Thread: Joggler Simms Bonding the Blades

Default Joggler Simms Bonding the Blades

I was curious if it would be too much to ask for someone to look into "SHINING BLADES" and how much damage it does for it being an EPIC spell. This is a T4 Epic spell and it seems very weak. This is one best if not "THE" best animated spell in the game yet it lacks a good punch. It would be nice if the Multi Cast worked on it as well along with the recycle timer being lowered a bit currently it's at 10 minutes if I'm not mistaken the much stronger T6 Volcano spell had it's timer reduced and it can be used with Multi Cast enhancer

Thank you for your consideration,
    -Kor

Default Re: Joggler Simms Bonding the Blades

Completely agree. Damage needs about an x10 multiplier.

Also, the quest used to require the player to build a complete bottle cap collection, before it would be offered, but that got removed or is bugged now. Epic spell should take some little bit of work to acquire.

T4 quest is not epic and would be unfair to give it a boost as a result
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well how about putting the quest back the way it was originally, requiring a completed bottle cap collection to then be offered the bonding the blades quest? It's not too east to complete one of those.

Give Arek Wikhalad a boost. He is already tougher than before since he has guards now. I don't think anyone would mind doing a more difficult quest in order to get a better Epic spell. And it is called an Epic spell, so even if a t4 player is offered the quest, no reason the spell couldn't be improved. And the damage scales up with power anyway, so it doesn't reach peak damage for a t4 player until they hit level 100 (t6). On top of all that, it cannot be Multicast. It's really in need of a buff.

NM alls well
    Last edited by Smaug; April 1st, 2016 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    T4 quest is not epic and would be unfair to give it a boost as a result
    It certainly seems like an epic spell if it has the 10 minute recycle reported here tbh.

Like Guaran said, i wouldn't mind a harder quest (even if it means fighting t5/t6 things) if we get a spell that's worth it for more than it's pretty graphic effect.

signed*.....
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Right behind you when you're not looking!

I'm agreeing here, it does at most 450 damage, and since it's slash damage... Nothing against slash damage but so far everything I used it against barely made any difference lol! And since it has "self-range" it can't be multicasted + a cooldown shared with volcano and other epics that hit much harder, and the same ammount of cooldown as them. I'm also in favor of having it get a boost. The quest should naturally be harder as well then.

Or wouldn't it maybe be possible to get a second quest where you can "upgrade" the spell(damage and level requirement)? That way we leave it as it is now but you get a quest for its upgraded version, which shares a full cd with the original, but the timer with other epics stays the same? Maybe something for Conjurer(the upgrade), since AFAIK that class doesn't have any quests which I can seem to find... (And it's "the" class for summoning skill.) Despite the trainers always saying they do, even at 100 they don't. x-x
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Well how about putting the quest back the way it was originally, requiring a completed bottle cap collection to then be offered the bonding the blades quest? It's not too east to complete one of those.

Give Arek Wikhalad a boost. He is already tougher than before since he has guards now. I don't think anyone would mind doing a more difficult quest in order to get a better Epic spell. And it is called an Epic spell, so even if a t4 player is offered the quest, no reason the spell couldn't be improved. And the damage scales up with power anyway, so it doesn't reach peak damage for a t4 player until they hit level 100 (t6). On top of all that, it cannot be Multicast. It's really in need of a buff.
    Totally agree. I did that bottle cap collection for the spell and it was actually fun. It would also make those golems useful once again. At present don't think anyone actually goes there as their loot table is still set around that quest.

I think this is one area that would be good to have a revamp, similar to Dark Cyclone.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

How many times have I asked for this in various ways....?????

anyway yes please
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Doing the quest again, seems broken? It's asking for "AQUAMARINE" and "5 Silver Coins" it does't say the chip or a trophy or a special drop? I got both and greeted again and nothing, not sure what they want.

-HoS

Thread Information