Thread: Biped designs

Default Biped designs

Who wants to join my campaign...Bipeds for Beauty (our slogan is make bipeds beautiful again)

The BFB (me) wants more design options for bipeds!

I'm talking, on character creation:

-Scars (facial and body)

-War paints (facial and body)

-Wider variety of skin tones (i think the race that best shows this is satyrs: we have white as a ghost, dark, and maybe a 3rd skin tone i forgot?)

-Wider variety of hair styles. This includes but is DEFINITELY not limited to: mohawks for ladies too, undercuts, bowl cuts, bobs for the ladies that look actually like bobs, beaded hairs outside of saris, headbands, bald hairs which show that lil patch of dark/shadey bits so not egg head bald but my hair is shaved constantly bald y'know, pony tails, i'm not really an expert on mens hair styles so sorry for the female focus...no limit to gender for all of those, too!

-Wider variety of racial hair styles. Now, this is most obvious with satyrs, SARIS, and dryads, as the few races which DO have race exclusive hair styles, but would be nice if more races got racial focus styles and there was more variety. Like...in the saris, differnet coloured/styles of headbands and beads, dryads need TRULY bushy hair (like y'know those camouflage suits like http://images.esellerpro.com/2294/I/122/58/$_57%20copy.jpg this? imagine the hair stle based off of that :P) too. Not exaclty sure what kind of styles other races could have because i don't know the themes that well...but half giants seem like they'd have a lot of long hair styles for both genders - yes men too!

-Stemming off of racial hairstyles...gnomes should have optional war paint which is actually spilt oil from working on those machines all day on their faces :P A lil blackened cheeks never hurt a gnome...not any gnome that's not a fire mage anyway.

-Wider variety of hair colour. I mean, we have...blue..red...brown...blonde...black...dark purple? I think that's it. It would be nice for more shades of ALL of those colours. So light blue, dark blue, turquoise....scarlet, bright red, maroon...dark brown, light brown, more of a maroon but not quite brown...bright yellow, sandy....lilac, i think most hair colours can/should have 3-5 shades really. As well, new hair colours completely - like green, pink, colour mixes aside purple/red too.

-Body hair options. I want a lil chest hair on my bipeds, maybe some really hairy legs and arms too!

Some armour changes would be nice too...

Now, i don't want ANY stats or types or anything not purely aesthetic about armour to change. I really want...

-Armour "options".
    I want bare chested character with maybe only a small chest plate attatched with leather strips so some of the chest/body shows!
    I want people redefining "fortified" with blocky, heavy armour....
    I want shoulder pads with spikes on them!
    I want my leather armour to be like a fiery dire wolf! (Other animals are available :P Deer hide, other wolf types, heck even ruxus armour) AND drenched over my shoulders so i can show off my precious wolf hide like Cruella de Vil :P
    And animal-head based headgear, too, kinda like the stormcloak bear armour from skyrim (forsworn also applicable examples), i wanna the skull of an elk or wolf as my headgear!

I'm not entirely sure how that would be implemented, but i would literally sacrifice a human to niatha moraven to have them. Since stats wouldn't change, just aesthetic, perhaps a second "dye" (applied like a dye kit, anyway) that turns a peice of armour into a different style, as multiple formula just gets complicated.

-Capes, obviously.

Don't get me started on satyrs...

So satyrs, i think need at character creation...

-Body hair options. Options which allow the neck/chest and wrist/arm hair to be removed, lightened (in terms of density of hair), or increased in density even.

-Body hair having a different colour option to head hair. To give that context, i'd love to give a satyr blonde head-hair, but honestly the yellow body-hair makes me wanna puke - it may make it look better! That's just my personal opinion, though, but i'd also give my satyrs grey body hair if i could make their head hair a different colour...and vice versa! Having ALL hair one colour just makes some designs look awful, so different colour options for head and body hair please.

-And more on the satyr hair...more colours! Doing the suggestion just above there - seperating hair colours for body/head - also gives way to more hair colours without having a magenta on the whole body party satyr (not that i'd hate that, of course ;p), refer to variety of hair colour in the first block of suggestions.

Join BFB - Beauty for Bipeds today! Making bipeds beautiful every day....

Default Re: Biped designs

As much of this as can be done... should be done! Full support from me!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

It depends which server board I think is which.

I don't have the time to really fully read through this right now, but skimming through I just wanna point out a few things about colors -

Dragons are so colorful and customisable because they're set up really different than bipeds. Dragons have completely grayscale textures that have .act tints applied to them that fill in those shades with hues. Their markings are very similar, and are blended into the scales using a filter from the client, I believe.

Bipeds, on the other hand, do not have these grayscale textures. Their textures are pre-colored and so you'd essentially have to recreate a bunch of ped textures with various colors rather than slap a gradient in an act file. I'd love to see this done, honestly, and I think I'd know how to, but I can't even imagine the complications there'd be with the coloration of the eyes, which are just a texture on the body, and also how badly the database entries for characters would be tossed around.

Like all of those ideas.

Love those ideas about the leather armors. Your mention of the fiery dire wolf made me think: picture a leather armor that appears on fire.. and of course could be other variations. And a dark green one for druids, with a green glowing effect (perhaps plant tendrils moving about) coming off all the pieces.

If something like this could actually be done as a new type of armor dye, that would be awesome. Could require tech comps as part of the ingredients, or maybe use chromas. But adding glowing effects to armors sounds really cool. And icy frost effect... Even if the effects were kept subtle, it could look great.

And of course a leather with a ripped up and worn appearance, would look great also. Some stretching and tweaking of the dire wolf textures could work. Heck it could even look exactly like the dire wolf texture, and require dire wolf hides to craft. You cut that leather off the nasty beast and used it to make this armor, it would look just like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    YES!

Love it. Biped in dralk? Get your icy dire wolf coats TODAY! A perfect cooler for those hot, summer volcanoes!

Going to Mahagra? All your gear too thin? Fear of getting minor cold? WORRY NOT! Your fiery fire wolf coat comes with FREE FIRE for those real cold climates!

/shot

For real though, love it.
    Especially the idea of a druids leather armour with plant tendrils 8D

And worn armour...."It's a stylistic choice!" A yound fiend shouts to her mother, who not moments before, said "Why do you like to wear your armour ripped dear?", i love it.

Using tech comps gotten from mobs i wouldn't mind - we already gotta rely on better crafters for style clothes in a lot of cases currently, i see no issue with it. Would be fun, "I just defeated mani the dire wolf! Now i've got a luxury coat!"

These would all be really nice, though some of them might be hard to do-like how Rack pointed out with the colors.

Still, though, whichever bits can be done, would definitely be welcomed!
    Niomira- 100/100/100/100 ancient, Order

Right behind you when you're not looking!

Supporthing this idea!
    As long as it's possible why not give it a try? Though if it does indeed take too much work on some stuff, skip those and do the easier stuff I guess, would be too much trouble otherwise I'm thinking? xD
    Light covers night, night fades, when it does, storms come. ~Storm Dragons
    Currently Getting Coppers, gaining Silver, making Gold, Pursuing Mithril!

Thread Information