Thread: Tech substitution on unique items

Default Tech substitution on unique items

Ex: The Ceremonial Chest Scale and the Ceremonial Shield are techable unique items. When you've put a tech on one of these two equipments but later think you've made an error and would like to replace it by another one, it seems you can't.

There are several solutions:

1) A tech could be replaced on a unique equipment by dragging another one (the first tech is destroyed).

2) (The best according to me) Instead of giving a unique equipment, a formula is given at the end of the questline. This equipment is immediately attuned on creation (as in my example it is required to finish a questline to acquire it), so that it can't be equipped by someone that hasn't finished it (like Drain Bolt formula...I think, I don't remember whether it's attuned on creation or not).
    Last edited by SuHuz; March 20th, 2016 at 01:02 PM.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Default Re: Tech substitution on unique items

I do agree on that, it is a little unfair in that regard because you cannot get that item back.

It could also be applied to epic weapons and armor.

You can re-acquire some quested items from special vendors already.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Hello Amon, thank you for answering so quickly.

I know that town marshalls can sell quested techs and emblems. Also epic weapons and armor can be crafted.

I used the Ceremonial Chest Scale and the Ceremonial Shield as an example, is there a Vendor for them ?
    I searched on the net but it doesn't seem there is one. But I haven't logged in game for several months and it may have changed with new updates.

If not it means that once a tech has been added on one of these 2 items, it can't be changed anymore. But I would understand if this is wanted.
    Last edited by SuHuz; March 20th, 2016 at 03:45 PM.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Quote Originally Posted by SuHuz View Post
    I know that town marshalls can sell quested techs and emblems. Also epic weapons and armor can be crafted.

I used the Ceremonial Chest Scale and the Ceremonial Shield as an example, is there a Vendor for them ?
    Techs (should) be all avaiable via TM, however quested items are not. (I suspect to stop multiples)

Hmm but you cant use multiple unique items at the same time... would it hurt to have more than 1? but getting attuned formula is a good idea.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

What about an epic technique that allows you to replace a tech on an item with something else? Would be worth the effort.

Getting a formula instead, crafting yourself, would require the item to attune on creation. Otherwise it could be crafted and handed out. Ceremonial shield and scale are meant to be earned by doing the quest.

Making it a formula would require the player to level crafting just to get the item. I wouldn't be in favor of that.

If the formula (attuned) is given in addition to the attuned quest item, I think that is ok. Then it becomes up to the player to level craft to replace the item, should they later regret their choice of techs that got applied.

Another option could be a new type of drag to apply tech that once dropped on an item and you confirm you want to remove the in place techs, it removes all player applied techs from the item, and returns the removed techs in the players inventory. I support returning previously applied techs, because I know first hand that its possible to drop it on the wrong item through no fault of the player (client lag caused my mis-apply). This tech that removes other techs, could be just as hard to obtain as the top end t6 techs doing the town marshal quests for tokens of gratitude. He could sell it for same price as say frozen tech or blackhammers clan tech. No reason it needs to be easy to get especially if it will return the removed techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Making it a formula would require the player to level crafting just to get the item. I wouldn't be in favor of that.

If the formula (attuned) is given in addition to the attuned quest item, I think that is ok. Then it becomes up to the player to level craft to replace the item, should they later regret their choice of techs that got applied.
    Just to put it out there - formula doesn't always mean crafting must be leveled, such as the Helian's Trust which needs t1 mats. Though...i imagine if it -was- done down that route, since bronze shouldn't make a t6 item, i suspect you could have something like a repeatable quest after you've completed the entire questline that gives out a material required to make either the scale or shield? The formula having 1 skill to scribe that way.

Though i do much prefer your second option in this case anyway - giving a form and the items from the quest both since less effort (and no need to create additonal quests) and encouraging but not requiring craft levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Another option could be a new type of drag to apply tech that once dropped on an item and you confirm you want to remove the in place techs, it removes all player applied techs from the item, and returns the removed techs in the players inventory. I support returning previously applied techs, because I know first hand that its possible to drop it on the wrong item through no fault of the player (client lag caused my mis-apply). This tech that removes other techs, could be just as hard to obtain as the top end t6 techs doing the town marshal quests for tokens of gratitude. He could sell it for same price as say frozen tech or blackhammers clan tech. No reason it needs to be easy to get especially if it will return the removed techs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    What about an epic technique that allows you to replace a tech on an item with something else? Would be worth the effort.
    This i'm even more in support of! Not only for the ceremonial chest scale & shield but i mean....i could've gotten all those spider legs from a spirit V adventure suit back/shot.

In all seriousness, this would be a fantastic thing to have! Very much worth the effort, no crafting needed so doesn't force a player to craft and many potential applications outside of the cerm and other quested items.

How about you can redo the quest, get another shield (or scale)and tech it the way you want, they are attuned so you can't trade them. You can't equip 2 at once, so whats the harm in having 2. If you never use one, you delete it or its a keep sake taking up room in your vault

Only issue I can see is you could have different ones teched for different fights, but I don't see any harm in that. Maybe the Devs do.
    Last edited by Dacurly; March 22nd, 2016 at 04:17 PM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Great suggestion Dac, I would agree with you. That would also probably be the easiest thing for them to do, just make the quest repeatable. That is a really difficult quest too, maybe another way for players to get some XP too?

Ok so when can we expect this change to be implemented? HEHE

Replacing an existing tech on something just seems technically to likely be a mess. Pain to actually implement.

Repeating the quest would work, but some of the storyline type quests, don't really make sense to be able to do over and over. It's a story, once you've done it, it's done.

The option that both makes more sense lore wise as well as being much easier to implement is the crafting option for players once they have completed the quest. I don't see the issue with someone having 2 Ceremonial shields as it isn't like you can use 2 at once anyway. Same for scales.

Thread Information