Thread: Possible lair reconstruction

Default Possible lair reconstruction

Since I have started playing a little again, I started thinking about doing a total reconstruction of my lair in Chiconis. The one right behind the shrine. I thought to do it as a T6 crafting lair but at the rate that I'm able to play right now, it would probably take me the better part of a year to complete the craft & storage chambers. And that is being optimistic. Personal chambers are a secondary concern. I'm wondering if there are many that use the T4 craft chambers that are currently in the lair and if it would cause anyone major inconvenience if I tore it all down. Not asking for help rebuilding if I do tear it down but if anyone wanted to throw extra construction materials at it to get it in opened back up again I would not mind. Final intent is a top tier craft center for Chiconis.

Thanks.

Default Re: Possible lair reconstruction

Hmm as far as I know everyone uses Chasings lair with t6 machines in Clearport guild so I don't think that will be any inconvenience.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Well, I got all the T6 craft chambers built in the lair. I tried to arrange them in a pattern of most used to least (for a dragon, at least) so they have a good flow. Soon as I get the hall finished and move my personal stuff into it, I'll throw open the storage in everything L0 to L2 to anyone that wishes to use it. Couple of libraries will also be open on L0 if anyone wants to drop off extra forms or snatch ones they need. Hopefully players will respect that but there will always be someone that grabs everything, I'm sure.

Lower levels will be "personal" and with that in mind, I've started playing around with building some "fluff" lair chambers. Need to take advantage of feeling creative again while it lasts. Hopefully I'll come up with something good.

Wow. Sorry didnt know you need that much help. The first chambers were done so fast. Ill help now and then ofc. I wanna wait with my own lair anyway untill they (maybe) bring out the new lairs.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

I've been away for quite a while... there are new lairs possibly coming?

No problem, Pryzm. That was just a statement of future intent that might help Chiconis get a little more lively if players find the lair useful. It is taking longer to finish the hall because I ran out of T5 & 6 novians from deconstructing the previous incarnation. It'll get there.

Kerech, by new lairs do you mean chambers? Nothing officially at this point. I don't really work directly on the game any longer though I'm trying to help out a little here and there. I'm just currently kicking around ideas of things I would like to have and will hope that they are found acceptable when finished and added. Kind of out there doing my own thing when time permits me.

Tonight I'm taking a bit of a break from lair crafting in game to..., well..., lair crafting outside of the game....for the game. If that makes any sense.

With new lairs i mean whole new lairs. I asked a dev if a custom lair is possible. He said no but since so many players like me seem to find no home for good, he said the devs might add new lairs in the future and that i should keep an eye open if they ask for suggestions in the forums.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Ah, that makes sense.

The thing is, there are a lot of lairs sitting empty around, but they are either odd dimensions, or the first floor is pretty much unusable due to terrain issues, so it makes them less than desirable. A lot of lairs that were formerly undesirable, based on location (when I last played), are better now that the portals have been expanded.

Sorry for derailing your thread Solitaire

Hey, Solitaire, I think I'm stuck in your lair. I was looking for a smelter and fell down a hole and now I'm stuck in a chamber with a stone cutter and part of a scholars' desk poking out of the floor. I'm loaded down with a full cargo disk, pet, and scalepack, and I can't find a ramp back out.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

if that's the case your only solution may be to find a vault or have another player come to you with a travel scroll.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

That is odd that happened. Did you /setscale anything? The lair appears to be normal to me.

First chamber you enter is the smelting chamber. Straight ahead from the entrance and follow the ramp around going down.

Often you see old structures from old owners or deleted ones in lairs if you don`t clear your cache. Restart the game and clear your world cache. It might help removing the stonecutter in the floor and that hole you found. Detach your cargo disk if you dont have a vault in reach and recall. Come back with an empty inventory to get your disk. It will attack when youre over it. Doesn`t matter how far i think. Just be exactly over it.

Clearing the world cache worked! Thanks! Looks like I was actually on a ramp in a bigger chamber the whole time.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Thread Information