Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 281/282 + Discussion

Default Blight Update 281/282 + Discussion

The following changes, additions and fixes will be going to Blight in the next day or two.

• Memorial Structure: Dryad, Elven, Human and Saris Cenotaph - some construction keystones and blocks incorrectly required Fitting Mallet tool instead of Masonry Trowel.
    • Memorial Structure: Elven Cenotaph will now show up in the plot construction list of buildable structures.
    • (Hourly) Fending Off Grulets quest will now correctly show the quest log step to Speak to Rancher Elden.
    • Shoulder Red-Rumped Parrot is now available from Purple Cashier in Winter Festival. Thank you Miira !
    • Beginner Snowball now lists as a Gadget instead of Spell in formula filters.
    • Spells: Stupidity and Scatterbrain will no longer conflict and fail to cast when teched with Spell: Deranged tech
    • Spells: Malady will no longer conflict when teched with Spell: Bane
    • Enraged Shining Wisps will now attack properly again.
    • Ul'zilgat Defiler (Fyakki) will no longer show the name of Ul'zilgat Flayer floating above their heads. You will now be able to tell them apart.
    • Mental Bane (both quested and crafted versions) now do delay-adjusted damage and no longer gives a timed buff.
    • Level restrictions removed from all Winter Festival shoulder pets, except Shoulder Treants. Pre-order Shoulder Parrots also had level restriction removed (incorrectly added on Delta 280 - sorry about that)
    • Many new icons, replacing default/generic icons. Thank you Racktor !
    • Mahagra Trading Hall, Town Center and Small trainer shop buildings and has been decorated with furniture. Thank you Tilithia !
    • Half Giant Small Shops in Mahagra has been decorated. Thank you Tillithia !
    • Lieutenant Acphlegm no longer uses Human Magical Aptitude ability, but instead Satyr abilities.
    • Demon Flurry now has a different default arrow effect than normal bows.
    • Trader’s Hall in Mahagra now has a Point of Interest region around it.
    • Dung Pile Combat Dummy added in Kion beside Militia Barracks. It has 100 Armor and heals itself fully every 1 minute. This is just for testing different weapons damage amounts, etc. You will not gain any experience killing the mob.
    • Relstaroth, the Lairshaper trainer, now offers a quest called ‘Lairshaping Mastery Emblem’. When you are 100 Lairshaper and 100 Crystalshaper you will be offered this quest to obtain the Master Lairshaper emblem. This quest is simply just a greet and receive emblem. Previously this emblem was only available from the Aughundell town marshall, requiring Gratitude Tokens to purchase.
    • Relstaroth, the Lairshaper trainer, now offers a quest called ‘Mark of the Grand Master Dragon Crafter’. When you are 100 Lairshaper, 100 Crystalshaper and 100 Dragon Crafter you will be offered this quest to obtain the Grand Master Dragon emblem.
    • Aughundell Town Marshall no longer sells Expert or Master emblems that are normally free from the Imperial Recognition Officer in Dalimond Tavern. These would be emblems awarded for reaching 100 in crafting schools.
    • Expert Dragon Lairshaper emblem can now be obtained from Solistan (free). Just greet him while joined in Lairshaping school.
    • Rebalanced the spawns at the Forgotten Camp
    • Adjusted the social behavior of the Avatar of Pain and followers.
    • Primal Roar's buff is now known as Verity.
    • Determined and Verity now have a duration of 1 hour.
