Thread: Dev Raids

Default Dev Raids

The Dev raids that have been happening are pretty fun when your in the mood for them. Ludwik has had a good time killing us I think, but we always seem to come out on top in the end. With that said, I want to point out some things that I don't think are right or fair.

I think transporting players in the fight to abstract places away from there is an abuse of power and not something any of the Withered Aegis could do, in which Ludwik is supposed to be portraying.

I don't agree with the fact that at times he will res players that have died and spawn them on top of a greater anchor or Daknor to let them die and then res again. This is also an abuse of power.

I love the raids in the towns, but I don't think messing with a player is the right thing to do. My opinion of course, if I'm wrong let's hear it!

-KOR

Default Re: Dev Raids

I think its all in good fun.

I've had fun in both raids I was online for.

The resses are superior res pretty sure, so no harm there.

As long as someone afk isn't ported, probably no biggie. Ludwik could just watch market chat to verify that. If you are online during a raid and chatting (i.e not afk) , you are fair game. It's a raid after all

The WA learning new tricks like that makes it more exciting. We just have to be more careful. WA trickery isn't to be trusted or taken lightly.

If this porting of players to a different location is "a new tactic of the WA (role-play) " to try and confuse players I would be all for it.

If it is to just keep players from finishing off the spawn then I would not be for it.
    Dropping a player on top a GA or Daknor without asking player just for loll's I would not be for.

I wish I could be online for more of these fur the excitement and fun. (ymmv)
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

It depends which server board I think is which.

I find the teleporting pretty funny, honestly. My friend Zzacku was teleported right onto mobs from halfway across the world or city whenever he was around during a raid, but that was because below the level where you get DPs. I know Justin's also suffered at the hands of the Aegis pretty often, poor guy.

I'm pretty sure if people were honestly frustrated with Ludwik teleporting them, they'd probably speak out in a more serious tone and call it, as you have, an abuse of power. I find it all in good fun and would sort of see it as being snatched from my perch, though usually I'm directly in the fray anyway.

I think the idea of raids are great, sadly only managed to go to one whilst off work recuperating from an operation as I live in the UK. The raid didnt start till well after 4am my time (last raid lead by Ludwik). I beleive this is very unfair to EU players. It also has to be pretty late for a lot of US players. I know the US players in our guild also complained about not getting chance to attend due to the times they are ran.

Liseth Suggested having raids also ran to accommodate our EU members. This would be a great opportunity to gain tokens and the like. Outside the Dev raids I know we are finding it difficult to get enough people together (due to low player base) to form a group to kill these epic bosses, and since they have been made harder to kill in this last patch, sadly a great number of us are less likely now to actually get the opportunity to get our hands on any of the epic items.

So I implore the Devs to think of the players who are missing out on these raids to try make future raids more convenient a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Qetesh View Post
    Liseth Suggested having raids also ran to accommodate our EU members. This would be a great opportunity to gain tokens and the like. Outside the Dev raids I know we are finding it difficult to get enough people together (due to low player base) to form a group to kill these epic bosses, and since they have been made harder to kill in this last patch, sadly a great number of us are less likely now to actually get the opportunity to get our hands on any of the epic items.

So I implore the Devs to think of the players who are missing out on these raids to try make future raids more convenient a time.
    I figured I may as well post here now that I have been mentioned, if anything for full disclosure.

I have mentioned that I will try to get the idea of Dev/WM raids that are EU friendly across, if anything run by myself once I get familiar with the commands and systems that may apply, but for now, I cannot give a solid answer on this.

Something else that I do want to mention, is that hard work is being done towards making raids automated (but not repetitive) through the server, this would basicly cause raids for both EU timezones as well as NA ones, but once again, I cannot give out exact details on this.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Chaos eather in Elia or Harro unless I go to sleep while being lazy in NT ;p

I really enjoyed the last one Even when SoG and two others where playing a game of triple tag team on me. Was doing good up to that point, started racking up DP at a fairly good pace after that lol

And yes the Aegis are picking up new ways to cause disruptions But it seems that a bit of taunting starts that to happening. We got charged two or three times by Ludwik with the intent I am sure to drop something on us due to a bit of taunting we did

As long as is it is only done to those baiting or taunting Ludwik I see it as good and fair, and fun to be a part of
    Solarrian Windwalker - Helian - 100/100/100/100 DGMC
    Drackhen Windwalker - Helian - 48 Adv - 41 Craft
    Timeraiire - Lunus - 35 Adv - 35 Craft
    Chaos Server - GL Casual Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    ...I think transporting players in the fight to ...is an abuse of power...I don't agree with the fact that at times he will res players that have died and spawn them on top of a greater anchor or Daknor to let them die and then res again. This is also an abuse of power....
    I generally agree with this - porting players away and forcing them into fights they're not ready for/may not even want to partake in is pretty terrible, not everyone is capable of epic hunting and some just plain aren't in the mood to, and some have bigger priorities...but...

