I don't think... Just make sure you have the newest Java VM's installed. Java 8u73 (and install both the 32bit and 64bit versions if your OS is 64bit). Then try again. Java website: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Java 8 requires Windows 8!

I get an update notice for Java, but it is denied, since I'm still on Windows XP.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

You clicked on the Full Game Download from http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/download ? It should have taken about a couple of seconds to download that file. Once you start the install process it will begin download many files which should take at minimum 1 hour. Does that seemed like it happened?

You said you tried to download the jLauncher update. That is for those who already have the game installed and might possibly need an update to the launcher program. If you did not click the Full Game Download link and spent 1-2 hours waiting on it to download "pieces" of the game, then that's likely the problem.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Java 8 requires Windows 8!

I get an update notice for Java, but it is denied, since I'm still on Windows XP.
    Windows 7 is also good enough for Java 1.8
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

OK so I got the java updated an dI got jlauncher now but it says unable to access the jarfile when I double click it running windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Daewa View Post
    OK so I got the java updated an dI got jlauncher now but it says unable to access the jarfile when I double click it running windows 10
    are you running as administrator? I know istaria can get really iffy about admin rights.

yep I have been running it as administrator. I'm not sure but is there supposed to be other folders other than resources and world cache?

Quote Originally Posted by Daewa View Post
    yep I have been running it as administrator. I'm not sure but is there supposed to be other folders other than resources and world cache?
    I'm not sure how many of these should be present once the install is done, but here's what I have:

-_miles
    -Crash_reports
    -Documentation
    -External
    -Lib
    -Logs
    -Logs_old
    -Packages
    -Prefs
    -Resources
    -Resources_override (for mods)
    -Screenshots
    -Version_info
    -Wold_Cache

Ok that makes me think the win10 wxplorer called edge is what has held me up can anyone confirm this before I attempt another dl?

Windows 10 has Internet Explorer too, try it or get Chrome and try it. Edge don't work very good IMHO. Internet Explorer is in All Apps, Windows Accessories in Windows 10. (could be a reason MS kept it in there).
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

well that didn't work either. downloaded it using internet explorer and for a test I completely disabled all my firewalls and defender (have put them back up afterward obviously) still giving me the Unable to access Jarfile ....launcher2.jar going to try to get a dev to remote access and see what is happening.

Thread Information