    • Kerian's Quest: Learn How To Socket A Chest Scale! has been updated with new text and trigger points.
    • Blacksmith Quest: Make Short Work of Short Swords will now correctly display and advance quest to next step “Return to Sergeant Gaedin with 5 Bronze Short Swords”.
    • Point of Interest label typo Braekis changed to Braekhis’ Camp
    • Point of Interest label typo Nahguk Territory renamed to Nag’huk Territory
    • Books decorating the Lair plot structure: Library are no longer upside-down. Thank you Racktor !
    • Risen Sergeant uses Aegis Skeleton Chaos Warrior instead of Aegis Ghost Chaos Warrior.
    • Bristugo and Genevia uses colored ring portals to help quickly determine destination categories.
    • Teleporters play sound ambience when approached.
    • Animal Hides now count as gathered and organic resources (instead of looted and technique).
    • Multiple typos on multiple quests - Thank you all for the reports !
    • Dragon’s Reach abilities recycle time has been reduced from 1:00 to 0:30.
    • Epic boss respawn times reduced to 15-30 minutes (from 60-120)!
    • All Stone Flooring 5x15 tiles (except grass) resources now requires 20 Slate Construction Blocks and 35 Sandstone Construction Blocks (was 45/70).
    • Grass Stone Flooring tiles: 5x15 resources now requires 20/35 blocks (was 10/15). 10x15 now requires 35/55 blocks (was 15/25).
    • A new faction of Blight Anchors, the Fallen of Rachival, has been spotted on the Frontier.
    • Dragon adventurers now gain 24 health points per level (up from 20), 8 Strength per level (up from 7) and 8 Power per level (up from 7)
    • Brachina Beetle’s Acid Spray ability is now known as Acidic Spray, recycles a little faster and does nature damage.
    • Acid Spray’s debuff is now known as “Sprayed with Acid” instead of “Sprayed with Beetle Acid”, lasts 30 seconds (down from 70) and does nature damage.
    • Brachina Beetle (and other Death Beetles) now have a Necrotic Bite and a new version of Hardened Shell
    • Journeyman Metal Construction Jointing formula now requires 500 fitting skill to scribe.
    • Demon weapons each now have their own icon.
    • Anthas root icon was renamed so it displays correctly.
    • Water surface on ponds uses a different water shader.
    • Spirit of Sigrun has been moved about 100 meters west of his previous location.
    • Expert Primal Health formula fixed so it doesn’t require Dim essence orbs for T1 Primal Health spell.
    • A few sheep have been spotted grazing in the Kenaf fields on Fabric Isle.
    • Istarian, Browngill and Roughcap fungus have been found along the sea-side cliffs and road on Fabric Isle.
    • Enchanters no longer receive the Salvaging skill.
    • Statue at end of Helian’s Tomb now should cry, as intended.
    • Blighted Armor, Scale, Weapons and Jewelry are rechargeable again. You will right click Use the item to consume the appropriate Recharge cell.
    • Sorcerer’s now gain Clarity of Thought at level 59. Clarity of Thought allows the player to give themselves a 1 hour resistance to stun/mez.
    • Bloodthorn Bow now has a delay of 3.4 (down from 4.0), boosts the Bow skill by +70 and Dexterity by +80.
    • Reklar’s Sash of Fury now has a 15% chance (up from 5%) of proc’ing its effect.
    • Louisah Traadi now has the <Cleric Trainer> tag.
    • Multiple quest typos fixed - too many to list. Thank you all for the support and forum reports.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 281 + Discussion

