Thread: How to engage /Setscale

Default How to engage /Setscale

Originally from Tazoon, then moved to the old community site by Hellbreath, now moved (a direct copy and paste) here.

while your logged out, browse to C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\Resources

open Commands_Players.def in notepad

after one of the commands "}' and before the next one's "//" paste in the following:

// setscale
    {
    string name = "setscale"
    string usage = "<pref name> <pref value>"
    string description = ""
    int numParams = 1
    int minParams = 1
    }

save the file and launch the game.

to use the command, select any player, or selectable object and type:

/setscale x.x

where x.x is 0.0 thru 3.0 normal size is 1.1

note: backup your command file, since any patching will overwrite it back to default

Small add. Donnt change it inside the resources folder. Copy it to resources_override first. This will keep it unchanged at patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eni
    Small add. Donnt change it inside the resources folder. Copy it to resources_override first. This will keep it unchanged at patch.
    Question... is there any information anywhere on how resources and resources_override interact? I was able to achieve an effect that I wanted by editing def files in resources, but if I copy to resources_override and make the changes there it has no effect at all.

[Edit: NM, as usually happens I got it figured out as soon as I posted ]
    Last edited by Diput; June 19th, 2006 at 05:43 AM.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does /setscale do exactly?

Change the display size of an selected objekt on your screen.
    Helps in better looting by shrink lootd corps.
    Shrink dragons blocking your view.
    Get out of tazoon floor as a hatchling by shrinking self.
    Unstuck yourself by shring/grow.

Oh! Very nice :-D Thank you, Eni.

Default Re: How to engage /Setscale

But when I try to save the file, it tells me "Access Denied". I tried saving it in the resources_override folder as well but that didn't work either. How can I get around/fix that? O.o

If you use Win 7 or Win Vista and Istaria is installed into the standard windows folder, for example C:\Program Files (x86) you need administrative rights to edit the file there. Easiest way is copy the file to desktop, edit the file you have on your desktop and move this file into resources override folder.

Here you will find a slightly enhanced version of setscale with instructions, so you can type as shortcut /ssc

Istaria Wiki Setscale
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I created a one click .zip file to simplify the process for anyone wanting to implement this with no fuss or having problems.

Download http://istariareference.com/mirror/setscale.zip

Extract the file to the main/base path of your game (Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria). Choose and select the Istaria folder as the folder to extract to. If you are unsure where your main game folder is located, then simply right click the icon you normally start Istaria with. Choose Properties. It will specify the folder it is located.

This will add a copy of Command_players.def to the Resources_Override\Resources folder. It is an exact copy of Command_players.def that already exists in your Resources folder. Except it contains the setscale function, along with an alias of /ssc.

If you do this while the game is running, you MAY need to restart game before this works.

After extracting the zip file (to your main game folder):

Type /ssc 0.25 (in chat bar) to shrink any clickable object in game (yourself, building, friend, resources, npc, etc)
    Type /ssc 1.1 (in chat bar) to restore the previously shrunken object back to normal size.

The range is from 0.25 to 3.0. Remember 1.1 is normal size.

Also refer to http://istariareference.com/customize.asp (scroll to very bottom) for more detailed info regarding using this zip file.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; February 21st, 2013 at 06:26 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Just a reminder for folks who use setscale and have a copy of the commands_player.def file in their /resources_override/resources folder.

There were some new commands added on the Spring Content 2012 (See section under Client/UI), such as /snr (Select nearest resource).

If you already had setscale setup, before the patch, then some of the new commands won't work until you update the file. To test this quickly, simply type /snr in the game. If you get an error message in main chat, then the reason is the outdated file in your resources_override folder.

Simply copy the new command_player.def file (From your Resources folder) to your resources_override/resource folder. Edit the copy and add the setscale commands again.

I've already updated setscale.zip with the new file and commands, so you can also download an updated copy now.

13 Ceg! 13!
    rip

Oops haha. Yeah, that should be May Content 2013, not 2012

Guys im having trouble i come from the world of 2015 XD
    TOO CUTE 4 U

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Just a reminder for folks who use setscale and have a copy of the commands_player.def file in their /resources_override/resources folder.

There were some new commands added on the Spring Content 2012 (See section under Client/UI), such as /snr (Select nearest resource).

If you already had setscale setup, before the patch, then some of the new commands won't work until you update the file. To test this quickly, simply type /snr in the game. If you get an error message in main chat, then the reason is the outdated file in your resources_override folder.

Simply copy the new command_player.def file (From your Resources folder) to your resources_override/resource folder. Edit the copy and add the setscale commands again.

I've already updated setscale.zip with the new file and commands, so you can also download an updated copy now.
    oh thankyou
    TOO CUTE 4 U

This setscale command is going to be added to /resources/Commands_Player.def the next time there is a patch to client. You will no longer need to download this file (this thread will also be obsolete at that time). When that happens, we recommend (I'll remind you when it's patched) that everyone delete any copy of Commands_Player.def that resides in your resources_override folder.

If players still have a copy of Commands_Player.def in their resources_override folder (from setscale.zip or you might've manually edited and added a copy) then that will prevent new commands to work correctly for you.

Not long ago, there were some new commands released, that were previously dev only commands (see #4 of this thread).

So players might be using a modified copy to have access to those extra commands, that normally wasn't available to players. We want to make those extra commands available to all players, to discourage needing a modified copy of this file.

So those that might be using the setscale.zip, would not have access to those new commands added on the other thread. Because that file doesn't have those new commands in it.

Once this new command is added, I strongly recommend you delete any copies of Commands_Player.def that resides in your resources_override folder. You won't need them, they'll be in the default game file. In addition, any new commands that might come down the pipe later, you'll be sure to be able to use them (not hindered by an old copy in resources_override).

This is a good example of why we want to discourage using modified Commands_Player.def

I will also delete my copy of setscale.zip from the Istaria Reference mirror folder and will no longer be available.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 26th, 2015 at 01:21 AM.

I apologize for the tangent in this thread, but since its brought the issue of getting rid of the old commands.def file in the override folder I'll post it here....

I'd like to get rid of my commands_def override file Ceg, but the command for purge textures (/purgetex) is missing from the new commands.def. Its sort of important alongside the agh_convert commands as it allows you to purge textures and reload them while working on a texture modification to see the changes. This way you do not need to constantly relog while working on a texture.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

It depends which server board I think is which.

I second Miira here. /purgeTex is arguably one of the most useful commands I have and I can't see myself getting rid of it to get some other commands that I likely won't use as much or to as high of an extent.

I can merge the two files, I think, to make sure I'm up to date with normal commands, but I'm not sure if the file is order-sensitive or not and I don't really like messing with the def command files.

That makes sense, /purgeTex will also be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    That makes sense, /purgeTex will also be added.

Thank you Very much!

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

It depends which server board I think is which.

Thanks Cega, that's perfect

Thread Information