Thread: Support Guide - A beginner's Guide to Bug-squishing

Default Support Guide - A beginner's Guide to Bug-squishing

(sticky maybe?)

I've noticed that things are quite vague when it comes to bug reporting, and most people at first tend to go to the forums rather than the ticket system, I decided that perhaps a small guide to optimize bug reporting could be beneficial to both parties, devs and players.
    ___

Support:
    Support Link

If I'm not mistaken you can log in here with your account details to send in tickets, no unique account needed, feel free to correct me though.
    ___

To send in a ticket:

-First, make sure you're logged in to the support site.
    -Somewhere in the top-left side of the page there should be a button with support ticket. Screenshot
    -Next, select the appropriate category you're contacting support for, then scroll down and select submit ticket.
    -Fill in all required info in the next page, a good way to go about describing a bug is with the following points:
    • Description: [A short description about to who, where and what is happening.]
    • Can it be reproduced: [Is there a way to get it to happen multiple times?]
    • If so, how?: [in steps should be the clearest]
    • Possible accompanying screenshot: [only if neccesary, can be done as a link or attachment]
    \
    -When you have all that covered, you can hit review ticket which will bring up the next page, here you can see suggestions for articles that might relate to your problem. If, however, they don't offer a solution, simply hit Submit Ticket and it'll be sent in.
    ___

The time in between replies varies from day to day, please remember that Istaria's team is not the biggest, but know that each individual ticket does get read.

Default Re: Support Guide - A beginner's Guide to Bug-squishing

Thanks Meepsa, that's a really good one. Someone make that sticky!

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Elteria View Post
    Thanks Meepsa, that's a really good one. Someone make that sticky!
    Thanks Elt! and ah, it seems I forgot to clarify propably the most important portion in my initial post.
    _____
    Why submit tickets if we can report bugs on the forums?
    ___
    The answer is simple, whilst the devs do browse the forums, the support system is a lot more in touch, and doesn't risk the chance of something being overlooked simply because it's bumped away by other threads.

Thanks for the sticky!

Thread Information