so I take it delta posting is done by the devs again now? or only the bigger ones? mainly asking as the inconsistency drives me nuts haha.

The posting of the notes, you mean? Really works either way, I just figured I'd post it early.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Boosted Dragons and nerfed mobs? I`m not really happy. May i suggest Buffing some mobs back to their old strength again? Like Shaloth, Blight hounds n stuff? Many already complained about that. Well... If you still plan on adding an eastern continent that would be a different story...There would be much more stronger mobs.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    Boosted Dragons and nerfed mobs? I`m not really happy. May i suggest Buffing some mobs back to their old strength again? Like Shaloth, Blight hounds n stuff? Many already complained about that. Well... If you still plan on adding an eastern continent that would be a different story...There would be much more stronger mobs.
    What monster nerfs?

Thank you Amon...
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Boosted Dragons and nerfed mobs? .
    I do not understand- pls explain Pryzm

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    • Spells: Stupidity and Scatterbrain will no longer conflict and fail to cast when teched with Spell: Deranged tech
    • Spells: Malady will no longer conflict when teched with Spell: Bane
    Nice! Glad to see such a longstanding issue resolved!

Sorcerer's are going to like having a mezz immunity back.

Glad to see blighted gear fixed so it can be recharged again.

Faster BloodThorn Bow! Woo will be looking forward to trying this out.

Hopefully Avatar of Pain is going to still have some group members with him

It depends which server board I think is which.

What monster nerfs?
    I think Pryzm is referring to the change on the Queen a while back - early in 2015, I want to say? - and the adjustments to Blight Hounds that were later in the year. I don't remember what changed, exactly, but I know the issue with the queen was that her ads were instantaneously healing her once they spawned, making her unkillable since we couldn't prevent them. This was resolved by making them heal less, I think... but either way, the Queen or her adds changed in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I think Pryzm is referring to the change on the Queen a while back - early in 2015, I want to say? - and the adjustments to Blight Hounds that were later in the year. I don't remember what changed, exactly, but I know the issue with the queen was that her ads were instantaneously healing her once they spawned, making her unkillable since we couldn't prevent them. This was resolved by making them heal less, I think... but either way, the Queen or her adds changed in that manner.
    just as a small addition to this, if I'm not mistaken the blight hounds were changed to be less stun-happy or something, or atleast I remember it being linked to a stun ability. as well as a slight reduction in their total....I want to say strenth.

The following changes, additions and fixes will be going to Blight in the next day or two.

• Determined and Verity now have a duration of 1 hour.
    • Dragon’s Reach abilities recycle time has been reduced from 1:00 to 0:30.
    • Epic boss respawn times reduced to 15-30 minutes (from 60-120)!
    • Dragon adventurers now gain 24 health points per level (up from 20), 8 Strength per level (up from 7) and 8 Power per level (up from 7)
    • Sorcerer’s now gain Clarity of Thought at level 59. Clarity of Thought allows the player to give themselves a 1 hour resistance to stun/mez.
    Amon, these are exactly the types of changes we were looking for! In particular, I'm VERY pleased with the Sorceror ability. This'll be VERY helpful for me and anyone else that may choose to become a Sorceror!

I knew your team could figure out something wonderful!

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Earlyer i wasn`t able at all to kill a Blight Hound for example. They were only possible in groups. Now i can easily solo them and Faffy is no big deal with two dragons too. Also as mentioned by Racktor Shaloth was much harder. I actually liked her that way and so do many others as i heared out there in the chats of my groups n stuff. Correct me if im wrong guys (as if much r gonna answer here :P Seemingly only the active ones) Im not complaining but i`d wish more of a challenge back . I remember her taking half an hour sometimes. R you gonna add eastern continent one day? Or is that out of reach?

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Earlyer i wasn`t able at all to kill a Blight Hound for example. They were only possible in groups. Now i can easily solo them and Faffy is no big deal with two dragons too. Also as mentioned by Racktor Shaloth was much harder. I actually liked her that way and so do many others as i heared out there in the chats of my groups n stuff. Correct me if im wrong guys (as if much r gonna answer here :P Seemingly only the active ones) Im not complaining but i`d wish more of a challenge back .
    With all respect- my hybride was always able to kill a blight hound- and nowadays she can take 2 .
    I agree that queen hunts are too easy . I`m all for more or even new challenges. But its not a challenge in my eyes, if blight hounds have crazy abilities or stats (which they had) that queen has continual heal or that Valkor has to be chased beetween castle and icy lake- only to see him vanish and not return (e.g.). That these things have been corrected is much appriciated here.
    In general I agree with you Pryzm: Dragons should not be boosted as long there are no new challenges.
    But that all is off topic.

