Thread: Look what I found!

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Wink Look what I found!

Ooo look what I found while browsing the internet :O
    istaria races.jpg
    Apperantly these were the planned races for istaria when it first came out? O.o
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Look what I found!

Yep, that's the concept art for the races. A lot more concept art can be found here, if you're curious.

Griffon mount looks really cool. I wonder if Griffon and Troth could be used as pets or combat allies.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

It depends which server board I think is which.

I think those models were lost to the wind a long time ago, unfortunately. They also looked rather crappy in-game; I remember seeing a screenshot of the griffon. It was kinda cringeworthy

There aren't any models of the Griffon or others in the game graphics. If they got any of the 3D models it may take a lot of time to do the animations and such. I would appreciate if they fix the Maggot Lord and Welgers, this would really be great and may take less time as create complete new things. The game needs some new creature graphics, always the same golems, undeads and stuff only variation with some other textures becomes monotonous. Some screenies could be found here: The Lost Creatures.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I did a lot of searching through the archival files when I was working on the game. The only old models that I found was the goblin mount (which is known as the Mook), a cyclops, frost cat (a kind of saber tooth tiger), and an early dragon model.

The Mook is the only one that is kind of close to game ready. Though it was flipping UGLY.

Cyclops and frost cat were not really usable. Would have been better to start over rather than try to animate and use them. Very simple models compared to the current game models. They would have looked out of place.

The dragon model made it into the game in a small way. It can be briefly seen in the flashes of the dragon in the Drulkar's Wrath spell effect. I used the model because of how different it appeared from the player models. I didn't think that Drulkar should appear to just be a version of them so it came in handy. I always wished that I could have animated him in the effect but the effects editor just would not cooperate with me so I settled with the flashes of him in static poses.

Interesting fact: The Gruok have a "locator" in them named "mount". A locator is just something in the model where another model can attach to. I'm assuming that is because at one time they were intended to be a player mount. I can't recall if the Mook had a locator or not but the concept art shows an orc on the back of one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flamefeniks View Post
    Ooo look what I found while browsing the internet :O
    istaria races.jpg
    Apperantly these were the planned races for istaria when it first came out? O.o

That is correct.
    Bherel Auphun (Chaos - main)
    Roasted Sumatra (Chaos)

Sassi Quickwing (Blight)
    [Beryl, house of the Kindred Spirits, Dawn Server, R.I.P.]

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Goblin Archer would have been real fun to play.....just sayin'

The Demon? looks interesting.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

http://bristugo.com/user/121/track

even more for those never satisfied hehe

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Thread Information