Thread: New person; has question before downloading the game

Question New person; has question before downloading the game

So I have recently registered an account for both the forums and game. The registration page says that you can only be a human with a free account. However, the subscription page says 1x any race for free
    http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/subscriptions I do plan to be a dragon, however I am not sure whether the forums or official website is correct. (The website was a bit glitched with the buttons, so I assumed it may be old, however you never know.)

Can you please tell me if I can play as a dragon or not with a free account? Or perhaps Istaria is for free trial, that's what my friend told me however she has not played in a long time. I know some games have the option to pay and get membership right away so I wasn't sure if the payment method meant we can play for free forever or just for a limited amount of time until we have to buy the game. Though then there's the subscriptions page on the forums so.

Default Re: New person; has question before downloading the game

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzarium View Post
    So I have recently registered an account for both the forums and game. The registration page says that you can only be a human with a free account. However, the subscription page says 1x any race for free
    http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/subscriptions I do plan to be a dragon, however I am not sure whether the forums or official website is correct. (The website was a bit glitched with the buttons, so I assumed it may be old, however you never know.)

Can you please tell me if I can play as a dragon or not with a free account? Or perhaps Istaria is for free trial, that's what my friend told me however she has not played in a long time. I know some games have the option to pay and get membership right away so I wasn't sure if the payment method meant we can play for free forever or just for a limited amount of time until we have to buy the game. Though then there's the subscriptions page on the forums so.
    free accounts have been updated a few months ago to be level capped, bipeds can get to lvl 10 in all various schools they can join at that point, and dragons are capped at lvl 15

In general, the forums are the best place to get accurate info.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    free accounts have been updated a few months ago to be level capped, bipeds can get to lvl 10 in all various schools they can join at that point, and dragons are capped at lvl 15

In general, the forums are the best place to get accurate info.
    Ah thank you so much! Also it looks like we have to go through dragon stages. Can I get to adult with a free account? If not that is TOTALLY fine! I would be fine staying as a lil' hatchling (not really little, pretty big..)

I'll probably be in game soon. Whenever I get the courage to download this game. (And holy cow does it look large..)
    And one more question. Can I play in a windowed version? I get kinda uncomfortable playing games that I can't play in windowed version >.>

It depends which server board I think is which.

Of course you can play in windowed mode. I've always played in windowed since I dual log a lot.

You can't get to adult on the trial account because the min level for it is 30, twice the cap. Lvl 15 experiences a lot of content, though, so don't feel like you're stuck with absolutely nothing at your fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Of course you can play in windowed mode. I've always played in windowed since I dual log a lot.

You can't get to adult on the trial account because the min level for it is 30, twice the cap. Lvl 15 experiences a lot of content, though, so don't feel like you're stuck with absolutely nothing at your fingertips.
    Okay thanks! And you can stay free forever I suppose, because I read the announcements a bit. Just need to "renew" my "free" subscription with a click. :P
    Wait a second how do we get to windowed mode? Is it just an option that can be turned on from in-game settings or do we get to do it when the game's launcher come up? Or is it default?
    Some games have you turn it on from in-game, when the launcher launches (confusing, huh?), have it as a default, and sometimes you can't play in windowed mode. However I'll start downloading now, looks pretty cool.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I'm pretty sure Istaria starts in windowed mode by default. Though in the launcher, there is indeed an option to force windowed mode (boxed in yellow):

It's in the "Troubleshoot" section of the launcher after you log in. Otherwise, you can swap between fullscreen and windowed in-game, again boxed in yellow:

And yes, you can stay free forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I'm pretty sure Istaria starts in windowed mode by default. Though in the launcher, there is indeed an option to force windowed mode (boxed in yellow):

It's in the "Troubleshoot" section of the launcher after you log in. Otherwise, you can swap between fullscreen and windowed in-game, again boxed in yellow:

And yes, you can stay free forever.
    Thank you!
    And then I got my friend to download Istaria, too.
    Like just a few minutes ago, but she has to download later because she has her friends over and they want to have friend-time. Definitely no blame! :P (Yep from another game, a socializing one though.)

Welcome to Istaria!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I should of announced earlier but I am playing in the server Chaos with a Dragon named Vairidian Coalstone. I probably will never become an adult, as I don't have much money to pay for a subscription as of yet, but that's okay. I can still glide down and stuff.
    Weeeeee!

Yes, welcome! I hope you enjoy your time playing Istaria; just because it's an older game doesn't mean it can't be fun! :)
    Also, thank you for inviting your friend as well – the more people that join, the better!

Thread Information