Thanks again Devs for that great update

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    With all respect- my hybride was always able to kill a blight hound- and nowadays she can take 2 .
    I agree that queen hunts are too easy . I`m all for more or even new challenges. But its not a challenge in my eyes, if blight hounds have crazy abilities or stats (which they had) that queen has continual heal or that Valkor has to be chased beetween castle and icy lake- only to see him vanish and not return (e.g.). That these things have been corrected is much appriciated here.
    In general I agree with you Pryzm: Dragons should not be boosted as long there are no new challenges.
    But that all is off topic.

Thanks again Devs for that great update
    Well i guess youre right. Meanwhile i got myself a scale update so the Hounds should be easyer for me also if they were still the same like back then. Anyway all together i can`t wait for the update also ^^. Especially the master craft title for them draggys hehe.

"Dragon adventurers now gain 24 health points per level (up from 20), 8 Strength per level (up from 7) and 8 Power per level (up from 7)"

Uhhh...i mean, i don't think it's useful? I personally think it's giving dragons extra bulk - certainly on the health side of things - that they don't neccesarily need.

My glass cannon melees can already survive the onslaught of multiple brachina beetles and scorpions (hint: annoying DoTs eat at health quickly and the 8k or so health of brachina beetles means they put you on acid..a lot) in DD without dying, and you see being glass cannon they have less than 3k health and 1k armour (low for an ancient dragon).

PLUS with the t6 scales dragons are stronger than ever, if i could do the above with a strength set and little to no health/armour crystals, i'd expect a t6 scaled dragon to perform even better...

They're slaughter machines even after the GR changes, even the most frail of dragons are able to kill almost anything asides epics with no real threats.

Someone else said it -- maybe it there was an eastern continent, it would not be an issue. We'd have a reason to need the extra bulk if we had mobs that could actually kill our dragons.

Of course, perhaps i'm just being....aggressive, perhaps may be the word? Maybe agitated is a better fit. As it is i see no reason for dragons to be any stronger - that sounds cranky and "get off of my istarian-lawn you kids!!" i know i'm sorry :P

Though, i guess if we already have dragons that are tough to kill, this wouldn't have much of an impact. We'd be tough to kill eitherway.
    Maybe if i hope reaaaallly hard the buff to health will allow for fancier and better improvements to combat later.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I think the buff to dragons was in response to those claiming the recent(ish) changes to GR and such are making them die a lot more. Of course that's 100% a guess, I have no honest clue, but just throwing that out there. And I'm in no way trying to start that Gold Rage again ;-; *ba dum tiss*

I think the buff to dragons was in response to those claiming the recent(ish) changes to GR and such are making them die a lot more. Of course that's 100% a guess, I have no honest clue
    Oh, i supposed that makes sense.

I've personally had very few issues with the GR change apart from hoard really, but then, it is elitism with such things that ruin this game so. No wonder i see no reason for a health change ahah.

Apologize for the delay in getting Delta 281 to Blight. Delta 282 is being captured today and both will be pushed to Blight at the same time. Delta 282 includes the following additions, changes, and fixes:

