Thread: Blight Delta 284 + Discussion

Default Blight Delta 284 + Discussion

A couple of minor fixes following up on Delta 283
    -----
    Blight Delta 284

• Fix Holy Symbols: The Tomb of Moravvis step 5 dialog
    • Updated constraints for Niesa’s Fate 1-6. You will now need to have completed the previous quest to acquire new quest.
    • Most furniture is now collidable.
    • Shift NPC around in Dalimond

Default Re: Blight Delta 284 + Discussion

What is NIESA'S FATE? Can't find anything on it here or on Istaria wiki, lexica. Is it the quest for Niesa's draught?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Niesa's Fate is a new long epic questline. It starts with the Niesa's Draught quests and expands on the story. I think you get it from the same guy the Niesa's Draught questline starts with, but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: From the 283 delta notes:
    Giltekh on the Island of Ice is looking for someone to assist him with a strange letter.

I believe that refers to Niesa's Fate.

thx Racktor

The ghost of Niesa is male, but she is female.

Quest: Niesa's Fate (Conclusion)
    Niesa tells you, <player>, I have more to tell and ask of you but first I want you to have something of mine. It lay in the chest just over there, a relic of my past that I no longer have any need or use for.

I didn't receive anything nor is a chest in that area.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Niesa's Bonds (Part 2)
    At second step of this quest you need to collect 4 Slave-Bonds from Risen Binders, I've been killing more then 15 Risen Binders and only got 1 Slave-Bond (edit: and this one on the first kill of a Risen Binder).

Either the drop rate needs to be adjusted or there is some kind of bug that only one Slave-Bond drops.
    Last edited by Terao; May 6th, 2016 at 10:06 PM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    The ghost of Niesa is male, but she is female.
    this is because, sadly, there is no female variant, it might be looked at in the future but I cannot make any promises at this moment.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Niesa's Bonds (Part 2) Having same issues as Terao. Plus no chest as Terao mentioned.

Niesa's Bonds (Part 2)
    At second step of this quest you need to collect 4 Slave-Bonds from Risen Binders, I've been killing more then 15 Risen Binders and only got 1 Slave-Bond (edit: and this one on the first kill of a Risen Binder).

Either the drop rate needs to be adjusted or there is some kind of bug that only one Slave-Bond drops.
    This issue was just hot-fixed to Blight, no reboot required. You should now see more Slave-Bonds start dropping. Please continue with the testing, everyone. You can now advance to part 3 now.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

The Slave-Bonds don't stack, not of a big problem but we all know how often a backpack is close to it's maximum item stack
    Some odd behavior I found on the lately added creatures like the Prison Sentinel and Risen Binder, after kill (and loot) they insta respawn within milliseconds.
    Niesa's Bond (Part 3), second step talk to Giltekh leads to that Niesa's Fate (Part 1) offered again and quest doesn't goes further.
    The Harbinger still add +70 to Bow, should be Crossbow skill
    Last edited by Terao; May 7th, 2016 at 08:05 PM.

I can confirm what Terao is saying I noticed the same things.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; May 7th, 2016 at 08:09 PM.

the slave bond bug will be fixed in an upcoming delta hotfix, please delete and restart part 3 once its applied to properly continue

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    the slave bond bug will be fixed in an upcoming delta hotfix, please delete and restart part 3 once its applied to properly continue
    I'm a bit late, but the hotfix was applied yesterday and you should be able to continue, part 4 currently has a bug of the same nature that will be fixed with the next hotfix (which should be last of this kind of bug), no ETA on it yet.

Niesa's Bond (Part 3+4) seems to work now.
    I still get Niesa's Fate (Part 1) offered from Giltekh Framtor (I don't think this quest should be repeatable).
    Niesa's Bonds (Part 6), step 2 "Return to Archbishop Tomas at the Cleric's Tower when you have acquired the ingredients", the ingredients: 1 Soul Fragment, 2 Shining Essence, 5 Blessed Water and 1 Crimsion Crystal Vial should be added to the text in the quest window.

On Niesa's Enslavement (Part 5) I bought the Sliver of Freedom formula, to be able to craft this crystal I need Slivers of Freedom - but I didn't receive a "Inspire Freedom" ability (and it isn't sold by Aratanosh nor BattleMaster Trikoz). This have been many bugs so far in this quest...
    The crystal formulas got neat new icons, but you forgot the Stone of Seeking one
    Last edited by Terao; May 11th, 2016 at 10:08 PM.

On Niesa's Enslavement (Part 5) I bought the Sliver of Freedom formula, to be able to craft this crystal I need Slivers of Freedom - but I didn't receive a "Inspire Freedom" ability (and it isn't sold by Aratanosh nor BattleMaster Trikoz). This have been many bugs so far in this quest...
    The crystal formulas got neat new icons, but you forgot the Stone of Seeking one
    Niesa offers Inspire Freedom. Check the rift vendor, Blagarath for other formulas.

Trade an NPC in the quest series to purchase several Formulas and Items:
    Give Ability Inspire Freedom is an item that can be purchased from one of the NPC's.

Once this simple item is purchased, you can Right Click - Use the item to give you this ability, permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Trade an NPC in the quest series to purchase several Formulas and Items:
    Give Ability Inspire Freedom is an item that can be purchased from one of the NPC's.
    The quest texts from Trikoz reads, and as I understood he gives/sells the ability, which would be logic as he is a dragon and a crystalshaper and sells the Shard of Freedom formula, but he doesn't, and there is *no* hint that it is sold by Niesa, which is a biped [Zombie] and Alchemist and never heard something of Crystalshaping, sorry but this is incoherent.

Niesa's Enslavement (Part 5)

Trikoz tells you, Greetings to you, <player>. What brings you before me this day? Falgut the Slaver? Yes, I have heard of this foul beast. He has enslaved many over the years. Slaves *ptah* A nasty business, they are. We Dragons once held the Living Races as slaves. Some of my people still wish it were so, I am afraid. Perhaps even some of the Gifted, yes?

Trikoz tells you, Myself, I prefer cooperation. We can accomplish much more together than we can apart or at the threat of fire or claws. Do not mistake me, <player>, I believe we are much more suited to lead and make the decisions than the naka'duskael are I simply think they should be allowed to agree or disagree with our decisions of their own accord. trikoz--nod_yes<!--/AN>

Trikoz tells you, You seek a way to counteract his power, do you? I have an idea that may serve you well. I am a BattleMaster, <player>_order, but in recent years I have become a learned Crystalshaper. Emotions are our currency and we use them to create powerful crystals that can be used in battle.

Trikoz tells you, However, there are things other than emotions that can be harnessed states, philosophies and so forth. They are much more difficult to harness and are often quite volatile, but they can be extremely powerful.

Trikoz tells you, I have in my possession the capability to inspire one of those philosophies that of freedom. It has been in my mind ever since I heard of this Falgut and his slaves. I will sell it to you, <player>. I hope it serves you well in the coming fight.

Return to Niesa, inspire freedom in your enemies, and trust that it works!

Niesa's Enslavement (Part 6)

Niesa tells you, Crystalshaping? I have never heard of such a thing, <player>. It is long-lost Dragon knowledge? Well, if the one you called Trikoz Trek believes it will work then you should certainly give it a try. I prefer to trust in my potions than something such as this, but I am somewhat set in my ways. As they say, this is the moment of truth.

Niesa tells you, I have seen a tower similar to that you describe. It lies further south of here, over a bridge past the Forgotten Camp. Go, use the knowledge you have gained, and fight the Slaver himself!

Good suggestion, devs have moved those to Trikoz on Delta 285.

Thread Information