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    As long as someone afk isn't ported...Ludwik could just watch market chat to verify that. If you are online during a raid and chatting (i.e not afk) , you are fair game...
    The WA learning new tricks like that makes it more exciting. We just have to be more careful. WA trickery isn't to be trusted or taken lightly.
    I would disagree on "fair game" - i may be an ancient, but i don't always have the will to do anything except chat online due to various personal circumstances. If i were to be ported to a fight in such a mood then i'd just log off, honestly, and probably rest for the night (since raids happen midnight+ EU time generally).

Though, outside of those moods, i'd still find it annoying (unless my consent given) because y'know, i was trying to do something. Would feel kinda rude to get plopped into Augh then just port away with everythign raging like..back to gathering. xD Having autonomy is nice. Plus i'd rather get a chance to buff up and use items before i enter an epic raid - getting plopped there and insta killed would ruin the chance to buff until like hm, a sorceror probably, gets there.

Can't deny there are definitely those (such as spoken here) who like it though. It is fun to be plopped into a fight...when it's wanted!

Anything can be justified in a game by saying "it's just how it's meant to work", doesn't stop how it's meant to work from being terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarius Shadows View Post
    If this porting of players to a different location is "a new tactic of the WA (role-play) "....If it is to just keep players from finishing off the spawn then I would not be for it. Dropping a player on top a GA or Daknor without asking player just for loll's I would not be for.
    Refer to my last line above for "new tactic of the WA".

But apart from that, agree here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarrian View Post
    As long as is it is only done to those baiting or taunting Ludwik I see it as good and fair, and fun to be a part of
    Now..to come to the section of stuff i personally don't mind :P

As long as consent has been given before it, then great. Makes it more fun for everyone, no frustrated players going there when they don't want to, and that player gets to experience the fun aspects of being plopped into a raid!

On a similar token, if someone who hasn't given consent desires it to be "reversed" and ported back to where they were/and any dps removed and that then is allowed to happen, then sure.

Taunting i'd be a bit careful about, as long as it's continuous - ie, not one person makes one joke once, - then that makes sense. Taunting doesn't always equate to consent, but much of the time those who do taunt would give consent. Of course, there are/will be times when that isn't true.
    Last edited by Azath; May 25th, 2016 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Personally haven't seen many who haven't given consent been ported, but ehhh, it can happen.

Are those raids going to be specific days of week at specific time?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

As far as the times the raids happen, I know they have happened during the day (CST -6), which is evening for EU, as well as middle of the night (who knows, japan or australia times maybe). So I think that is already being covered pretty well. Once it is automated, I think all concerns voiced above will have been addressed.

I've had a talk with Ludwik. He'll no longer teleport players. He sends his apologies for any inconvenience.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

(Awwww!)

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

"I think transporting players in the fight to abstract places away from there is an abuse of power and not something any of the Withered Aegis could do, in which Ludwik is supposed to be portraying."

Sorry but if gonna use that rational then shouldn't be calling in any of the epic/boss mobs, no other Aegis does that either I don't think.

I think what Ludwik is doing is just all in good fun and trying to mix things up so not to get boring.

Good job Ludwik

Dev raids are suspended (for now).

They are trying to add some automated (and random) raids in the mix for future.

Stay tuned!

I wanted to apologize for a huge mistake. I meant to post my previous post in: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...0806-Dev-Raids NOT HERE!

I just searched for "Dev Raid" and this was the thread that popped up. I honestly thought I had posted this to the other thread.

I was informed some people might've thought the raids were suspended because of Korchak and I was quite surprised and confused as to why they'd think that. Now I see why, because it's in the wrong thread and could lead you to believe this is all related. I want to ensure you this has nothing to do with that. He made a legitimate query and I agree with concerns 100%.

I want to personally apologize to Korchak if anyone might've inferred this is related. It certainly is not! Wrong thread!

I know and have played with Korchak and he is a great player, certainly helped me alot back in the early days, I have nothing but the utmost respect. So please, dont have any incline that he is to fault. I can assure you all 100% that it's not the case at all!

The issue is more of time constraints and we are honestly working on using the new Herald system and tweaking how this AI behaves. It will be more robust and much more fun. This would be more inline with the old school town raids from years ago (which I really enjoyed).

Thread Information