Thread: Dragon's Having Wing Colors?

Default Dragon's Having Wing Colors?

I thought since dragons got new colors, their should be a color to the dragon's wing webs and mostly the color to whole wing. If you don't know what the web is, it's the way of how the dragon can fly.

http://cyndernar.deviantart.com/art/...ower-551079630
    The picture I draw with my dragon having red in between my wings is the wing web.

But my idea was to have the ability to be able to have an option on the character creation to have a wing web. (No new colors.)

It would make dragons be more colorful plus it would just be awesome.

Anyone agree? :3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Those who hate, are filled with dishonor.
    But those who have peace in their heart will find a heavenly future.

Default Re: Dragon's Having Wing Colors?

It is possible. Before I left working on the game I was working with this idea. It would have changed the colors of both the wings and the fins. There are some considerations that go along with it that have to be taken into account. You can't modify the existing characters in the game. There would need to be a lot of modifications made system and database side on the characters to keep that from happening.

It is my biggest regret for things left unfinished when I found life interfering with my ability to work on and even play Istaria. I still hope that someday I could finish it.

Below is a screen shot from when I hacked the colored membranes into the client.

membrane test v2.jpg

Nice design, I have been wanting to awaken this idea because I have been thinking threw it. Because I have been hoping for some good ideas to make this idea I got become real. ^.^

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ane-Color-Mod)

this is just wings but I really look forward to back membranes and earfins membranes being colored like that too some day.
    Last edited by Tilithia; March 5th, 2016 at 05:00 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I can always add the membranes and earfins because I also want this idea to expansion to make it a little bigger than it is. Because their can be an option to having the character creation to having the same color or separate colors.

I'd also like it if there were options to just color the underneath of the membrane as well! That's what I use the mod for, it adds to my dragon's design without detracting from the spots on the top of her wings. It'd be cool to have them colored grey like I'd want them to be though!

I can add any idea you have to make it more grand. Because I have made this so their is no need for mods and that their will be more colors instead of just have a mod to only have one.

I still have all my test assets from back then so I can dig into it and remember how it all worked. My memory of it is hazy now. Perhaps if I get all the assets together and a design document on how it all works and describe the client/database changes that need to be made, then maybe someone currently working on the game could pick up from there and push it through. I can't speak for the current devs, though. They are a busy bunch.

I will have to go back and cut out the 15 membranes again from the grayscale textures. When the original artist made the original full color textures that the tintable textures are based on, the wing fingers were drawn just a bit differently on each one. I used the UV map from the model as a guide for cutting them out but that made it so the fingers ended up looking thin and parts of the texture were missing or were in the wrong places like you see in the screen shot I posted above.

I suppose while I am at it I could do the claws and mouth color as well because I originally wanted to have them as creation options too. Options for the teeth and horn colors were also on my list but they are beyond what I'm capable of doing at this time. Teeth and horns use the same part of the texture for color so they need to be separated which involves changing all of the head models and textures. I have some big changes coming up in my life soon so I don't have a lot of free time to do it.

I see that you spent a lot of work, I have tried using many mods but I do see the different designs you made are and can be very interesting. to everyone having different designs of how the membranes, wing web, and full wing color. Please give a description. But I do see what your telling me Solitare.

New update to the idea is that their will be the idea of having color to the membranes along with color around, the wings will be able to have color to the wing web and/or full wing, plus color to the fin and possibly other color to all the heads. If their is any other ideas anyways has, please tell me because I will be making a ticket tomorrow.

Solitaire has said to me that it has been a work on progress and I shall be supporting Solitaire. So please do not reply in this thread.

I'm going to work on it. But keep in mind that I'm not really a dev on the game any longer. It'll take a lot of work that will include client and database changes to all the existing dragons so that IF the time can be made to make those changes and the color choices make it in, it won't alter the appearance of existing dragons without the player knowing it will happen. The membrane cutouts will have to be attached to each existing dragon, matching the correct skin of the 15 that exist and matching the base skin color. Otherwise your dragon is going to be different.

I am a little concerned about how the stripes and spots are going to look where they will cross over the border of the membrane texture to base texture if the colors are different. Back when I was testing my proof of concept, I hacked the client to use the stripe colors to give the membranes their colors. So I could not see how real strips would work. Something in my memory tells me that there is something funky about how that color is applied.

Regardless, I cannot promise anything will happen for I am doing this entirely on my own. And it is going to take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I'm going to work on it. But keep in mind that I'm not really a dev on the game any longer. It'll take a lot of work that will include client and database changes to all the existing dragons so that IF the time can be made to make those changes and the color choices make it in, it won't alter the appearance of existing dragons without the player knowing it will happen. The membrane cutouts will have to be attached to each existing dragon, matching the correct skin of the 15 that exist and matching the base skin color. Otherwise your dragon is going to be different.

I am a little concerned about how the stripes and spots are going to look where they will cross over the border of the membrane texture to base texture if the colors are different. Back when I was testing my proof of concept, I hacked the client to use the stripe colors to give the membranes their colors. So I could not see how real strips would work. Something in my memory tells me that there is something funky about how that color is applied.

Regardless, I cannot promise anything will happen for I am doing this entirely on my own. And it is going to take some time.
    I will support you.

Thread Information