Smeglor ~ so how are things looking? Might we
    seesome blighted equipment going live in the
    coming days?

Thanks!

=^.^=

Ummm... it is already live.

You've even consigned some of it.

[Mithril Blighted Short Sword] and [Expert Blighted Short Sword]

For the life of me, I don't see the value in this concept, thus the taking of developer time away from fixing and finishing more important things that are making even more of my friends and guildmates leave every day. *sigh*

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Default Re: A holiday present in the works

ummm...

that's one piece of literally hundreds that are coming.
    Smeglor and I were discussing the REST of the items.
    And as he already stated weeks ago, the work had already
    been done...

;-)
    Got Cowbell?

Well......

you've seen some of it! [:P]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

heheh [:P]
    Got Cowbell?

MMAI_ice

I will not try to convince the non-believers that this game needs unique, powerfull, loot only items. After having played games like UO, DAOC, Earth and Beyond 9alwayson the crafting side !!)and seeing it in action, i am amongst those that believe it's a must have.

How could it be implemented other than what we see today?
    Again, my opinion:

- dont make items rare by running an event wherethey drop and then stop the event again. People should always have a chance on getting an item, but as it is rare, not every day but more like once a month server wide !
    - Rare items should NOT drop from the same mob, in the same spot, over and over again. Make it truely random in time, mob type, location.
    - rare items should not be exclusively for the upper few. All levels involved please.
    - play with loot options like "only useable by the person that loots it, i.e. non tradeable", or "only one per account allowed", or "tradeable only once", or "only usable by one class", and decay/quality rates.....and the many variations to these, you get the idea
    - make the stats worthwile !!! not +5 to str, or -20 to ice resistance...make those items truely useable
    - rare items can be for adventurers, but also for crafters: "rare mining pick of + 100 strength" or alike
    - mix the solo and team encounters. Reward versus effort is important here. Having tokill a lvl 200 mob with 50 people where it drops one item with +5 str is, again, not the proper way to do it

In the other games i mentioned, these were the items that kept me busy a long time after i had played through all the content.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by MMAI_ice
    I will not try to convince the non-believers that this game needs unique, powerfull, loot only items. After having played games like UO, DAOC, Earth and Beyond 9alwayson the crafting side !!)and seeing it in action, i am amongst those that believe it's a must have.

How could it be implemented other than what we see today?
    Again, my opinion:

- dont make items rare by running an event wherethey drop and then stop the event again. People should always have a chance on getting an item, but as it is rare, not every day but more like once a month server wide !
    - Rare items should NOT drop from the same mob, in the same spot, over and over again. Make it truely random in time, mob type, location.
    - rare items should not be exclusively for the upper few. All levels involved please.
    - play with loot options like "only useable by the person that loots it, i.e. non tradeable", or "only one per account allowed", or "tradeable only once", or "only usable by one class", and decay/quality rates.....and the many variations to these, you get the idea
    - make the stats worthwile !!! not +5 to str, or -20 to ice resistance...make those items truely useable
    - rare items can be for adventurers, but also for crafters: "rare mining pick of + 100 strength" or alike
    - mix the solo and team encounters. Reward versus effort is important here. Having tokill a lvl 200 mob with 50 people where it drops one item with +5 str is, again, not the proper way to do it

In the other games i mentioned, these were the items that kept me busy a long time after i had played through all the content.
    Agreed, I played uo for 6ish years, i probably would have left after a couple if it were not for all the unique items/rares that were obtainable in game.

Alot of the times it wasnt even items of use, but simply to decorate, such as statues, banners, anhks, flowers etc. etc. (growing your own plants is suprisingly fun).

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

phinius pegasus

Woow! Sounds like it'll be alot of fun, too bad about the recharge stuff and the forever unusable

phinius pegasus

Smelgor, can u tell me the realease date of furniture?

Blighted stuff is old already, as I predicted.

And it never seems to get a very useful mix of techs.

I.e. the most common kind gives i.e. +60 power... and -40 focus.

Besides giving power on a melee thing is not really useful, the -40 focus negates most of the idea of benefit.

Anyway the market speaks loudly: most end up in the pawn broker.
    They are no good for hoard. More the hassle than the benefit and thefew survivors that arelike meand are stupid enough to roleplay (since the new trend is min max period) don't want tainted hoard off blighted stuff.

The ones I see on consigners are at 4s. And stay unsold.

Now I wait for some sobering up and get unique weapons done as players and not developers want.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I got some good ones, one with %6 for cripple and 6% for ethereal paroxysm.
    On order I see many that collect them for various purposes, but having just the short swords isn't really interesting compared to when we'll have many kinds (jewelery I think will be nice to have).

Blight updates 12/17/04
    Fixes:
    Fixed description for Primal Mastery V quest, said 50 Treants, but expected 40
    Abilities which inflict "maximum damage" will now consistently deal the maximum damage you can deal with that attack.

Additions:
    Tier 5 Blighted Equipment and Formulae should now be dropping off Tier 5 Withered Aegis Monsters.
    Tier 5 Recharge Kits for Blighted Equipment have been added to Korlottia the Vielo.
    Feladan-In-Exile: Visitor's Pass quest updated

Updates:
    Feladan-in-Exile conversations to speak about present-day Feladan
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean we get all the blighed tier 5 EQ on live shards next update ?
    Also it sounds like no recharge kit drops [:|]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Is the blighted stuff ever coming for lower level characters?
    it would be nice to be able to take part in something new and cool one day.

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

They are first introducing tier 5 then 4 and downwards, but it will come[:)]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Cool.
    Im trying to wait patiently [:D]
    I have problems with that sometimes.

lol... sooooo...Smeg?

Groundhog Day wasn't the holiday you were referring to,
    was it? [:P]
    Got Cowbell?

Tier 5 was released to Blight before we left for vacation. That will be goingto Chaos/Ordersoon. The other tiers will be coming to Blight (the on to the other shards after testing).

Cool cool.
    I keep seeing people showing off thier Blighted Short Swords in the channels. I wanna get my low level hands on some. [:D]

I found a blightediron sword today on a fyakki in elnath. probably only t2 one to be included, but I hope we see the rest soon [:)]

I like the blighted items, and some have cool techs and names [:)]

I want you to know that I tink those snowballs sucked big time! SWG gave all of us with JTL 75k credits each.

Thread Information