Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full group exp back?

Default Re: Full group exp back?

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    I can't see this as being all that fair of a system really... two level 30 players are NOT equal to a level 60 player.
    The group bonus does not assume that two level 30 (rating 30) players are equal to a level 60 (rating 60) player. It maps the group's level to the monster's rating, taking into account the number of players, and provides a bonus. For a practical example, try two rating 10 simple warriors against a rating 13 or 14 or 15 monster. You'll see the bonus scale up appropriate to the risk. 13 is okay, 14 is hard, and 15 is really hard (thus more bonus). Please remember this is total rating, not just your current school level.

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    The group bonus does not assume that two level 30 (rating 30) players are equal to a level 60 (rating 60) player. It maps the group's level to the monster's rating, taking into account the number of players, and provides a bonus. For a practical example, try two rating 10 simple warriors against a rating 13 or 14 or 15 monster. You'll see the bonus scale up appropriate to the risk. 13 is okay, 14 is hard, and 15 is really hard (thus more bonus). Please remember this is total rating, not just your current school level.
    I noticed the more enemies that keep attacking the higher the danger bonus gets. Like for example 6-10 keep jumping in and this is based on current Mylocs not the possible buffed up ones in the new delta. I noticed you get more exp from the danger bonus than you used too with the multiple enemy bonus.

Yfelvik, has anything changed about the group bonus and the multi-monster bonus calculations?

If not, then I think the fixes caused a perceived change that isn't really there. In which case there's nothing that needs changed if it isn't broken.

If someone can demonstrate that the calculations are not working the same as before, then maybe there is some unintended bug.

But from my own logs from 2007, it took almost 2 hours to go from 87 to 88 wizard, doing the big pulls every 5 minutes. We had to wait 5 minutes for multicast to recycle, to use a multicast+perfect spell to bomb the flies before they killed us. So in 2 hours that's about 24 pulls of 8 to 10 mobs around rating 110. 6 or 7 players in the group, varied unknown ratings, but it was 2007 I know none of us was over 200 rating back then, and we were getting about 4 to 5k exp per mob. 900,000 exp is needed for level 88. At about 5k per mob, I need 180 kills to gain that level. That's only 18 to 24 pulls of 8 to 10 mobs. If we waited 5 minutes between pulls, that's 90 minutes. How does leveling today compare? I know that trophies give double exp compared to back then. (Quad exp compared to 2007 if it's during the bonus exp period).

We grouped just fine, mainly because the mobs were impossible to kill solo. There was no "disincentive to grouping", and I am pretty sure it was a lot slower to level back then than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Yfelvik, has anything changed about the group bonus and the multi-monster bonus calculations?
    Nothing has changed for the group bonus calculation, or any XP calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post

If not, then I think the fixes caused a perceived change that isn't really there. In which case there's nothing that needs changed if it isn't broken.

We grouped just fine, mainly because the mobs were impossible to kill solo. There was no "disincentive to grouping", and I am pretty sure it was a lot slower to level back then than it is now.
    But some things (atleast in doom) now have more hp thus take longer to kill, surely this should be reflected in either their final xp Value.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Thread Information