Thread: Is Istaria still full of pedos? :I

Default Is Istaria still full of pedos? :I

Because while I enjoyed RPing the game, I noticed plenty of the visitors were not only okay with, but boasting over the fact that their hatchlings would have sexual relations. Hatchlings as in... Kids. Baby dragons.

I only played for about a month, and stopped because no one seemed to see this as an actual problem. I'd love to return... if this is no longer a thing, because it's more than a little disturbing to see. I understand it takes a while to get to adulthood but that is a big no-no for multiple reasons. Though, from the looks of the forums I can't help but wonder if RP is just dying out in general anyway and if I should go elsewhere for my fix of dragon RP.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Is Istaria still full of pedos? :I

I... never.. heard of this, honestly. Like... never. I have no idea when you're referring to but I can tell you I have never heard this in my 6 years of playing, including recently. So.. I suppose it stopped? o.o

RP isn't dead, but it's much more scarce than in the past. Usually you won't find many people gathered around big places for RP anymore, but there are many people who are willing to if you ask around or poke RP chat. Some days you might not find any, others you'll see a bunch of folks gathered in NT. It fluctuates a lot and it's hard to say whether it's dying or on the upswing.

No pedos that I'm aware of, no. I won't lie though, there are people who do "mature" RPs but it's never public, always in private chats or tells and something you would have to actively look for rather than accidentally stumble upon. There's a good amount of familial RP if you dig around as well, all of which should be family-friendly.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Only remember one "pedo" in the game and he got chased out only a few days after he actually began......doing stuff. >.> but aside that one specific person i don't remember any of instances this.

Like the others said tho - rp is a little scarce now, but far from dead!

now that i think about it i do remember a bunch of "super-rude" hatchies (in precisely the way the OP describes) from years ago......but they've loooooong gone, haven't seen any such behaviour described in a good while, and i can promise absolutely none of it is endorsed in any way by the playerbase.
    Last edited by Azath; April 4th, 2016 at 10:07 PM.

Depends on when you last played, and I would guess five or more years ago? No one who has rp'd anything remotely like what you are describing has been around in years. The majority of people are really respectful folks and if you find something offensive a bit of dialogue can go a long way.

The RP isn't dead per say, but you do need to look around a little for it. There's several small groups of people who I do know RP so I'm sure you'd find people who do still do some. Sometimes all it takes is approaching someone in character and it can set off a spurt of RP.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Hmmm... Wonderful! That's really good news, I'm seriously tempted to jump back in now! I really did love playing the game, I had started to get into some RP circles during my short stay... and I'm surprised this thread got so many replies, so quickly. Thank you for your input, all of you, it's valuable to me.

With the community at present, I've another question... Do females outrank the males in number? I'm curious so I can try to help balance it out a little. I also heard there was some RP on Chaos as well as Order, which surprised me a little.

There have always been "desperate" player in Istaria who harras and stalk female chars.
    From the very beginning until today (last case only a few weeks ago).

And like in rl, the young ladies do not stand up and shout loud- they are ashamed -do not defend themselves- and quit game as last solution.
    Seems that the abuser have a good feeling for very young and unexperienced ladies. Like in rl.
    But it happened to lots of us.
    Abusers themselves are sometimes kids (12-15).

So pls lets be aware that that can happen at any time on any shard.

White: If you experience any uncomfortable situation:
    Trust one of those who answered here and / or let devs know about (chat logs).
    Prob will be solved. !

Happy gaming
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Well I knew some unpleasant people since my stance in the game which is already a few years. Tho I only hardly ever sutmble on some of them, but they arent harassers or pedos, just unpleasant or too kid like people so, air is safe!

About the RP, yeah pretty mutch what has been stated, if you ever see me in game, poke me. Ill gladly RP with you!

Also, Ive noticed theres a good amount of Females recently, it is kinda balanced tho, so it is totaly up to your choice!

Can't say I've noticed an abundance one way or another between genders. My characters are a pretty random mix in themselves and honestly I don't pay attention to the gender of many characters.

Though, in reply to Lovwyrm up there, I can't say I've heard that happening but it's probably outside of my circle of friends/knowledge. Just know that the ignore feature exists for a reason - it makes you invisible to the ignored ,and the ignored can't see you. You also can't hear anything they say (though they might be able to hear things you write in public chat. They cannot message you and are not updated on your online/offline status). So if something like that happens to you, ignore is a very handy feature. If ignore fails (people circumvent it for example), then it's time to get logs and official involvement, of course.

That will happen in MMORPGs, and Istaria IS an MMO. even if you don`t see as many players online as other newer MMOs, you are playing with other people from around the world, so yes a few "bad" players might play. You just need to know the difference between mature RP, and harassment. I remember some years ago, there were several players who I had to put on ignore on my female characters. But if someone does offend, or harass you, there is an ignore option.

Any if I remember correct, sexual harassment can in fact get you banned. so make sure to save logs, even screenshot the conversation for your records, and forward it to the support team. That way they can do what they need to ensure action is taken to the offenders.

Yeah, I know there will always be undesirables in any MMO, but during the month I played it seemed like everyone was perfectly willing and okay with their hatchies having a toss in the bushes... I wish I'd taken screenshots. :I. I'm not adverse to adult scenes, I've played them plenty of times before, but when it comes to children and juveniles it's just disturbing to me. Hence, my concerns. Thanks for all of your advice, I shall take steps if I come across it again.

Still, I'm giving the game a second try, now. There's more people on that I recall from last time, way more, it's a bit exciting. I'll probably be around on Lupei or Avaroq, so if you see me around and want to RP, I'm for it!

Lupei: https://i.gyazo.com/3586112fdf4ccfd9...13dc59ed4c.png
    Avaroq: https://i.gyazo.com/3b6630c4d68e9a64...525143ea6f.png

EDIT: I tried to take the attachment back off. It told me no.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Adorable hatchlings! Feel free to wave hi to me if you see me on any of my characters listed down in my signature. I hope this time around is a lot more enjoyable for you!

Thread Information