• Male deer (bucks with antlers) can now be seen mingling with the deer population.
    • Demonbane Spike now does greater damage and has a 10% chance (up from 5%) to proc its dispel.
    • Nervous Tick now lowers Focus instead of Strength
    • Demonskin Staff now does greater damage, has a slightly higher recycle (45 up from 41) and has a 10% chance to proc both its buff and debuff.
    • Demonskin Armor now absorbs 750 damage and includes Ranged attacks as well as melee.
    • Vampiric Bats (given from Bloodthorn Staff) now has a 10m AoE range (up from 5m)
    • Blood of the Myloc Queen potion now has a 30 second recycle (down from 600) and a 2.50 pre-delay (up from 1.00). THe potion now gives a buff known as “The Queen’s Blood” that lasts for one hour. On death it will resurrect the player and give another buff called “The Queen’s Strength”. This second buff gives a player a 25% boost to Strength, Power, Focus and Dexterity for 30 seconds as well as recycling all of the player’s abilities, spells, and items.
    • Bloodthorn Bow now has a 15% chance of giving Blood Drain, a powerful but short life drain.
    • Demon’s Blood Battle-Axe now causes greater damage and has a 15% chance of causing Laceration to enemies.
    • Valkor’s Blood Sword now does slightly greater damage and has a lower delay
    • Bloodthorn Staff now does greater damage, has a slightly higher recycle (45 up from 41) and has a 10% (up from 5%) chance to proc Vampiric Bats.
    • Demon’s Fist Maul now does greater damage, has a 10% chance of proc’ing Thundering Strike.
    • Thundering Strike now has a 15% chance (down from 100%) of stunning the target on attack.
    • Quest “The Forest Skulk Menace III” will no longer delete itself if you die before completing it.
    • Demonogii now does greater damage and boosts 2-Handed Slash by +100 in addition to Dexterity.
    • Chaos Chakram now has a 25 delay (down from 31), boosts Dexterity by +150, and 1-H Slash by +100 (up from 30).
    • Cudgel of Power now boosts 1-H Crush by +100 (up from +30), Power by +150 (up from +!00), does greater damage and has a 10% chance (up from 5%) to proc its debuff.
    • Mace of Divine Intervention now does greater damage.
    • Delgarath Anchor no longer counts as a Greater Epic anchor.
    • Human Medium Store will properly spawn consigner and pawnbroker when built.
    • Gruk the Frigid is now a member of the Winter’s Curse faction, is larger, and has new followers.
    • Hero’s Resolve now works with spells.
    • Lesser and Greater Epic bosses will no longer spawn with a range of levels. They will always spawn at their highest (some are even higher). Some have also gotten substantial health boosts.
    • Shaloth the Queen has empowered her colony with greater health and power.
    • Reklar’s Terrifying Roar now does actual mind damage instead of crush.
    • Fafnir’s Scorch does significantly more damage.
    • Reklar’s Plague Breath debuff is now known as Plague and does significantly more damage.
    • Surtheim is now surrounded by a Greater Aura of Flame and has followers.
    • Rift Guardians will now ignore player rating and will drop specific Essence on death.
    • Blagarath in Dralk now sells a Crystalshaper ability, Inspire Void, and two formulas (Rift Crystal Shard, and Rift Crystals) that may interest Crystalshapers.
    • Valkor’s Bats will do more damage than before.
    • Guardians of Heart, Mind, Blood, Bone and Rage now count as Lesser Epic Bosses.
    • Dim Essence Residue will spawn on New Trismus
    • Two new lair murals: Comrades in Arms, Familial Bonds
    • Vargas the Bold, Epic Vendor, is now selling a weapon known as The Harbinger (Crossbowmen should be particularly interested in this new weapon!)
    • 3 new decals for dragons (spots on body and wing) on character creation screen.
    • The Riddle Solver emblem renamed to Title: The Riddle Solver so that it will properly filter under ‘Titles’ in Abilities on character sheet.
    • A new enemy, known as Falgut the Slaver, has been spotted near a tower in the Eastern Deadlands. (NOTE: The quest series where you learn more about Falgut will be added in the next patch).
    • Gian Hawkwood, Mercenary of the White Company, is brokering the services of numerous allies (formerly combat pets) for the Gifted.

•Hero’s Resolve now works with spells.
    YES. Thank you.

•Blagarath in Dralk now sells a Crystalshaper ability, Inspire Void, and two formulas (Rift Crystal Shard, and Rift Crystals) that may interest Crystalshapers.
    Shouldn't that be sold by Crystalshaper trainer?

Can we get more info on Crossbowman epic?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Shouldn't that be sold by Crystalshaper trainer?
    No, that would require players to have to get into the Fiery Rift. Too restrictive.

Can we get more info on Crossbowman epic?
    Sure, once the patches are on Blight, login and check it out.

Thread Information