Thread: Live client 389.33.1: sleep animation not working for me

Question Live client 389.33.1: sleep animation not working for me

Hey,

Whenever I type /sleep, and I hit enter, my dragon doesn't do the animation thing. Anyone know how to fix this?

If so, thanks.

Sincerely, iceslayer Frostybreath

Default Re: Live client 389.33.1: sleep animation not working for me

Mine was sitting instead of sleep. I removed any Commands_player.def I had in resources_override folder and patched again. that worked.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Ok I will try that, thanks

It depends which server board I think is which.

It won't work if you have any of these files in resources_override:

Commands_Player.def
    dragona_u_anim_standard.def
    dragonj_u_anim_standard.def
    dragon_u_anim_standard.def

Failing that, empty out resources_override and check. If that works, try to single out which mod is conflicting. If it's not working still, do a full scan and log in.

Ok I got it working! Thank you! ^^

Well it works for me but I have noticed that it looks like my vent is trying to consume both my hind legs..... wouldn't the sit pose have worked better but with its head obviously lowered?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I'm not sure what it's doing for you, honestly, but the legs are positioned like this:

The left is the sleep, the right is the sit. To me, splayed out like the sit looked extremely uncomfortable. Though, for the sake of it, I just checked the sitting animation and lowered the head down. It looks okayish, but there's a very large bump where the model sort of messes up with the neck and chest. It honestly looks broken.

On the note of hindlegs, I did make another variation of the animation that looks like this:

It's hard to position the legs in a way that doesn't look really broken or sort of squashed together. The variation here wasn't being very nice with the wings on the hatchling and looked sort of even more broken compared to the prior from some angles... so I settled with what I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I'm not sure what it's doing for you, honestly, but the legs are positioned like this:

The left is the sleep, the right is the sit. To me, splayed out like the sit looked extremely uncomfortable. Though, for the sake of it, I just checked the sitting animation and lowered the head down. It looks okayish, but there's a very large bump where the model sort of messes up with the neck and chest. It honestly looks broken.

On the note of hindlegs, I did make another variation of the animation that looks like this:

It's hard to position the legs in a way that doesn't look really broken or sort of squashed together. The variation here wasn't being very nice with the wings on the hatchling and looked sort of even more broken compared to the prior... so I settled with what I had.
    (ooh my bad i shoulda specified I use soli's sit mod)
    As you said the left is yours but it looks way to squished as there no where for the leg muscles to go. and I know what your saying about the wings on hatchies but the bottom version looks more natural to how i see just about any animal lie down. (well frogs might but not sure and my dragon isn't a frog).

Ahhhh that makes a lot more sense xD

I was sort of referencing off of a pose like this when it came to the legs:

The second variation was actually referenced off of Soli's relaxed sit, but the legs are actually crossed. I'll probably revisit it at some point and fix it up, as I've seen 2 (I think 2) people complain about the legs so far. If anything I could just post it as a mod anyway. But yeah, I do see where people are coming from: the legs are indeed rather bunched up. (And they do clip within each other some) I just wasn't really sure the lesser of the evils when looking at it on the hatchling

Right now though I've been trying to juggle a lot of things.. probably will have time to mess with it this weekend though.

the relaxed one,even though it cuts through hatchies wing looks more natural imho.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
    the relaxed one,even though it cuts through hatchies wing looks more natural imho.
    Have to agree with you Tilithia. That is more natural looking. With anatomy drawing we were always taught to put the subject in as realistic a pose as possible. I have never seen a dog, cat, lion, bear, cow or other quadruped properly sleep with its legs under squished up under it like that. They might temporarily have their legs close to their bodies like the current sleep emote is when they are stalking or waiting (as in obedience training) but they never stay like that when relaxed and resting.

Its ok, just needs the anatomy adjusted to look more natural and relaxed.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Really? Never tucked or scrunched up?

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Well, honestly, cats are a different story. Ever hear of catloafing? Both my kitties sleep in a catloaf pose. Kinda looks like this:

But they keep their head up. (And my other cat sleeps in poses I swear breaks her bones but that's another story...)
    Edit: Seems Veruliyam beat me to this xD

Anyway, I am fixing up the version I showed earlier, but I'll post it as a mod for now. I'm not sure how many people prefer the current version.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Well, honestly, cats are a different story. Ever hear of catloafing? Both my kitties sleep in a catloaf pose. Kinda looks like this:

But they keep their head up. (And my other cat sleeps in poses I swear breaks her bones but that's another story...)
    Edit: Seems Veruliyam beat me to this xD

Anyway, I am fixing up the version I showed earlier, but I'll post it as a mod for now. I'm not sure how many people prefer the current version.
    Yep cats are messengers from satan and are eternally plotting to over throw us... That's not the cats 'LOAFING' that's the cat communing with the underworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Yep cats are messengers from satan and are eternally plotting to over throw us... That's not the cats 'LOAFING' that's the cat communing with the underworld.
    on a more serious note, sure, that's a pose cats take, you know, agile creatures, but I don't think the highest stat in a dragon is their dexterity.

Off topic?^^

Flameus Nimrod: 100/100/100/100 Lupussan Nimrod: Adventure Rating 278 - Crafting Rating 234 GMC

Lol Flameus, considering the topic right now, probably on topic still.

@Meepsa: Well, a lot of the time I tend to imagine dragons to be sort of catlike, like how Toothless is animated in How To Train Your Dragon. But I guess Istarian dragons are a bit more bulky and a lot less bendy than my own style :P

But anyway, here's the other variation for those looking for it.

Thread Information